Rainbow Words

Chapter 2

I sat on the soccer field waiting for my name to be called. I never liked gym class but it was a required class. I was never good at sports but like I said it was a required. I knew I was going to be the last person to be picked and following my name would be sighs and grunts. I was more of a reading person. I have probably read close to every book published, I have been reading for 14 years and I always have a new book under my arm. I was also the more artistic type, I have always been drawn to paper and pencils. Music was my savior I got my guitar when I was eight and wrote songs that I performed in the privacy of my soundproof basement.

"Come on Grace!" someone yelled as once again I tripped over my feet and gave up yet another pass. Soccer was not my best sport, then again neither was any other sport. I looked across the field at Ricky he was leaning against the fence. His black hair was perfectly shaggy, hanging in front of his eyes looking as though he just rolled out of bed. His deep emerald eyes that sparkled all the time. He look absolutly wonderful in his polyester gym shorts and the over sized gray gym shirt that was uniform. I felt like a stalker just staring at him in all his blue shorted glory.
"Heads Up!" someone else yelled.

Next thing I knew I was laying down in the nurses office with an ice pack on my head. My head hurt so bad, it was like I had... gotten hit in the head with a soccer ball. Yup that's exactly what happened. In front of Ricky no less, god I have the worst luck in world really.
"Oh well now your awake, thought I was going to have to call someone. Thank goodness for that strapping boy in the blue shorts" the overly sweet nurse said walking back into her office. Blue shorts well that could be any of the Folten High boys. She rolled over on her side to see Ricky sitting in a chair writing something in his notebook, the famous notebook.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was Grace

comment:subscribe