How It Hurts in the Worst Way

003

"Jesse." She didn't sound nearly as surprised as I was. She was dead...

right?

"What are you doing here?" I felt dumb for asking such a dumb question. But honestly, I was shocked I managed to get that many words out.

"Nothing...?" She thought it was dumb too. I felt the tears start to come again and she stood up. I quickly ran to her and she wrapped her arms around me tighter than ever before. She was crying again too.

"Your Mom...she told me you were d-dead." I choked out. I felt her shake her head. "It was a lie. I can't believe them." I pulled away from her and looked at her with questioning eyes.

"The last night you saw me, I went home and my parents and I got into another fight. They told me never to speak to you again and I told them it was never going to happen because I loved you. They were furious and decided to send me away from here. I was on the next flight to Arizona and I moved in with my aunt." She pulled me back into a hug and I held just held her. I felt her knees start to get weak and I slowly pulled us onto the ground. "Jesse, I missed you so much."

"But why are you here? When did you come back?"

"They couldn't keep me anymore, I'm 18 now. My flight landed a few hours ago and I went to your house but it was empty..I didn't know where to find you so I just came here."

I pulled away so I could look at her face. She was a lot thinner than before. But she was still beautiful. I put my hands on her cheeks and crashed my lips onto hers. She instantly kissed back and melted into my arms. The moment lasted forever but ended too quickly. When she finally pulled away, she looked me in the eyes and smiled.

"So where are you living now?" She turned away from me and laid back into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her small frame and rested my head on the top of hers. "I moved in with Vin." She gently nodded and we fell asleep like that in each others arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long. I had my baby.