Are You Sure This Is My Life We Are Talking About?

chapter two.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god!!!!!! This is real. I never thought... Well, of course I didn't! I was raised to believe they didn't exist, I didn't exist! This is rediculous. Sara thought

"I want answers," Sara said, trying to grasp onto reality.

"Of course, I just don't know where to begin."

"How about, how the hell I'm a vampire?" she said heatedly.

He sighed, probably tired of being yelled at by Sara.

"Somewhere down the line in your family, on both sides, by the way, vampire blood was put into the mix. It didn't even register in any of your other family members because the amount was so small, but you, because of the accumlation from both sides, it took over, to the point where your vampire blood dominates over the human, and therefore you might as well be a pure blooded vampire."

"The immortal thing?"

"It is true." He sighed again. "I hate the myths, so let's go over this quickly. Fire, it hurts, but doesn't kill, we heal from it. We heal extrodinarily fast, yes. We are also fast runners, but not like the movies portray. We can hear as well as a dog, which is a hell of a lot better than a human, in case you didn't know. We can smell as good as the movies say, to the point where we can smell emotions and... other things." He said this last part with a blush-filled face.

"Coffins, no. Wood doesn't hurt us. We don't 'sparkle' either, stupid books." He turned around and saw Sara's poster of the movie then whipped back around to face her. "I am so sorry, I didn't know-"

Sara cut him off with her laughter. "It's ok, you are forgiven. The book was wonderful until I bought myself a couple of these," she said, pulling out the paperback she was reading earlier. One look at the couple entwined on the front and that's all it took for Dante`'s face to be red again.

He coughed and looked away.

Sara sighed. "Dude, I'm a virgin, but seriously? You can't go ten minutes without turning red. What's the deal?"

"I just didn't know how you'd react to everything, and you haven't even heard half of it yet, well about the being a vampire part yet. And talking doesn't make me so much uncomfortable as it does make me.. uncomfortable." He said in a suggestive way.

"Ahh, gotcha. So, let's hear the rest then, shall we?"

"Vampires have a very active sex drive, let's just leave it at that."

Sarashrugged but let it go. "What about garlic? I love cheese and garlic pizza, can I still eat that or will it kill me?"

"Garlic doesn't hurt us either, nor does the sun. We don't tan very quickly though, it takes about a month to get half a shade darker."

"Cool," Yeah, so I'm wierd, sue me. I hate getting funky tan lines, and fake tanning? No thanks barbie. Sara thought when Dante` gave her a funny look.

He nodded. "And, yes, we drink blood. I hope you don't have a problem with that, because you are going to need to drink to survive."

"Nope, no problem. I always liked liking my cuts, tasty stuff."

He probably thought Sara was joking, but she was far from it.

"So where do you live? I just can't place your accent."

"That's because I never stayed in one place long enough to pick up on one steady language when I was younger. We, my family, have houses all over Europe, one in Russia, a couple here in the US too. Just one of the plus sides to living forever is colleting your money, huh?"

"Yeah, totally. So were you telling the truth when you said you are only 19?"

"Yeah, I'm young. My parents waited until they were in their 600s to have children, I have two older brothers, one younger, and a baby sister, she's 5 now."

"Wow."

Knock, knock, knock.

Sara opened her door. She had been in her own little world with Dante`, forgetting all about her parents waiting for the couple in the family room. "Hey mom."

"Do you believe us now?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Good, because there is something us I didn't tell you yet." Sara's mom announced.

"Which would be?"

She sighed. "Haven't you wondered yet why the hell I would let you get married at 17 to a boy you have never met before?"

"No, that kind of slipped my mind, with the, oh, I don't know, me being a freakin' vampire!!" Sara said, thick with sarcasm.

Her mom chuckled humorlessly. "Come and sit down, both of you. Dante, you might need to help me explain this too."

"A year after we made the deal, Vlad, Dante`'s dad, came to visit us, to make sure you were doing well. He brought Dante` with him, he was just about 3 years old at the time, and he recognized you."

"What do you mean?" Sara asked.

"She means, I recognized you as mine, my one true mate. I could go into all that cheesey stuff about walking the earth forever with only you, but why bother?" Dante` said, trying to lighten the mood with a joke.

Sara cracked a smile for everyone's benefit, and besides having to live with that gorgeous hunk for forever? Fine by her, exspecially since he told her about his overdrive-sex drive. Sara hadn't payed any attention at first because she was mad, then disbelieving, then she just thought he was crazy, but now she took the time to look at him. He was a work of art. Brown hair so dark, it was almost black. Eyes that were electricfying, the deepest and purest blue Sara had ever dreamed of. His face was all chiseled jaw and high cheekbones. But his lips were so full and soft looking that it softened his warrior's apparence. He was beautiful.

"Well this makes me feel better," Sara mumbled. What the hell is someone supposed to say to that anyways? I mean common, I can hear it now in some chessey soap opera:

'you're mine!'

'I am, oh, yes I am!'

'I take what's mine!'

'Oh please.'


Yeah, I don't think so.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what you think...