Shed.

Say Good-bye.

“What’s going on down here?” Asked a sleepy Jack. When he had turned the corner all the way he saw me on top of someone who looked like my brother, but instead was holding a knife to my face and Dean and Sam standing only five feet away from us. Sam looking like he was thinking hard and Dean looking slightly confused. All four heads turned to look at him as he stepped in.

Jack rubbed sleep out of his eyes and when the scene didn’t change he gave me a confused look. When he turned to the other two I made sure that Tom kept looking at him.

“Uhh… what did I miss?” Jack asked. I heard a rustle of clothes before turning to see Dean flinging a gun at Jack and pulling one out for himself. He gave me a look that clearly said ‘duck’.

“Shoot him.” Dean yelled to Jack and Sam looked completely horrified. I ducked, but not before the Tom imposter got a few cuts at me. I stayed on the ground in an awkward ball with my arms over my head until the shooting of the guns had stopped completely. Only then did I peak from under my arms. Sam was next to me on his knees.

“Raine? Are you okay?” He asked quietly. I nodded slightly before trying to sit up.

“Is he dead?” I asked in a raspy voice that didn’t sound like my own. Sam only nodded before picking me up and setting my in one of the recliners. To my horror it happened to be my brother’s favorite. Oh well.

The shape shifter had nicked the top of my right shoulder as he’d tried to get the blade back around my throat and then decided to go lower and aim for my heart or something. He’d given me two scare worthy cuts on my chest. One on the far left the hit the inside of my upper arm a bit and then on going down off to the right from the middle of my chest. I wasn’t bleeding too badly as far as I could tell though.

He should have known not to use my kitchen knives. When people are clumsy they tend to keep the knives duller.

I heard foot steps stumbling down the stairs only moments before Marie had stuck her head into the Living Room. “What the Hell?” She mumbled before stopping in the doorway. She slowly took in the scene before her before she ran over to me and hugged onto me as tightly as I think was possible for such a small person.

“Ouch.” I mumbled trying to push her away. “Get off of me.” I said before laughing a bit.

“Are you okay?” She asked with her eyes wide after she’d pulled away.

“I’m fine.” I said loud enough for everyone to hear. “Now someone help me to my room. I’m tired.” I mumbled.

***

It was morning and I wouldn’t be awake had it not been for the incessant ringing of my phone. I had decided five minutes ago that I’d change my ringtone as soon as I’d answer it. The problem was it was across the room and I didn’t want to move from the comfortable little spot I’d made for myself in my bed. It was so warm and…

“Answer your damn phone!” I heard Jack yell through the door after pounding on it a few times. I chuckled to myself.

“Screw you!” I yelled back before snuggling my head back into my pillow and trying to drift back off into sleep. The door opened with a bang and suddenly the vibrating singing cell phone was right next to my head. I screamed in pain as it became an instant head ache.

“Answer it, damn it!” Jack yelled at me and then slammed the door behind himself. Someone was moody.

“What the Hell, Jack?!” Marie yelled from the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes and flipped the phone open as I held my head.

“This better be good.” I mumbled instead of the usual ‘hello’.

“I’m sensing that I woke you up?” The familiar voice of my brother said quietly through the phone. I froze. “Hey, listen, I’m sorry for basically hanging up on you yesterday.” He said like he could tell I was struggling to talk back at him. Too bad he had it all wrong. I told myself to loosen up. “Rainy? You still there?” He asked quietly almost scared for an answer.

There was a knock on my door and whoever it was let themselves in and walked over to the edge of my bed. “Is it Tom?”

I sighed when I found it was only Sam. I nodded slightly and saw his hand wrap around the phone and pull it from my ear.

“Calm down.” Sam said quietly into the phone. “Well, we found out what was wrong last night.” Another long pause I could almost hear my brother yelling from the other end. “It was a shape shifter.” The room was quiet for a while. A long time passed before Sam spoke again and it was only “Yeah.” I waited a second or two before Sam pressed the phone back to my ear.

“I’m sorry Raine.” Tom murmured to me. I smiled slightly.

“I’m fine. It’s fine.” I said trying to get my voice above a whisper.

“It’s me I swear it.” He said quietly yet he sounded determined. I wanted to tell him that I knew it was really him that I didn’t doubt it in the least right now, even though something told me I should. He didn’t give me the chance to say anything though. “Your birthday is the twenty-ninth of October and you got a ’77 Camaro for your eighteenth birthday. I call you Rainy even though you hate it, I think you once said something about it sounding depressing. Your favorite color is light blue and you can’t stand the fact that mine is lilac. Is that convincing enough.”

I laughed a little. “Yeah, I’m convinced.” I mumbled and propped myself up against my headboard. Sam smiled before leaving my room. “Thank God you’d sent those two. I’d be dead.” I mumbled.

It was quiet for a while. “Did it hurt you?” Tom asked as if he might be afraid of the answer.

“I’m fine.” I said before deciding specifics would be better. “Three cuts, they aren’t even that deep.”

“And that’s it?” He asked carefully.

I nodded before remembering that he couldn’t see me through the phone. “Yep. That’s it.”

We talked for a few more minutes before he told me to go get some food. That him and Amy would be coming to visit soon. So after hanging up I shoved my phone into the pocket of the sweats I’d been wearing all night and stood up from my bed.

Downstairs Jack was sitting in the Living Room eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes and in the Kitchen Marie was making eggs. Sam and Dean sat quietly at the table and I almost laughed at how tired Dean looked. As if he hadn’t gotten any sleep at all. Sam waved at me before I made a beeline for Marie.

“Boo!” I yelled in her ear and a latched my arms around her ignoring the way it made me chest feel all tight and weird. She screamed and jumped and flung eggs around the kitchen before yelling at me and chewing me out.

“Why aren’t you in bed anyway?” She asked as she glared at me. I pulled out the chair farthest from her at the table. Dean looked wide awake now. I smiled.

“The big brother told me to get my butt down here to eat.” I looked around at the egg on the counters. “But seeing as you’d rather fling the eggs the feed me I’ll just take a bowl of cereal.” I muttered before standing up again and ignoring the slight pain in my chest it gave me.

“Yeah, yeah whatever.” Marie mumbled before scrambling her ruined eggs. “I wasn’t going to feed you anyway.”

“Good.” I said rather loudly before pouring a small bowl of Lucky Charms and then added some milk before tearing at it with my spoon. “This is good.” I smiled happily. I missed my cereal yesterday. By the time I was done Jack had come back into the kitchen to set his bowl in the sink.

I walked up next to him to do the same. I was about to murmur something about it being his turn to do the dishes, but I was interrupted by Dean announcing that the two of them should be leaving now. I walked with them to the door.

“Give me your phone.” I mumbled to Sam. He gave me an odd look before complying. I entered my number into his many contacts before saying, “Just give me a little warning next time Tom sends you our way.” I looked over at Dean who was giving us funny looks. “You can steal it from him later.” I muttered. They both smiled and waved before Dean got into the drivers seat of what I now recognized as a ’67 Impala and Sam got into the passenger’s.

I had a feeling I wouldn’t be seeing them for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!
I've never been so good at endings... eh...
Tell me what you thought!