Her Lipstick

Prologue

She lay in the bed, pillow wet from the tears that rolled off her cheek. She glanced at the clock again, like she did exactly five minutes ago. 3:45 in the morning. He wasn't home, and she was trying not to worry. It had been the sixth time this month that he had been out all night.

She immediately sat up when she heard the front door open. As she heard the footsteps get closer she lay back down, shutting her eyes just enough to look asleep but to still see what he was doing.

The bedroom door opened and the scent of Jack Daniel's and cigarettes filled the room. He walked to the closet and threw his jeans onto the floor and stripped his shirt off. After being only clad in boxers, he walked to the mirror and glanced at his reflection. Black hair sticking out in every direction, sweat still stuck to his torso. He sighed before going to the bed and laying down on the cold empty side.

She heard is snores and she sat back up and looked down at him. His bottom lip looked slightly swollen and he lingered of sex smell. She held back her tears before leaning down and kissing his cheek before laying back down. She sighed and waited twenty minutes when her alarm went off.

Brian was still asleep, she got up and began to get ready. She slipped on a pair of jeans and a grey tank top with an Ed Hardy hoodie. She brushed her hair and started to walk out of the room, but stopped when she saw his clothes on the floor. She bit her lip and bent down, grabbing his collared shirt. She held it up and looked at the red lipstick mark on the collar.

"Brian," She whispered before angrily throwing the shirt down. She huffed, wiping her tears away before storming out the door. Brian was too passed out to hear the front door slam, or hear her car speed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments = <3