Status: Completed.

This Is a Summer Fling

Summer Lovin'

Eric looked out over the water as sitting down on the wooden bridge, letting his feet slid into the wet coldness.

It sent goosebumps over his whole body, the water really was too cold for him to sit like this, but he didn't pull his feet back, knowing he would get used to it soon. He moved his gaze down to his feet, seeing the small waves created around them, his feet having a strange pale ad greenish color.

Smiling for himself he looked up again, looking in front of himself out at the water. There wasn't any land or islands nearby, making it look like the eath really was flat, seeing the dark blue water meet the light blue sky. The way the water was glittering from the sun rays was annoying his eyes slightly, but it was a too nice sight, too calm atmosphere, for him to look back.

He liked sitting like this, having a moment when he wasn't arguing with his sister, or got ordered around by his mother, but it was only calm and peaceful around him. A moment during the day being only his.

He had been forced to walk pretty long to get here, far away from his family and other people, but to walk on the beach hadn't been as tough as he thought, it had been relaxing, even if he otherwise hated to walk.

"Dante! Get back here!"

Eric looked behind him by hearing the deep voice shouting, yelping loudly when seeing a black dog with rust color on the underside came running towards him. He quickly looked around, seeing nowhere to really escape; he was in the end of the bridge. Scared he looked back behind him, seeing the dog being on the bridge now, coming closer to him. He knew it was a doberman, he had seen them on TV a lot, and in the movies he had seen they were often blood thirsty creatures.

The dog was a few meters away from him when he without thinking pushed away from the bridge and into the water, squealing loudly by the coldness surrounding him, making him shiver and hack teeth immediately.

Though the most important thing was that the dog had stopped, he was standing on the bridge, looking down at Eric was barking loudly. Desperately Eric tried to keep himself up, the clothes making everything heavier, and his limbs was already slightly stiff by the cold.

"Dante! You little idiot!" A tall man came up on the bridge, grabbing on to the dog's collar and tugged him back, hooking him up in a leash and quickly moved back on the bridge, knotting the leash around a pole before he moved back to the end, laying down on his stomach and held out his hand for Eric. "Are you okay?"

Shakey Eric nodded, holding his hand up for the man to take it and together they managed to pull Eric up over the bridge again. The dog started to bark again, but when the man firmly ordered it to be quiet it silenced down, and the only thing Eric could hear was the water hitting softly against the bridge, and his breathes sounding more as loud shivers.

It felt as if he had been bathing in ice, his whole body was cold and shaking, and he had tears sliding down his cheeks by the cold the wet clothes pressing over him gave.

"I'm so sorry," The man said as carefully helping Eric up on his legs. "No one is ever here, so I use to let Dante run without his leash."

"'S fine." Eric sniffled, wrapping his arms around himself in a desperate try to bring some heat to himself as he looked up on the man. And blinked.

The man was older than him, he would guess on around ten years older, and he had soft blue eyes that almost made Eric smile by just looking into them. He was good looking, really good looking, and Eric was more than picky when it came to be about that.

"Come here," The man said, taking a soft grip around the boy's arm and hinted for him to come with. "Dante is nice, he's just a playful little boy, but he never hurt anyone. Even if people believe for dobermann's to be evil creaters." He said, kneeling down next to his dog and rubbed the side of him, before unknotting the leash. Atumatically Eric flinched back, afraid that the dog would running towards him again, though the man kept a firm grip around the leash, keeping it short so the dog couldn't get somewhere. "We need to give you some warmth, I have a cabin down here, were you can get a towle, and maybe borrow a few warm and dry clothes, or do you live nearby?"

Eric hesitated, looking towards the direction he had come from. He didn't see any house, only the beach for as long as he could see. He had been walking for almost two hours, just taking it slow and calm, and when being cold and wet like this, he knew that he would freeze to death before reaching his own cabin.

"I live two hours from here." He said faint, his teeth hacking so loud the man had to hear it.

"Then I think it's best you come with me." The man said, chuckling low as laying a hand over Eric's lower back, again showing that he wanted him to come with. "I'm Andreas, and this little bastard is Dante, and we're both very sorry for the problem he caused."

"I'm Eric." Eric answered, his voice sounding faint as if the words didn't want to reach pass his lips properly. "He just scared me, but I'm okay. I think."

"When you've gotten some warmth, you'll be more than fine." He said, smiling so softly towards Eric that the boy felt his own lips twitch up, smiling back shyly.

They walked for around five minutes, though Eric couldn't keep track of time, he was shaking too much, only wishing for some warmth right now. Dante walked next to him, looking curious on the young boy, as if wondering why he was following them, but he didn't bark loudly again, or tried to jump up on the stranger, so Eric didn't paid too much attention of him.

Andreas let them into the cabin, releasing Dante and pushed him into another room. They could hear the offended barks from the dog, but they soon silenced down, and Andreas smiled as he handed a towle and a pair of dry clothes to the boy, telling him where the bathroom was and to use the shower to get the warmth back faster.

Thankfull Eric accepted the things ad walked into the bathroom, taking of his cold and heavy clothes. They fell to the floor with a splashing sound and he did a grimace, the clothes looking aweful and dirty now. He was still shaking as turning on the shower, his fingers looking to have a slightly bluish color, or maybe he just imagined it. He hoped it was in his imagination.

He waited until the water was hot enough, and then stepped under the rays, wincing loudly by the hot water meeting his cold skin. It felt to burn, making him shiver even worse, but it soon changed to just feel pleasant, and he relax, closing his eyes as letting the water heat up his skin.

Eric was well aware over that to follow a stranger home was a bad idea, but he had been freezing so badly that he didn't think about the consequences until now. Andreas looked nice enough, but didn't many people look nice? Hadn't someone told him that it was the people looking the nicest that was the ones you were suppose to stay away from?

Annoyed he shook the thought away, not wanting to have to worry about that right now. Instead he turned of the shower, feeling to be warm enough, and rubbed his body dry. With the towle wrapped around his waist, he hung up his wet clothes in the shower before turning to look in the mirror, shivering when seeing what a mess his make up and hair was. But he couldn't dow much about that now, so he only ran his fingers through his hair and wiped away the smeared make-up, before starting to take on the clothes the man had brought him.

He had to laugh when looking into his reflection, the clothes was all too big for him, hanging losely down over his body. The clothes probably looked good on Andreas, but on him it didn't fit at all, as he saw it.

"I thought you had settled down in there?" Andreas asked with a chuckle as finally came out again, and placed down two cups on a small table.

"Nah, close to it though." Eric said, smiling sheepish as looking around himself, scratching the back of his head.

The cabin was small and cosy, having loads of books a bit everywhere, and some dog toys on the floor. It was a room a place you liked immediately, and he thought that it fitted the man. Even though he didn't knew it yet.

"Dante is still locked in, you don't have to worry about him." Andreas assured, having misunderstood the boy's glancing around. "Do you drink coffee? Or else I have tea too, or whatever else you prefer."

"Coffee's nice." Eric smiled, hesitating slightly before sitting down on the chair opposite of were Andreas was standing. "Thanks."

"No problem," Andreas smiled, putting down sugar and milk on the table before sitting down. "It's the least I can do after my beloved bastard scared you."

Eric blushed as looking down on his lap, tugging slightly on the hem of the all too big t-shirt. Now he felt to have overreacted, but it was too late to do anything about that now, he just hoped the man didn't saw him as a wimp.

The man smiled towards him, stating for himself that Eric looked adorable blushing. Even with the hair a mess, and the make up still slightly smeared around his eyes, he could tell that the boy was a real beauty.

"He's kinda cute... Dante." Eric said, not knowing why he felt the need to add the dog's name, as if there would have been anyone else he talked about. "What kinda name is Dante?"

Andreas chuckled. "So do I think," He said smiling as sipping from his coffee. "Dante means 'to dare', we gave him the name when he was a puppy, hoping he would braven up from the little wuss he was then."

"We?" Eric asked, wondering if he meant his girlfriend, or wife, or something else. "It's a cool name though..."

"Me and my ex boyfriend." Andreas explained, smirking by the way Eric lighted up, then blushed deeply and looked down. At least Eric was interested in him, that was always good to know. "And yeah, we thought that too. And Dante is short and easy and yell when he misbehave."

Eric smiled sheepish, still not daring to look up at the man. He knew it had shown that he was happy to know that the man was gay, but he hadn't wanted it to be so obvious. To his luck, though, Andreas didn't comment it, he just asked him a few questions, talking normally with the boy until Eric wasn't blushing so badly anymore, and he could talk normally.

When Eric left that day, they agreed for him to come back the next day, so Eric could pick up his clothes.

And the next day he did return, spending the whole day with Andreas in the couch, watching some movie. Though the movie was soon forgotten as Eric felt Andreas fingers play with his hair, threading the dark strands softly, and Eric shifted his body, coming closer to Andreas, then he looked up, a shy smile over his lips.

That was when Andreas kissed him, soft and gentle, and then it was Eric who deepened the kiss, feeling Andreas' hands over his body as they after mere minutes was laying on the couch, Eric's legs wrapped around the man's waist.

They had sex that day, Andreas being so careful, even though Eric told him it wasn't needed. But that the man was so soft and gentle made everything so much better for Eric, and he only wanted to hold Andreas close, telling him how much that really meant for him - people were rarely careful with him

For the next month they continued that, meeting to talk, and then ended up in the bed. It wasn't always they had sex, some times they just sat talking, kissing every now and then, and Eric slowly realized he was falling for the man.

He hated himself for it, but he couldn't help it, Andreas was just too perfect for him to be able to ignore the feelings growing in him, knowing it wouldn't lead anywhere.

One week before Eric would have to go home again he sat in the small living room, stroking Dante softly over his back as Andreas was out to get some stuff. He had learned to love the dog, when Dante got used to him he wasn't equal as eager to jump around him every second, but he was only rubbing his nose against Eric's leg, wanting attention.

"I'll miss you." Eric said down to the dog, scratching him behind the ear as Dante looked up, as if he wondered what Eric was talking about. "I'll leave soon, not seeing you or Andreas." He said to the dog, finding it nice to talk to someone that couldn't answer him. "I'm in love with your master, you know. But I can't let him now, this is a summer fling. He said so himself." He continued, sounding bitter over the fact.

A low growl rumbled from the depth of Dante's throat as he rubbed his nose against Eric's leg, moving up to half lay over Eric's legs. Giggling Eric ruffled the furr, and leaned down, resting his head over the dog's back, feeling the beating of the heart against his ear.

When Andreas came back, Eric was sleeping, still laying half over the dog, and Dante looked up on his master. Andreas was actually surprised the dog didn't run up to greet him, it was almost as if he knew Eric was asleep and didn't want to disturb the teenager.

Smiling softly Andreas walked up to the couch, kneeling down on the floor and scrathed Dante behind his ear, then he moved to Eric, rubbing the boy's arm softly as pressing a kiss against the boy's forehead.

He knew that Eric would leave soon, going back home with his family, and then he wouldn't see the boy anymore. Subconsiually he had counted the days, pretending it to be much time left, but it was only seven days, and it sounded so short for Andreas.

He always came here during the summer, being alone with Dante, not getting disturbed by anyone. But he had liked Eric's company, maybe a bit more than he should.

Of course the boy often showed out how young he was, acting immature and saying things without having thought them through, but there was still something with Eric, almost as if an aura was around him, that made Andreas want to just hold the boy close.

He didn't wake the boy up, he just sat there looking at him for a while, thinking that Eric needed some serious sleep. They had stayed up the whole night, Eric being determinded to for once in his life see both sunset and sunrise, and not be drunk mean while. Andreas had after sugar sweet convincing and big puppy eyes surrended with a deep sigh.

Eric had fallen asleep more times than Andreas could count, no matter how much coffee he gave the boy, his head first leaning against the man's shoulder before he had fell down, his face pressed over Andreas' thigh. Most of all Andreas had wanted the boy to stay asleep, just look at the relax features of the teenager, but he already knew Eric well enough to know that the boy would overdramatize it, so he felt forced to wake him up.

During that night, with Eric falling asleep in his arms over and over and then looked up at him ewly awaked, he had realized how much he cared about the teenager, how much the kid really meant for him.

And he shouldn't think that way, this was a summer fling, they both knew that.

He pulled back from Eric with a sigh, standing up again he turned to the kitchen, fixing with the dinner before he would have to send Eric away to be with his family.

The boy woke up after around an hour, immediately having Dante lick his face in happiness, and he laughed, pushing the dog away as wiping his face with the sleeve of his arm, sniffling in the air.

"Slept well?" Andreas asked, smiling as the boy looked up at him.

"Perfect." Eric murmured, smiling when Andreas sat down next to him, feeling the man's arms around him as he tilted his face up, feeling Andreas' lips against his. "Though the wake up is the best."

Andreas chuckled deep, cupping Eric's cheek in his hand and pulled the boy closer, deepening the kiss. Hearing the boy's soft musing sound, feeling the way Eric pressed closer to him, made him feel guilty, realizing that the boy felt it to be more too.

"Princess, we have to talk." He said, sighing as pulling back.

Eric looked up wondering at him, scratching Dante behind his ear as the dog came up to him, sniffling against his thigh. Slowly he nodded, biting his lip as Andreas looked away, entwining his fingers he rested them over his thighs, looking thoughtful.

"You know this is a one time happening." Andreas said lowly, thinking through his words as he spoke them. "It's just for the summer, and then we'll never meet again."

Eric blinked, looking even more confused. "I know that, we've already talked about that." He said quietly, realizing how much the words really hurt when saying them out loud.

"Good, I don't want you to have any feelings, because nothing will happen." He said sternly, a bit too stern for his own liking, and he cringed, unable to stop himself from continuing. "We had fun during the summer, you were a good lay, but that is about all."

Eric's eyes widdened, staring shocked on the equally surprised Andreas, not sure where the words had come from. All he had wanted was to make sure that the boy wasn't in love with him, and wouldn't want to continue this afterwards.

"Fuck you." Eric breathed, flying up on his feet. He hit his toe on the couch table, and he kicked it, having it falling over. "I though you were the only one that didn't just used me." He said, feeling tears of anger water up in his eyes, looking coldly on Andreas. "You just wanted something to get off to? Someone that let you do every-fucking-thing you wanted? I liked you!" He yelled, feeling the tears stream down his cheek as he spun around, running away from the cabin as fast as he could.

Andreas sat startled, not really surprised over Eric's reaction but more surprised over what he had said, how he had said it, when he had felt something completely different.

It had been more than just a summer thing, he knew that now.

And now it was too late for regrets.
♠ ♠ ♠
It is not beta'd yet, but I will have it fixed asap! Promise!