Shed.

Meet and Greet.

“Jack, you dumbass, get back in here with my cereal!” I yelled before dropping the four bags I’d just carried in onto the floor and chasing after him.

“Catch me if you can!” He yelled and I rolled my eyes at his immaturity. I ran up the stairs only hitting every other one before tackling him at the top. I yelled in victory and he groaned in defeat, but I guess it wasn’t over yet.

Marie stepped out of her room before half running and half walking over to where the two of us were lying on the ground before plucking the cereal right out of my hands. “I win!” She yelled before skipping over us and then proceeding to go down the stairs.

“No you don’t!” I yelled before lunging for her legs, she jumped and I envied how graceful she was as she landed on the step and kept going down. I fought to my feet and before I knew it Jack had grabbed my leg and we both tumbled down the stairs. I screamed in surprise. I could hear Marie laughing from somewhere nearby and as the both of us came to a stop on the bottom step I could hear Jack groaning from on top of me.

Keeping my eyes closed I reached around for his head. “You are dead, mister.” I mumbled before smacking him. “Get offa me.” I grumbled before pushing at him.

When my time comes, forget the wrong that I’ve done, help me leave behind some reasons to be missed… and don’t resent me and when you’re feeling empty…” I pulled the phone that had miraculously stayed in my pocket out and pressed it to my ear.

“Yes?” I mumbled. I was starting to loose my breath because Jack was too heavy to just lie on top of me. Not to mention the fact that I was extremely uncomfortable with one leg twisted around a hole in the banister one arm draped over a few stairs and the other on the cold wood floor and half my body with it.

“Forget to call me back?” Tom asked sounding slightly annoyed.

“It’s not my fault they all attacked me.” I mumbled before pushing Jack again. “Get your fat ass off of me.” I grunted as I pushed him a little harder.

“Fine, fine.” Jack said before standing up. “But you have to admit… you loved it.” He said and I could feel his breath on my face. I blindly swung my fist at him and wasn’t entirely surprised when I actually hit him. “Maybe not.” He said and it sounded like he was holding his nose.

“Do I need to beat someone up again?” Tom asked suddenly.

“No… I got it. It’s Jack.” I mumbled as I sat up and put a hand to my head. I could hear someone laughing and it definitely wasn’t Marie and it wouldn’t make sense to be Jack. Then there was the small sound of someone hitting another person. I opened my eyes a crack.

Standing in the open doorway next to Marie were two guys. One I remembered as the guy in the parking lot and the other was a few inches taller than him. The taller ones hair was also longer and curlier and also a bit darker. His eyes seemed to be a more brownish green than the other mans. The taller one took a step forward.

“I take it your Tom’s little sister.” He said kindly with a small smile. I only nodded before standing up.

“I take it you sent them over, Tom.” I muttered into the phone. “Thanks for the warning.”

“No problem Rainy!” He said happily and using the nick name I was given forever ago. I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone.

“My name’s Raine.” I said holding out my hand.

Smiling he shook my hand. “Sam.”

“And I’m Dean.” The shorter one said. He only waved slightly. Dean made his way into the Living Room where he made himself comfortable on the couch. I glared after him slightly before motioning that Sam could do the same.

“I just need to get the rest of the groceries and put them away.” I mumbled before walking past Sam and out to the car again. I grabbed the last two bags and closed the car door before walking back into the kitchen. I started to put things away with Jack’s help. Marie was ‘entertaining’ our guests.

What did Tom want me to do with them anyway? They were his friends.

I watched carefully as Jack went to put the cereal into a cupboard and not knowing that I was watching set it on the counter instead. We finished putting everything away with me secretly watching the box of Frosted Flakes.

“I have to go to the bathroom.” Jack mumbled before taking off for the stairs, but not before quickly grabbing the box of cereal.

“Oh no you don’t you cereal fiend!” I yelled before chasing after him.

“It’s mine all mine!” He yelled before laughing one of his signature maniacal laughs. I groaned before deciding that I’d just have to sneak into his room later to find it. There was no chance in Hell that I’d let him get away with that again.

I stepped back into the Entry before shaking my head and walking slowly towards the Living Room.

“What did Jack do?” Marie asked from the recliner she’d claimed.

“He stole my cereal. Again.” I mumbled before sitting in the same chair as her. She pushed me out and I settled for where I’d landed on the floor. “Thanks.”

“Cheer up! It’s noon already.” Marie said. She was the only person out of all three of us who could actually stand to be optimistic one hundred percent of the time. Jack came in second place for that one. “Plus, it’s not just us… we have Tom’s friends.”

“Oh goodie.” I said before looking up to the two sitting on the couch giving us odd looks. “How do you know Tom anyway? I mean, I don’t believe Tom can have normal friends.” I said laughing slightly.

“Uh, we’re in… business with your brother.” Sam said. He looked less relaxed than Dean who was basically just lounging in a stranger’s Living Room. I realized Sam must be the more rational one.

“Don’t tell me he got into drugs.” I said laughing though I knew exactly what they meant. I didn’t know if they knew or not. I felt Marie stiffen behind me. We all knew what my brother did for a living, we didn’t have a choice. One time Tom had come to visit us and ended up bringing a demon along. Not the best get together in the world, but we’re all alive.

Dean laughed humorlessly. Did they already know that I knew? “Uh, no.”

“Well, that’s good.” I said. I didn’t know if they meant that they were hunters too, or if Tom had actually gotten a job or something. I scratched my elbow. It was something I did when things got awkward. It was like biting my lip when I was nervous. Sam looked slightly confused.

“What do you want from us?” Marie asked quietly. She was always the first to break in almost any situation.

Dean’s eyes widened a bit, but he only looked slightly curious. “Tom told us that he had a feeling that something was going on down here. Told us to meet him here.”

“Wonderful.” I muttered. I remembered the odd person in the frozen food isle from earlier. I nodded to myself before looking up at the two.

“Have you noticed anything strange?” Sam asked softly. I felt Marie shake her head of course she hasn’t she hasn’t been out of the house for a while.

“First of all did my brother tell you what he might think it is?” I asked cautiously. They both shook their heads.

“Have you noticed something, Raine?” Sam asked curiously. I nodded my head a bit.

“I, uh… ran into a dude with a shopping cart. He just walked away and didn’t say a word. He looked distracted. I didn’t get too good of a look at him though.” I admitted. I looked down at my hands which were lying in my lap.

“What’s so odd about that?” Dean asked.

“Well, we’re in a small town and usually when somebody runs into you with a cart they react. When I said sorry he just acted like I wasn’t there.” I mumbled I was beginning to feel foolish now. I mean, I did say he’d looked distracted.

“She’s right, it is odd.” Jack said as he came back into the room and sat himself down in the other recliner. “Usually people around here either make it into a joke or chew you out. Usually it’s the old people who chew you out though.” Jack mumbled.

“You still owe me.” I mumbled glaring at Jack for a second before returning my gaze to my hands.