Soundtrack To This Love

How Was I Supposed To Know?


LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE READING

Waking up in the morning was the same torture it was since Kindergarten; the time I found out I had to keep doing this for 12 more years of my life. I was 5 then, and didn’t quite understand how lengthy 12 years was, and how that would disturb my life. But now laying here in my bed, face down on my pillow, the annoying alarm going off, I was such a stupid little kid to think this could be a fun experience.

With what strength I don’t know, but I managed to pull myself to my feet and yawn tiredly, I couldn’t be happier this was my last year, I was officially a senior, the unfortunate part was, it was dragging slower than ever before. I was tired and cranky, I hated mornings more than anything in the world, I was more of a stargazer, I enjoyed late nights gazing up at the moon and shining stars. Waking up in the morning made me want to hide under the covers or scream into a pillow.

I walked over to the window pulling open my blinds to see my best friend and neighbor standing at his window. Alex Gaskarth, has been my best friend since 1st grade, we became friends when he beat up anyone who would tease me or pull at my blonde hair. I had the biggest crush on him until the end of sophomore year, when I guessed he had nothing for me. I waved while he gave me a thumbs up opening the window. I opened mine and smiled.

“Morning Miss. Taylors” Alex stuck out his tongue making me laugh.

“Morning Mr. Gaskarth, I’m surprised you managed to pull your lazy ass out of bed” I snickered, making him roll his eyes. He took off his shirt walking to his closet and grabbing two shirts.

“So what do you think? Blink 182? Or New Found Glory shirt?” He questioned holding up both shirts. I smirked and pointed to Blink 182.

“Blink 182 duh” I smiled, he shrugged and slipped on that shirt. He then walked away from his window and opening his bathroom door, he returned five minutes later wearing a pair of black skinny jeans.

“Good?” He questioned.

“Works” I smiled walking over to my closet and grabbing a tank top and a pair of jeans.

“How’s this?” I questioned holding it up, he nodded and smiled.

“That’s good”

“Ok, don’t look Mr.” I laughed walking away from the window to get dressed. I put on some really quick makeup, brushed my hair, and brushed my teeth. I then walked back to the window to see Alex nod.

“Alright, I’ll meet you outside, hurry up” I smiled closing my window and jogging down the stairs quickly slipping on my converse and grabbing my backpack.

“Eat breakfast Aly” My mom stated from the kitchen, I groaned and ran over grabbing a granola bar I probably wasn’t going to eat, from the pantry and running out of the house.

“Bye mom” I yelled shutting the door to come face to face with a laughing Alex. I jumped back smacking my back on the door which made him laugh harder.

“Boo! Did I scare you?” He questioned poking my side, I shook my head no and laughed.

“It takes a lot more than a boy wearing jeans tighter then mine to scare me” I smirked walking to his car. Alex stopped at the drives door and leaned on the frame glaring at me.

“I could just leave your ass stranded, unable to go to school” He stated a smile tugging at his lips.

“Hello? That’d be a free day, I’d thank you in the long run!” I leaned on the doorframe smirking. Alex frowned rolling his eyes and opening the car lock.

“Thank you!” I smiled tugging at the handle making the door open up while I slid in putting on my seatbelt.

“You seem rather excited, why?” He questioned, putting on his seatbelt and turning on the car along with the radio.

“Scott Bankers” I sighed feeling a light blush come to my cheeks. Scott Bankers was the ultimate popular guy at our school, great hair, perfect eyes, along with a muscular body, he was the football captain and quarterback.

“Ugh you still like that tool?” Alex questioned bitterly. I came out of my trance to glare at him.

“He is not a tool, he’s such a sweet guy” I sighed once again making him laugh.

“Yea I bet that’s what you heard, I heard he wants to hit every girl at our school” I starred at him confusedly.

“As in punch?” I raised my eyebrows and Alex broke out in hysterical laughter almost killing over on the steering wheel.

“Awe, my poor little Aly, too innocent to understand boy talk, not hit as in punch, as in hit” Alex wiggled his eyebrows and I widened my eyes.

“All guys are pigs” I frowned rubbing my forehead, the comment finally clicking and settling in.

“Hey I heard it in the locker room; it’s some goal of his or something. How can you like a guy like that?” Alex looked away from the road to frown at me.

“Jeez guys are worse then girls, I didn’t know you gossiped” I laughed making Alex glare at me.

“Anyways, Rachel Adams for instance, she’s hot, and she’s cheer captain which means great body, but she’s a bitch, and that’s pretty much saying I would never date her” I crossed my arms to stare at Alex with disbelieving eyes.

“Sure, so you’re telling me if Rachel Adams walked up to you and grabbed you by the collar of your shirt like this” I grabbed the collar of his shirt in the palm of my hand and leaned into his ear.

“And whispered, date me Alex, I’ve wanted you ever since I saw you, I’m all yours” I whispered seductively, pulling away still holding onto his shirt.

“You wouldn’t date her?” I asked normally, Alex was a beat red and clenching onto the steering wheel his knuckled turning white.

“Please don’t do that, I’m driving, and you’re distracting me” Alex muttered not removing his eyes from the road. I huffed sliding down in my seat and releasing his shirt.

“Scott Bankers, is my dream guy” I smiled just thinking about his perfect face, Alex turned to glare angrily at me.

“The guy gets man handled every day, constantly tackled by guys to the floor, and you think that’s attractive?” Alex raised his eyebrows laughing.

“Not that part moron. What about your little precious Rachel? The girl should pretty much just write slut on her forehead with a sharpie” I hissed, Alex clenched his jaw and tapped his fingers harshly on the steering wheel.

“I said she was hot, and I told you I would never date her” He growled, I laughed and crossed my arms biting my bottom lip.

“Sure” I stated shaking my head looking out the window. When I glanced back the lights were red and Alex was no where close to slowing down.

“Slow down Alex” I stated, he kept his foot on the gas.

“Alex! Slow down!” I screamed, he hit the break and I was jolted quickly and stopped by the seatbelt thrusting me back into the seat.

“Jesus Christ! I’d like to make it to graduation, I didn’t waist thirteen years of my life to have it end now because you got a little moody” I rubbed my chest where the seatbelt had literally crushed me.

“I’m so sorry are you ok?” He turned to look at me with concern in his eyes.

“I wasn’t looking! I didn’t do that on purpose” He frowned still starring.

“Are you hurt?” He let go of the steering wheel coming close to me.

“I’m alright Alex, not a problem” I forced a smile, Alex had been acting so strange since the summer of sophomore year. Dozing off, day dreaming, blushing all the time, I didn’t even know what was going on with my best friend.

“Alright” He sighed looking at the light which turned green. He hit the gas and we pulled off slowly this time, and turned into the school parking lot. Lots of kids were sitting on the hoods of their cars, talking and laughing, the rest of them were at the front of school, or heading to class.

And out of all the people and the crowds, only one person stood out from all of them. Scott Bankers sitting on the brick wall talking to no one else but his girlfriend Rachel Adams.

“Oh what do you know, there’s your dream guy, talking to my slut” Alex starred at me a smirk rising on his lips; I looked at him sticking out my tongue.

“Screw you” I frowned causing him to laugh and shrug.

“Hey I’m just saying what you said” He grinned pulling into his parking space.

“Ok so I’ll see you second period?” I smiled opening the car door.

“As always” He smiled a big grin making me laugh. I closed the car door and walked toward the front of the school getting weird stares. I stopped in my tracks and glanced around awkwardly, that was until Rachel Adams walked up to me and stopped a foot away from my face.

“Hello Aly, good to see you” She forced a smile giving me shivers, this girl was just evil in all ways, there was nothing nice about her.

“Rachel, not so good seeing you” I smiled; she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as gasps erupted from the crowd that had circled around us.

“Look I’m not here to have small chat” She spat making me glare at her, what the hell was she starting anyways? And who did she think she was, she may be cheer captain, and the most popular girl to ever attend this high school, but she is definitely not on top of the world.

“I’m not here to talk at all, so I’d appreciate it if you would move” I smiled using my arm to push her aside. The crowd had now become an audience, to witness the lioness encircling a small gazelle. Guess who played each role? Every one gasped with their eyes wide open as if it were some huge mistake to do that to Rachel. I turned around and I could have sworn her head did a 360 rotation before glaring at me.

“Stop giving my boyfriend stupid little eyes, you damn slut!” She screamed at the top of her lungs. I stood there with my hand on my waist; I can’t believe I might actually be late to class because of the stupid little dispute.

“Bye Rachel” I rolled my eyes walking away.

“No one walks away from Rachel Adams” She growled angrily, I smirked and turned around.

“Guess there’s a first time for everything, but I bet you know exactly what that means” I laughed walking off.

Everyone in the crowd ohoed and gasped still shocked from what was going on.

“You’re going to pay for this” She yelled, that’s the last thing I heard before entering the school. Everyone kept starring at me, and I didn’t know why, until I heard the last voice I expected to hear.

“You know my girlfriend says, your the reason we might be breaking up” The male voice said, I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to come face to face with Scott Bankers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys! New story!!!!!! please rate and comment, feedback is always nice. If you like my stories enough spread the word :D Tell me what you think!