Before It's Too Late.

Chapter Two.

"Dude, just ask her!" Miles and I were on our way to the cafeteria and he wouldn't shut up about the new girl.
"I'm not just gonna walk up and ask her out, Miles."
"Uh, why not," he asked, confusion written on his face.
"For one, she's probably already into DeMarco or some other equally obnoxious jock. Second, for all I know she could've murdered her granny with a hammer. I mean, sure, she looks all sweet and innocent, but we don't know. We know absolutely nothing about her." Okay, so maybe that last excuse was a bit out there, but I had to get my point across.
"That's why you ask her out. Get to know her a little, ya know? Dude, watch where you're going," he replied, pushing me into the person in front of us. Oh great, it's the new girl.

"Uh, hi," Alaynah greeted, shooting us a weird look.
"Hey. Sam wants to know if you'll go to a party with him tonight," Miles asked, shoving me toward her.
"Miles, we are so not frie-," I started, but Alaynah cut me off.
"Sure." I looked at her like she sprouted three heads.
"Are you sure? I mean, you don't have to."
"I'd love to, Sam," she smiled.
"Uh, okay then. I guess I'll pick you up at eight," I asked, rubbing the back of my neck. Nervous habit.
"Sounds good. You shouldn't be late, considering I live next door," she replied with a smirk, as she walked away.
"Oh, by the way, I didn't murder my granny with a hammer. I used a bat," she called back.
"Dude, you didn't tell me she lived next door," Miles exclaimed. I shot him a glare.
"Dude, we are so not friends anymore."

It was 7:50 and I couldn't find anything to wear after rummaging through all my clothes.
"Dude, just throw on that black Strokes shirt and wear some jeans," Miles said.
"I don't even know why you're here. This is supposed to be a date, I think..," I answered, sliding the shirt on.
"Somebody has to make sure you don't blow it with Alaynah."
"Whatever. Let's just go."

"Are you sure we're invited to this party?" Alaynah glanced back at him.
"Of course, Miles. It's a lake. Public property," I answered, throwing my piece of junk Camaro in park. Alaynah got out of the car and walked over to a girl standing next to the lake. Kaehla or something like that. Miles grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of earshot.
"Dude, just don't do anything weird, all right?"
"I'm good, right," I asked, glancing at myself in the car window.
"Yeah, you're good."

"Hey, guys, check it out." DeMarco and his crew noticed us.
"Oh, hi," I greeted, glancing around for Alaynah.
"What are you guys doing here," he asked. I stuttered to find an answer.
"We're here to climb this tree," Miles said, pulling himself up with one of the branches. Really, Miles? Perfect time to turn into a freaking monkey. Note to self: look for new best friend.
"I see that. Looks fun," Trent said, turning his attention back to me.
"You know, I thought I recognized you. Didn't you try out for the football team last year?"
"Oh, no. No. That wasn't like a real tryout. I was doing research for a book I was writing."
"Oh, yeah?"
"Yeah. It's about the link between brain damage and football."
"That's funny," he stated.
"Hey guys, this party's lame," Alaynah interjected, "let's just go."
"Yeah, let's jet," Miles agreed, jumping out of the tree.
"I'll be right back. I'm just gonna go tell Kaehla that I'll see her later," Alaynah said.

While Alaynah was saying goodbye to Kaehla, Miles was arguing with me about who was riding shotgun.
"Did you say, "Put her in the back?"
"Well, yeah. I called shotgun," he answered.
"I'm not putting her in the back. Can't you just walk? It's not that far."
"I call party foul."
"What? How is that a foul?"
"Bro's before ho's," he answered, fiddling with the radio.
"Miles, I'm begging you, okay?"
"Dude, are you serious right now?"
"Please get outta the car, Miles?"
"Fine, whatever, dude."

"Where's Miles," Alaynah asked, getting in the car.
"He, uh, remembered that there was something else that he had to do," I replied, nervously.
"Oh, um, okay then."
"So, do you wanna grab something to eat," I asked.
"Nah, I'm not really hungry."
"Oh-um, ok then," I answered.
"We can just ride around if ya want," she added, smiling.
"Awesome." We'd only been driving around for a few minuted, when the car started cutting out.
"No, no, no. Come on," I begged, "Sorry, I'm just working all the kinks out. It's a new car, you know."

When I get that feeling

I want sexual healing


"This radio, is like, ya know...It's an old radio, too, so..."

Sexual healing


"This isn't something that I, you know..Look, I wouldn't try this on you. 'Cause this is like a romantic thing that I'm not trying to do. Not that you're not worthy of trying something like this on," I rambled, willing myself to shut up.
"No, of course not." Oh god, she's mad.
"I'm just a friend, ya know? Not a romantic friend. This is something romantic friends do. I mean, I'm not that friend. I mean, we...I could be, if you wanted me to be." What are you? Stupid? Shut up, shut up, shut up.
"Ya know what? I think I'm just gonna walk," she said, getting out of the car.
"Good luck with your car," she called.
Come on, please. You gotta work for me now. Don't let her walk away. Please, please.

Baby come back

You can blame it all on me


"Hey, wait," I called, as the car magically started back up.

"I had...fun tonight," I said, pulling up in front of her house.
"Uh, yeah..me too."
"So, I guess I'll see you at school?"
"Probably so. Later, Sam."
"Bye." God, what a stupid line. I'll see you at school? Really, Sam?

He's a one man, no gut, loosing streak

Nothin' but a pencil neck geek


"Would you shut up," I hissed, slamming my hand onto the radio, causing it to go staticky again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God, I've finally updated. In case you didn't pick up on it, words in italics are Sam's thoughts. Words that are centered and in italics is Bee talking through the radio. Oh, the Kaehla that is referred to is nicotine., not Mikaela. Hope you liked it :)