Her Lipstick

One

She entered the studio and sighed. She flipped the switch for the lights before sitting down on her chair, "You're here early," A voice said suddenly and she jumped. She looked around and met sweet green eyes.
"Jesus, Zacky, you scared the shit out of me," She sighed, a hand on her racing heart.
"Sorry about that," He smiled and rubbed his neck.
"What are you doing here so early?" She asked.
"Uh...I was working on some guitar riffs last night and I lost track of time so I crashed here. What about you?" He wondered.
"I just wanted to get out of the house," She said softly before turning to the mixer.

Zacky walked closer to her before standing next to her, looking down at the mixer as well, "You and Brian doing okay?" He asked.
"Wonderful," She faked a smile and he gave a slight groan.
"Doesn't seem like it," He stated.
"We're fine," She growled before hitting a few buttons on the board.
"What ever you say."

He walked back to the couch and sat down, picking up a guitar, "Listen to this and tell me what you think for 'Scream'," He said. She turned around and listened to the chromatic sounds coming from the guitar and she smiled. He was so concentrated on the notes, it was kind of cute, "Well?" He asked, taking her out of her daze.
"I like it. I think if we add a little more groove, we can make it the main riff," She smiled and he looked at her proudly.

"What time are the guys coming?" She asked.
"Not for a few hours...I assume you know that Syn is always late," He smirked and she sighed.
"He came home at four in the morning," She confessed. Zacky studied her face and all he saw was pain.
"I didn't know he went out last night," He replied.
"He goes out every night," She sighed.
"You think he's cheating?"
"No," She paused, "I just wish he were home with me, that's all. Me being selfish again," She wiped her tears and went to leave the room but he caught her arm.
"It's not your fault. I'm sure he just wants the attention. You know him..." He trailed off.
"Yeah, I know. I don't know why I'm crying, I mean it's nothing to cry about," She started to rant. Zacky cut her off by pulling her into his arms.
"It's okay," He said slowly and tightened his grip.
"Thanks, Buddy," She smiled and he released her.

"Good morning!" Jimmy yelled and walked in.
"Hey, Jimmy!" She exclaimed and he gave her a light hug.
"So what's on the agenda for today?" He asked, sitting down on the couch.
"Guitars and just finishing up some vocals with Matt," She replied.
"Then what the hell am I doing here?" He joked and she laughed.

She sat back down at the board and Zacky sat next to her, "Are you going to follow me all day?" She hissed.
"Nope. I just want to make sure you're okay," He replied.
"I told you I'm fi-"

"Hey, Baby!" Brian's voice echoed the room. He kissed her cheek and she melted into his soft warm lips.
"Good morning," She turned and stared into his deep eyes.
"Sorry I missed you last night. There were a lot of fans so I signed autographs and then there was traffic," He explained.
"That's fine. Why would I be mad about that?" She rolled her eyes and Brian smiled.
"I know you wouldn't be mad. That's why I love you so much, Baby," He kissed her lips and she sighed.

Brian nodded a hello to Jimmy and Zacky before walking out of the room to get coffee, "Wow...You have no idea, do you?" Zacky asked in disbelief.
"What are you talking about?" She asked.
"You're so caught up in this love with Brian, that you don't even care what happened last night. Once he kissed you and all of your hate and anger went away...He's got you wrapped around his finger," He accused.
"You know nothing about my relationship, Zacky. We may be best friends, but that doesn't mean you can just start making assumptions about my relationship with Brian," She snapped.

She stood up and walked out of the room and into the kitchen area. Brian was on the phone and his eyes widened when he saw her, "I gotta call you back later," He said, quickly hanging up the phone.

He leaned back onto the counter and Anna wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his shoulder, "Are you going to stay with me tonight?" She asked and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.
"Well...I made plans with a friend to have dinner..." He trailed off and Anna looked up at him, sadness in her eyes, "I'll call and see if they can reschedule," He smiled, giving her false hope.
"I love you," She whispered and he smiled.
"I love you too," He replied and kissed her.

He grabbed his cup of coffee with one hand and grabbed Anna's hand with the other. They walked out of the kitchen, smiling. When they walked into the studio Zacky raised an eyebrow at Anna, and she stuck her tongue out at him.