Blush

Fear Of Rejecting

AMBER’S POV.

That was… awkward. I don’t need a guy in my life right now. Hopefully he’ll see that I only want to be friends. I went to the bathroom and when I got back to the table it wasn’t any less awkward. Apparently, my mom and sisters could see the whole thing, and all they wanted to do was ask me about it.

“O.M.G!!!! He was so hot!” Alyssa practically squealed. I rolled my eyes.

“Then maybe you can pretend to be me and go out with him! I don’t need a boy in my life right now. We just moved here!”

“So? Maybe it will be good to have a boyfriend,” my mom said. But I couldn’t go through heartbreak after seeing my mother broken like that. Never.

We finished up our pizza and paid for our food. I was so tired, I couldn’t wait to get home and get to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though Alyssa and I had to share a bed, I got a really good night’s sleep last night. I guess my mom was using all of my dad’s money on furniture, ‘cause it was top notch stuff.

I walked downstairs to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking in our new kitchen. I guess my mom had gone grocery shopping last night. She was so jetlag. Thankfully, I can go to sleep at any given moment, so I didn’t wait too long last night before I was engulfed in sleep.

The clock on the stove read 10:17. At least I woke up at a reasonable time! We all sat down at the table and served ourselves breakfast. I loved our family meals. WE always had the bet conversations and usually sat at the table for over an hour after the meal just talking. It’s nice to know that this tradition stayed, and we’re still a family even if we’re missing a member.

After we finished cleaning up I went upstairs to get ready for the day and dressed in my bathing suit. We decided we were going to have a girl’s day outside at the pool.

At about 11.30 I went inside to make us some lunch to eat outside. I was about halfway through making the first sandwhich when I heard my ringtone blaring through the empty house. I quickly ran upstairs to answer the call; I was eager to get back outside.

“Hello?” I asked, not recognizing the number.

“Amber?” the person on the other line asked.
“Yes?”

“Hey, it’s Joe. The guy from the restaurant.” Of course! The guy that asked for my number. Who else would it be?

“Oh, hi. What’s up?” I said hoping that he wasn’t calling me to ask me out.

“Um, well actually,” Oh no. “I was sort of wondering if you wanted to go out to lunch today,” he asked, his voice hopeful. I was horrible at rejecting people. Why did he have to be so nice? Why couldn’t he be rude to me so I could reject him without feeling bad?

“Um, sure.” I bit my lip instantly regretting it.

“Great! I’ll pick you up at 12.30! What’s your address?” I could tell he was smiling through the phone. Shit.

“1412 Oak Ridge Drive,” I said into the phone hoping he wouldn’t be able to find it.

“Oh perfect! You live really close to me! I’ll see you soon!”

“Bye,” I said before hanging up my phone. “UGH!” I screamed as I collapsed onto my bed. It was 11.41. I was being picked up in 49 minutes. Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so short, but my computer has really low battery so i have to find my charger and I wanted to get this up before i tried to find it (it's gonna take a while. hahah). so maybe something later tonight if not something tomorroww. comments? hate mail? bring it on. :)