Mikelle Richards

Chapter Two

oh, God, I thought He's gonna kill me.

He turned me around to face him and leaned in to kiss me. I didn't dare try to stop him for fear of what he would do to me.

After a few seconds he moved his hand to my waist and lifted up my tank top inch by inch. I started shaking. He stopped kissing me and looked at me angrily.

"Why are you so scared? I told you I wasn't gonna hurt you!" he yelled.

"I know, Andrew, but--" I started.

"Shut the fuck up!!" he yelled. Then he slapped me hard across the face. It stung so badly, like if his hand was soaked in lemon juice and I had fresh scratches on my cheek. I needed to get out of here. I needed to get away from Andrew. But he had the knife. He had the power. How could I stop him?

I stupidly pushed him away, and ran. I went out the back door [in the kitchen] and ran around the house to the front. He chased after me and I could hear him yelling and cursing.

There were two houses across the street. One was yellow, the other green. I ran to the green one because the yellow one had an iron gate around it and I didn't wanna waste time trying to get there and not be able to go past the gate.

To my surprise, when I reached the front door of the green house, and I knocked and knocked and knocked, I realized the house was empty. Through the window, I could see there was no furniture whatsoever. And after pounding on the door as hard as I did, anyone would have at least turned on a light or something.

Andrew was only about ten feet away now. And knowing he had me trapped, he walked toward me slowly, as if he were enjoying the sight of me standing helpless and alone with no help.

The only way to escape was in the direction that Andrew was coming from. So I ran toward him, which surprised him. I thought that maybe if I were fast enough, I could run around him and go to the yellow house. Only I didn't know what I would do if I couldn't open the gate. I hadn't thought that far ahead in my future.

Anyway, I ran but then so did he.

For what seemed like hours, but was really only seconds, I felt the most excruciating pain in my stomach. I felt like I was being burned from the inside out and the source of the fire was in my stomach.

I looked down as Andrew pulled the knife out and automatically, blood poured out. I almost passed out. But I didn't allow myself. If I did, I knew Andrew would kill me. And I didn't want to die.

I started getting dizzy so I ran toward the yellow house. Things looked blurry, like if I needed glasses, and as soon as i got to the gate, I pushed it.

It opened.

I ran up the walkway, up to the porch and to the door.

I pounded on the white, wooden door of the house.

I felt myself get weaker, dizzier and colder. I started wondering if there were even any people in this house, like the green one.

Losing hope I stopped the pounding and leaned on the door. I knew Andrew was coming and there was nothing I could do.

I let myself slide down as he approached me.

Just a few more seconds and he'll finish you off. I thought to myself.

He walked up the three steps of the porch and stood in front off me. He knelt down and picked up my chin so I could look him in the eye.

"Oh, Mikelle, if you hadn't tried running, I wouldn't have to be doing this," Andrew whispered, "And it's too bad too. You were hot." He then kissed me and started touching my chest. I was wearing Green Day boxers and he inched his hand lower and lower.

Then with the little strength I had left, I started yelling, "No! Don’t! Please, Andrew, leave me alone! Let me go!”

With that, he stood up, and as I looked up, wondering what he was doing, he reached down and pulled me by the hair until I was standing in front of him.

"Why the hell do you have to be so LOUD?" he yelled and raised his hand as he was going to bring down his knife on me again.

I don't know what I was thinking as I did this, but I raised my hands above my head as protection against his attack, as if my arms were going to stop a knife.

Just then the door swung open and since I was leaning on it, I fell back right when Andrew brought his hand down. I didn't fall on the floor though. Someone caught me in their arms.

"What the fuck is going on here?" demanded and oh so familiar voice. I just couldn't exactly figure out who it was.

Andrew looked a little confused. His eyes widened.

"You better get your ass off my property right now before I call the police." the voice said again.

"Nah, man. you need to get your hands off my property." Andrew responded, "This bitch is mine."

Then, the person holding me put me down quickly, but gently, and took a swing at Andrew, even though he knew he had a knife.

That's when I got a look at the man. He had dark hair, was only wearing boxers and had a ton of tattoos.

Then I felt like I was fading away. My vision became even more blurred and I felt like even breathing was exhausting. My eyes closed and the last thing I remember was being carried bridal-style, a slam of the door, and being layed down again.

Then, nothing.