Moment

Mistake

May 3, 2008

“Jack, you’re home!” Callie screamed running in through the door and jumping on his lap. She kissed him all over his face and hugged him tightly to her.

“Hey,” Jack hugged her back and smiled half heartedly when she released before looking down and rubbing circles on her hand.

“Hey, what’s the matter you?” Callie asked poking him in the stomach.

Jack didn’t speak for a minute but stared at her somberly.

“What’s the matter babe?” she asked cupping his face.

He took a deep breath before rubbing the back of his neck nervously. “I have to tell you something bad,” he whispered.

Callie nodded and waited patiently a look of worry overtaking her features.

“I-I ch-cheated on you,” he spoke almost inaudibly, flinching.

Callie sat shocked and opened and closed her mouth several times before swallowing difficultly. “How many times?” she asked in the same hushed tone.

“Just once,” he whispered.

He watched as she stood, staring everywhere but at him. Her eyes looked red and she slowly turned her face back to him after a few minutes of silence. She nodded her head and ran a hand down her face. She looked back at him before her palm collided with his face.

Jack’s hand immediately flew up to his stinging cheek.

“I…mean I know it’s hard, but…”she faltered. “Why?”

Jack dropped his hand and stood slowly. “I, party, she, I,” Jack stuttered. He took a deep breath before answering, “I was really drunk. We were fighting so much. I wasn’t thinking.”

Callie let out a frustrated cry. “You’re never thinking, ever! I mean I know it’s hard with us being apart so much, but I thought with me coming on tour every chance I can it made things easier!”

Jack just stood there quietly, letting her yell at him. He knew he deserved it. He deserved more than she would throw at him.

Jack had messed up many times in his life, but this, this was the biggest mistake he had ever made. He loved Callie more than anything else, and to hurt her, to give himself, even in a drunken one night stand to another, insignificant girl was unfathomable to the guitarist. He felt like shit, times infinity plus a thousand and one and more.

“God Jack, I can’t,” she took a deep breath. “You knew,” she reminded him pitifully. “I need to go, I can’t, I can’t be here right now,” she faltered before quickly leaving the apartment, slamming the door on her way out.

Jack slammed his fist onto the table in front of him before laying his head in his hands. “Fuck, fuck, fuck,” he muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I've been soooooo busy. I move in to college next Friday and there's so much shit to do it's crazy. I want to have finished this by next Friday and I wanted HWYT to be done by then too, but I don't know that that is going to happen...But yeah.