The Shadow

The Seeing of Shadow

Here in the unknown town in the mountains, it's always dark and raining. I live alone, but there are no dramatic dangers except for being shocked by a lighting bolt.

" I live in a tiny hut with a rather large fireplace," I said

" Yet today I wish I never had one," I said

"I didn't use it anymore all for one reason......."

I looked at my fireplace and judged the color gray of the never-ending clouds. I knew for sure that it was going to begin pouring soon and I had no wood for a warm fire.

I grabbed an ax and headed out the door. After judging the sizes of all the stumps, I found a perfect tree.
I was almost done whacking at the huge piece of wood when I noticed a stange figure creeping among the other trees nearby.

It wasn't a person; it was the silhouette of one. I searched through my mind for the right word.

" oh, shadow!" I yelled out.

It was still running around the trees next to me. Wait, it's never sunny enough for shadows of other beings to be seen.

And plus, I couldn't even see the being whom the reflection belonged to.

I ran home as fast as I could force my legs could go and slammed the door behind me.

The shadow crept under and through the door. Panic filled my head. It wasn't my shadow
.
The lights weren't even on! I then sprinted through the back door searching for any possible place tp hide.

Afterrunning for a good few minutes, I found a gap between two vacant buildings.

I crounched down to my knees behind a rusted trashcan an waited.

I'd lost him and I dragged myself back to my house .

I shut the door; still out of breath and shaking.

I'll never go back in the woods even if it means sacrificing my warm fire.

I thought about what have happened if the shadow had really gotten a hold of me.

I then heard a faint whisper in my ear that said, " I'm still coming."

I felt a faint shiver make its way up my icy spine.

It creeped up slowly, taking it's time to brush over every nerve in its path.