The Static Age

Working your insanity.

Clear blue sky and blinding sunlight; that's what you would have found if you were on the other side of the barrier. The barrier that keeps the sane from the insane. I'm not the one who's crazy - it's the rest of the world that's gone mad.

The heat was unbearable; the hospital ventilation system had shut down the other day, making it twice as warm as it should be. As if it wasn't torture enough to be in that place to begin with! We were all in the risk of dying from a heat stroke!

I sighed at the sound of my name being called out. Medication time. I put the pad and the pencil down on the table with a loud thud to indicate my reluctance. I didn't even know the names of the preparations I was given. To be honest, I didn't really care either.

What's the point of staying sane in a world that's not? That's why I finally gave in and let them do that to me; let them feed me chemicals to make me blind, just like the rest of the world.

Drugs taken, I swallowed them with a glass of water. They could see the sweat on my forehead and ordered me to drink some more water before I went back to sit in the old, worn out couch. I grabbed a hold of the pencil and went back to scribble on the striped sheet.

Religion is meant to bring people hope and give life a meaning. Instead it causes war and destruction. It divides people into different groups, instead of keeping them together. People advertising their belief, claiming that their God is the only one that's true.

There's only room for one God on this Earth and therefore there are wars all over the place. Tearing families apart, shorten lives, triggering the cravings for revenge, causing hate and arrogance. It's a never ending circle of war and misery. Because no one can ever forgive and forget or swallow their pride and admit that they might be wrong.

If there is a God, why create a world of selfish creatures fighting over something they can't affect?

There was a song playing on the radio earlier that day. They were singing about the static age. It made me smile because it proved that I wasn't the only sane person left in this world.

I placed the note pad on the table. Someone picked it up and read the words, that were surrounded by scribbled pictures of dying people, broken hearts and handgrenades.

"Welcome to the static age where nothing ever change,
where every day is like yesterday and reality out of range."


I just wanted to live in the reality, but the reality turned into insanity. So now the so called reality thinks that I am insane...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are highly appreciated! Please let me know what you think!
Thanks a lot for reading! <3