Guardian

Ch: 10

Life went back to normal somewhat. Solomon and I our working with our relationship as friends. And I'm healing whatever scars were formed during my trip to the underworld. All in all my life is getting back to normal.

Still that didn't stop the awkwardness around Solomon. Which I wasn't really expecting. I leaned against my locker and rubbed my arm and looked at him. He fixed his glasses.

"So, how's your mom doing?" I asked.

"She's okay, just a little shaken up by all this that happen. She's kind of like your dad not really in it but is by association." he said.

"Right and what about the whole eight level thing?" I asked him.

"I don't know, it's a little weird since the portals are blocked I don't know what's going on." he said.

I nodded some students passed by us. The bell rung.

"So, I'll see you after class right?" I asked him.

"I'll be standing at the door." he said.

I nodded.

"Okay see you later." I said.

"Yeah." he said and walked away.

I took a deep breath and let it out. It's hard to talk to him. I don't know why maybe because I have feelings for him but after all this craziness I really didn't want to start a more-than-friends relationship.

I turned and walked to the opposite direction when I heard Solomon cry out. I turned around and ran to his aid. I found a kid standing in front of the boys room door and I heard Solomon's cry and the splash of water.

"Let me in." I said to the new bully standing at the door.

I didn't even know his name.

"You're not getting in here." the student said to me.

I charged him but he pushed me into the locker. I slammed into it. He was much stronger than the average student. I pried myself out of the locker and looked at him. His eyes were firey and his gaze seemed cold.

"You're not from around here are you?" I asked taking out my cell phone.

I saw that some of the teachers were checking out the commotion and students were beginning to look out. I placed my phone back into my pocket.

"We're going to kill that halfling there is no way we're going to be ruled by a human bore dragon." The kid hissed.

"Let's just talk this out there are humans around here." I said under my breath.

"What is going on?" One of the teachers asked stepping forward.

The kid inhaled and then blew fire. I stood in front of the teacher with my sword blocking the attack by spinning my sword really fast. The teacher fell back and scuttled away.

"Cool!" one kid yelled.

I stopped spinning my sword and with one attack. I slashed the kid's chest and he became dust in front of everyone.

"What the hell!" A senior yelled they pushed through each other even though teachers were holding them back. I ran into the bathroom and nearly fell into a crevis with fire. I held onto the edge of the floor and pulled myself in.

"Solomon!" I yelled. I walked on the side of the wall to be careful not to fall into the hole when I saw Solomon laying on the side of the toilet blood dripping from his lips. The ground closed up and I ran to his aid.

"Solomon, are you okay?" I asked him.

He coughed.

"I fought them off, with my hammer." he gasped.

"Come on." I said helping him up.

Sonny pushed through the crowd.

"Hey get back here!" One of the history teachers yelled.

"Sammy are you guys okay?" she asked.

"Help me with Solomon." I said.

Sonny ran in and grabbed his other arm pulling him out of the bathroom. The school nurse had come in to help Solomon he laid on the floor we just had to wait for the ambulence and the police.

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked him holding his cheek.

He nodded.

I looked up at my classmates and then back at Solomon.