Broken

Scene

“You promised!” she sobbed pounding her fists into his chest. “You pr-promised me!” she yelled as the energy in her arms faded. She crumpled to the ground crying.

“Chloe,” he said guiltily squatting down. He tried to pull her into a hug but she pushed him away. “Chloe,” he sighed, “I’m sorry.”

She shook her head. Her tears were lessening and she was heaving dry sobs as she stared at him broken. “You promised,” she repeated pain etched throughout her features.

“I know. I know I did, but—“

“Why? You knew and you lied to me!” she accused pushing him with more force so he fell backwards.

He sighed before slowly standing. “I didn’t want to hurt you,” he mumbled.

“WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS?” she screamed, the anger quickly penetrating the air around them.

He took a step back before stuttering, “I thought it would be easier,” he explained.

“For who! You?” she yelled, quickly standing.

He still found her beautiful, even with mascara running down her face, her hair a mess, her clothes askew.

“Well?” she screamed getting into his face.

He looked down at his shoes feeling ashamed.

“I hate you!” she seethed, shoving him backwards.

“Chloe,” he pleaded.

“Get out!” she choked. “Leave! That’s what you wanted to do, isn’t it?”

“Chloe please,” he begged.

“Get the fuck out Alex!” she screamed throwing the necklace she just ripped from her neck at him.

He caught it before it fell to the ground and thumbed over the details on it before looking back up at the frail girl staring murder at him.

He broke the girl that fixed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I wrote this earlier and I know that it'll never become something more (I don't think it will anyways) but I thought it was good, so I just posted it for whatever reason, even if it isn't a legit one shot.

sue me.