Du bist nicht alleine... Ich bin an deiner Seite

Chapter 2

~Ryan’s POV~

I throw a ball towards the only empty wall in my room. I’m bored. I wish there was something I could do. Mom’s out with dad, and I’m home alone. What does a guy do when he’s home alone? Then, my eyes widen. I’ve got an idea. I switch on my computer and log in on AIM.

SpencyOfTheOpera: hey dude, what’s up.
RecklessRyan: not much, boring the shit out of me. you?
SpencyOfTheOpera: same here. Mom’s out again *rolls eyes*
RecklessRyan: :s that sucks.
SpencyOfTheOpera: myea, and I’m supposed to watch Em again while I’m studying. But she’s doing an awesome job with dinner now. I just need to see if she doesn’t burn something downstairs.
RecklessRyan: lol. I’m pretty hungry as well, and I think it’s going to be another bag of potato chips. Dude, if your parents go out eating and don’t take you along, don’t expect them to leave something for you. Ever.
SpencyOfTheOpera: I know that feeling. But you know… Em’s making way too much food for the two us to eat… so I was kind of wondering… if you feel like… you know… coming over for dinner… I think she’s inviting one of her friends as well… we can always have dinner together… but hey, only if you like.
RecklessRyan: I’d love to. A bag of potato chips isn’t really a dinner anyway, and then we can catch up a little. ;)
SpencyOfTheOpera: :D Thanks Ry. Dinner’s at 7.
RecklessRyan: Thanks for the invitation, Spence.
SpencyOfTheOpera: Shit, I have to run now, she’s calling me and it doesn’t sound happy at all. See you in a bit!
RecklessRyan: Alrighty.

I close AIM down and throw a kiss at a picture of him and me. I can’t believe I’m having dinner at his place. Ryan, stop it, you’re exaggerating. You’ve had dinner with him before. Okay, yea, true. But now he’s home alone and we’ve never been home alone.

Spencer is my best friend. He has always been my best friend. When his dad left, we only grew closer and now he’s telling me everything that’s going on in his mind. Same goes for me.

Hmm… I should get ready… what to wear? What to wear? What to wear? Oh come on Ryan, get real, it’s not like you’re going on your first date or something. Gah, I just want Spencer to see that I’ve done an effort. Aha! I got it! Dressed pants and a baby blue shirt. Maybe a little make-up underneath my eyes, but not too much. Where’s my eyeliner? Where’s my eyeliner? Where’s my.. oh here it is. I put on some eyeliner and dress in the blue shirt and dress pants.

While searching for my shoes, I scribble a note on a paper for mom and dad, letting them know where I am. I’ve found my boots, and put them on my feet while combing my hair for the umpteenth time in five minutes. Yes, I want to look good for him.

I put the note for mom and dad on the kitchen table and walk towards the front door, locking it. Then, I run towards the back door, nearly tripping over Bill, the dog.

“Bill!” I grumble, opening the door and letting him out.

Bill runs out and I lock the door when I step outside of the house as well. I go through the gate, telling Bill to stay where he is. Then I close the gate again and start running to Spencer’s house.