Moment

Movie and a Mess

June 25, 2007

“Movie time!” Callie yelled running into the room pushing Jack onto the couch before stuffing a video hastily into the VCR.

“Want me to get some popcorn or something,” he asked.

“Ooooo yes, that’ll be easier to keep the movie a surprise,” she turned around nodding her head vigorously.

Jack laughed and stood up slowly trying to peak around at the TV to see if he could figure out the movie from the trailers playing.

“No! Go, go, go,” she said pushing him towards the kitchen.

He chuckled before doing as she asked. Five minutes later, Jack waltzed back into the living room and saw the TV on but no movie, just commercials. Callie sat snuggled on the couch remote securely in her hand and a blanket held up with the other waiting for him to sit beside her. Jack smiled and sat down as she placed the blanket over his lap then snuggled into his chest.

“Okay guess,” she stated.

“Guess what?”

“What movie we’re watching.”

Jack rolled his eyes and racked his brain for any clue from today that would have led to this random movie night. “Peter Pan?” he asked remembering Alex explaining the Peter Pan allusion in “Stay Awake” to her earlier.

“Close, but nope,” she said shaking her head with a small smile.

“Hmm,” Jack murmured placing a finger on his chin in thought. “Disney?”

She nodded her head against his chest enthusiastically.

“Toy Story?”

“Nope.”

“The Lion King?”

“Nuh-uh.”

“The Little Mermaid?”

Callie sighed and shook her head. “I’m too impatient!” she whined and pressed the play button.

“Aladdin” appeared across the screen in cursive-like gold lettering. Jack laughed and kissed her head before stuffing a handful of popcorn into his mouth while listening to her sing softly along with the opening song.

Her hand slid towards the popcorn bowl just as Jafar disguised himself as a creepy old prisoner. Jack smirked slightly and moved the bowl away from her hand. He could hear her pout before she grabbed at the bowl. He moved it away again chuckling slightly as he did so.

“Bitch gimme some popcorn!” she whined.

“Nuh-uh my little Jasmine,” he teased.

Callie glared up at him before rolling over with her stomach on his chest. “Pweaseeeeeee?” she asked childishly.

Jack smirked and shook his head holding the popcorn far above his head.

Callie groaned before lifting herself up and straddling him. “Please JackJack?” she crooned placing her hands on his chest.

Jack continued to smirk and hold the popcorn above his head, but he also slid his other hand around her waist holding her down.

“You know I can still reach the bowl, right?” Callie raised an eyebrow slowly lifting a hand.

Jack nodded his head and grinned, but rubbed circles gently on her lower back that was now exposed slightly.

Callie eyed him suspiciously before swiftly grabbing the bowl, making the contents topple over the two. “You bitch,” Callie laughed smacking his chest lightly.

“Hey now, I didn’t make you reach for it,” Jack countered laughing and picking a piece of popcorn out of her hair.

“Well if you hadn’t been a douche bag and kept it from me, we’d have some fooooooooood,” Callie replied dramatically rubbing her stomach.

Jack’s face lit up before replying, “I will make something!”

Callie’s looked at him fearfully. “Oh no Jack, really not,” he grinned widely at her before lifting himself up, leaving her on the couch, “Necessary,” she sighed as he walked into the kitchen.

“Pause it!” he yelled from just inside the door.

Jack rummaged the cabinets and when he found the Betty Crocker brownie mix he let out a loud, “Aha!” skimmed the ingredients and slammed it on the counter before moving swiftly to the refrigerator and grabbing two eggs. He took down the vegetable oil from another cabinet and pre-heated the oven to the recommended temperature.

“Jack!” he heard Callie yell from the other room while he started pouring things into the mixing bowl.

“Yes mamma jamma?”

“Are you planning to use a stove?” she yelled back, hesitation evident in her voice.

“Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies!” he sang back to her, receiving a very loud groan from the other.

As Jack mixed the ingredients with a handheld mixer, Callie walked in. Jack turned around, removing the mixer in the process. Brownie mix splattered everywhere; counters, cabinets, Jack, Callie, the floor, the stove, walls…

Jack quickly turned off the mixer while howling with laughter as Callie wiped brownie mix off her face. “You tool,” she laughed throwing some of the gooey chocolate at him.

Jack grinned and stuck out his tongue at her before turning back to what was left and pouting at the decreased amount.

Callie sidled up next to him and chuckled before helping him finish mixing and pouring into the pan.

“Babe you’re a mess,” Callie giggled after they stuck the pan into the oven. “Come’re,” she gestured holding out a towel.

Jack laughed and let her wipe his face clean before taking the towel and doing the same to hers. “You too love,” he chuckled wondering how something so simple could turn into the end of an episode of Figure it Out.

Once the brownies cooled, they cut out shapes using holiday cookie cutters and placed them on a plate. They returned to their previous positions on the couch and turned the movie back on.

“I want a pet tiger, yes I do,” Callie announced a little later on into the movie.

Jack laughed quietly before an idea popped into his head to buy Callie a pet kitten and naming him “Rajah” the next time he was out. He kissed the top of her forehead and soon after, before the movie ended, they fell asleep on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rajah