Moment

Apologize

May 4, 2008

Jack was pacing around the room, occasionally running his fingers furiously through his hair. “God Alex how the hell am I going to apologize for this? What do I do?” he pleaded to his best friend who was watching Jack concerned.

“Just apologize, dude. Tell her how much she means to you and—“

Both guys head’s snapped to the sound of the slammed door and watched as a fuming Connor rushed into the room glaring daggers at the lanky guitarist.

Jack’s eyes went as wide as the dinner plates and flinched as Connor raised his finger at Jack. Jack hadn’t forgotten when he first met Connor.

But I gotta warn you, if you hurt her, you'll be answering to me.

Jack swallowed difficultly as Connor opened his mouth, “Go, right now before I change my mind about ripping your balls off.”

Jack looked at him confused. “What? Go where?”

“Go apologize to her right now, tell her you love her and you’re the biggest fucking idiot in the world. Fix it right now,” Connor ordered through gritted teeth.

Jack raised an eyebrow at Connor’s semi-calm behavior before replying, “Where is she?”

“In the car. Go now.”

Jack nodded his head before scurrying out of the room. He heard Alex ask, “Why didn’t you kill him?” and Connor reply with a sigh, “Because they’re too good for each other.”

Jack smiled slightly before closing the front door of the apartment and rushing down the stairs and out to the white Jeep with the familiar brunette. He slowed down and walked cautiously towards it and noticed Callie nervously chewing at her fingernails.

He hesitated before knocking on the window then sliding into the driver’s seat.

The silence that filled the car was deafening. Jack could hear his ears ringing. His heart was pounding so fast and loudly he was sure Callie could hear it. He could hear her uneven breathing and noticed her hands fidgeting in her lap from the corner of his eye.

“Callie,” he finally breathed after what seemed an eternity of roaring silence.

He took a deep breath a quick glance at her before continuing, “I’m sorry, I’m so fucking sorry. I don’t know how to make this up to you or what I should say or do. I love you so much that it’s killing me to even think about how upset you are. I love you so much, God I love you Callie. You’re everything to me, and I fucked up big time. I made the biggest mistake of my life and if I could take it back, I would in a heartbeat. And you’re right, I knew and I fucking hate myself for putting you through it again. I’m so fucking sorry Callie, I’m sorry. It was a moment of weakness. I’m never going to do it again, I promise, I promise you everything I won’t ever again. I’m sorry Callie,” Jack looked at her desperately.

“Jack,” Callie whispered.

Jack stopped and stared. Fresh tears were streaming down her face and she quickly rubbed them away before tucking a stray hair behind her ear and said in the same quiet voice, “I don’t know if that makes it okay.”

Jack stared at her pitifully.

“I-I need so-some time to thi-think,” she stuttered. “But I don’t know if I can do this,” she choked out.

Jack turned his head away from her and blinked rapidly trying to keep any tears that were threatening to spill from doing so. “I’m so sorry Callie,” Jack whispered.

Callie nodded her head stiffly before wiping the tears on her face off with her sleeve that she was clutching.

Silence filled the air once more. Jack was sure his heart was going to explode with how fast and hard it was pounding through every inch of his body. He was breathing so unevenly he thought he might have a panic attack. His eyes were burning and focused on a random place on the wall of the apartment building.

“I’m going to make this up to you,” he whispered reaching out and kissing her forehead gently. “I promise,” he said cupping her face and looking her in the eyes.

Callie nodded and then pulled away, signaling for Jack to leave.

He climbed out of the car half heartedly and stuffed his hands in his pockets before walking slowly back up to the apartment.

“So?” Connor and Alex asked as the guitarist entered.

Jack looked up and saw their crestfallen features as he tried his best to keep the lump forming in the back of his throat from forming into anything else. He shrugged and quietly answered, “I don’t know what else to do to make it up to her.”

The guys sat there thinking for a few minutes before Connor stood up and walked over to Jack. “I’ll talk to her again; she’ll be back here tomorrow. Not that I don’t love having her stay at my apartment, but…,” he trailed off.

He waved and left leaving Alex and Jack to stare at each other with tired eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hateeeeeeeeeeee writing apology scenes, they're so fucking hard to write, and they never come out good. But I tried and obviously there is more to this.

Also I want to address something that I've notied popping up a lot lately--stories about Alex's brother. Basically I think it's disrespectful to address the subject in a story, especially if you center your story around it. Obviously I can't tell you what to write, but I know a lot of people agree that it's not needed to be on here even if it is fiction, and that I know, I personally, am not going to read it. Just putting that out there.

On a lighter note I turn 18 in 20 days (: