Are You Sure This Is My Life We Are Talking About?

Chapter 17

They were beautiful. All of them, not one damn fucking flaw! I had read Twilight and knew it was a bunch of fucking bullshit. No real vampire (not that she knew they were real at the time) sparkles, or doesn't have fangs. And, vamps have always been portrayed as beautiful, but this took the cake. Perfect skin. Minuscule pores, no zits in sight, perfectly arranged eyebrows. All the women even had symmetrical boobs! Talk about a hit to any ones ego.

Sara not ugly in any way, but oh my Satan! they are all perfect! Not a hair out of place. Impeccably dressed, my little summer dress made me feel naked in front of Dante's family.

"Sara, is something wrong?" Dante` said softly to me.

That was when I realized that I had stopped at the bottom of the stairs. I was frozen in place, unable to move. What was I supposed to do? Would they like me? What if they thought I was ugly? Unworthy of Dante`? How was I supposed to meet them now when I felt so utterly worthless?

"It's OK babe. I promise none of us will bite cha," Dante's look-a-like hollered in an annoying slang. "Well, at least, unless you ask one of us too," He drawled suggestively.

I felt my face heat even further. Beside me, Dante's growl filled the vast living room, echoing off of the marble floors. He sounded like a diseased wolf, wanting to tear off it's competitors head and roll around in it's blood, marking a victory.

Dante's hand slowly rubbed soothing circles on my lower back, while slowly urging me towards his family all the while.

"Hello Sara," A woman said to me, hunching over slightly like one would approach a frightened animal or small child. "I'm Marguerite Balitiu, Dante's mother. This," she said, gesturing towards Dante's look-a-like, "is my other son, Lucien."

"Hello, hello," came the smooth drawl from Lucien. "If you get tired of my little brother, of if he doesn't satisfy any of your needs, you can come to me."

"That is enough!" Dante` yelled, grabbing Lucien by the throat and pinning him against the nearest wall in a blink of an eye.

Though, instead of looking mad, or even scared, at his younger brother, Lucien just laughed. A deep, rich, hardy laugh. It was infectious. I joined in laughing with him, calmly walking up to Dante` and, putting my hand gently on his shoulder, told him to put his brother down. To my surprise, he actually listened, his face softening and turning towards me like a dog looking for their treat after a job well done. Kissing him right below his jaw, I grabbed his hand.

"Hello, Lucien," I said, turning to great him. "If I were you, I would think long and hard about acting before you do that again. I don't think Dante` appreciated it much, did you sweet?"

"No, I did not. You heard her bastard, she's mine." Came the growled reply. You could barely understand Dante` at the moment, his fangs so long, slurring his speech into a washed up mess.

"Sure thing brother," Lucien said, giving me another slow one-two. "I'll make sure to think long and hard about things. Will you think about me being long and hard Sara?"

Before I could answer his quip, Dante` had Lucien thrown on the floor, pinning him and beating the shit out of his gorgeous face.