Are You Sure This Is My Life We Are Talking About?

Chapter 18

"Dante!" Sara screamed, startled over his he-man actions. "Get off of him right now!" Sara tugged at Dante's arm, desperately trying to pull Dante` off Lucian, who was now bleeding on the expensive marble floor. Sara looked up to see the boys' family just watching with amused expressions on their faces.

Oh, hell. Sara thought, I give up.

Walking over the wall, Sara leaned against it, crossing her arms and crossing her feet at her ankles. She blew a strand of hair out of her eyes, wondering how much longer the beat down would last.

"Dante`," came a cool, firm voice. Sara looked to see a beautiful man, Dante's father, standing next to Marguerite. "That is enough. No need to actually hurt your brother, now is there?"

"No, father," Dante` replied coolly, standing up with unimaginable grace. Sara watched as he held his hand out to his brother, Lucian like nothing had happened. Lucian excepted the hand, pulling hard enough to make Dante` fall while he stood up. Shaking his head and standing back up, Dante` walked over to Sara.

"Sara," Dante` said, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, "This is my father, Vladamir," he said, making a grand sweeping gesture with his arm.

"Hello," Sara said, smiling at the man.

Vladamir nodded his dark, elegant head. "You may call me Vlad, Sara."

"Thank you," she replied.

A cough broke the awkward silence. Lucian.

"Sara, I'm sorry. I don't really have a filter, or so people tell me. I hope we can still be fuck buddies."

No one spoke. Sara turned to see Dante's face a blistering red. His jaw was clenched so hard, trying to keep himself from saying anything to Lucian.

"No Lucian, we won't be fuck buddies," Sara said out loud. She realized that Dante's parents were standing there, but if their son saying things like this wasn't shocking them, it wouldn't do damage if she did. Besides, someone needed to put the boy in his place. "In fact, I would like it very much if you would stop the crude language concerning me, especially in front of Dante`. I'm your brother's, not yours. I'm sleeping with your brother, not you. So, just knock it off. Alright?"

Lucian shrugged. "Sure thing, sis." The boy had a huge grin.

Damn, vampires are confusing, Sara thought.

"By the way, you can call me Luc," he said, walking away. "I'm going to go take a nap before I visit the fang banger house," he yelled down to everyone else, walking up the stairs.

"Your brother is weird," Sara whispered in Dante's ear.

Everyone started laughing.

"We can hear you, my dear," Marguerite said in response to Sara's startled face. "And, yes, everyone has always said that our sweet Lucian is 'weird'. It's just part of his charm, I suppose. A real rouge he is," she said, giggling.

Dante` rolled his eyes. "Come on," he said, tugging Sara up the stairs.

"Where are we going?"

"I want to get your mind of my brother and back on me. I think I'm going to use his suggestion."

"Which was...?" Sara asked.

"I'm going to keep you busy for a hard, long while until you can only think of me," Dante` replied, smiling devilishly.

Gripping his hand tighter, Sara started pulling him up the stairs.

"I can't wait," Sara said, grinning like a fool.