Rainbow Words

Chapter 1

I sat on the tan suede couch that pressed against the window wall. The window wall was one wall in my house that was almost entirely a window, from floor to ceiling. I adjusted myself so that I looked over the back of the couch out the window. I watched the rain fall from the gray mist that was the sky. It was endless water, sea and rain touching with delicate finger of wind. I loved days like these. I would sit with my cup of tea and watch the waves crash onto the sand and the gray mist lay like a blanket over the sea. I took a sip of my tea and sighed, these days were the best in my opinion, I love the sun yes, but these days were so calm and relaxing.

I got up off of the couch to get some more tea. As I poured the warm liquid into my cup my mother walked down stairs in her white plush robe. She had just woken up and her hair was mused as if she had been tossing and turning in her sleep.

'How's the tea dear" she said walking over to the cupboard and grabbing a glass.
"Warm" I said smiling to my self. She pulled out the carton of orange juice and poured a generous amount for herself.

The sound of pounding footsteps told me that my older brother Eric was coming downstairs. By the thuds I could tell he was irritable and groggy. He came down his sandy blonde hair sticking up all over the place. His green eyes were cloudy and there were bags under them. He looked so messy but as the day goes on he cleans up.

Then I heard the pitter patter of my little sisters feet on the carpeted stairs. She came down in her pink nightgown and her doll with matching outfit. They both had their hair in pigtails. Her brown eyes sparkled as if she had been awake for hours. She ran over to Eric and he picked her up with ease for she was six and light as a feather.

This was a normal Saturday morning in the Johnson house. Our father had left my mom shortly after Allison was born. We were managing just fine without him, being one of the wealthier families in the neighborhood. We lived on the beach and our house was a very big house but a good size for our family.

We were a very proud family that achieved our goals and had high expectations for the future.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is just introdicing you to the characters.

the following chapters will do the same.

comment & subscribe if you want.... criticizem is welcome