Her Lipstick

Three

Brian yawned and turned on his side to wrap his arms around Anna. When he felt nothing he opened his eyes, "Anna?" He called and sat up and rubbed his eyes. He got up and walked to the mirror. Most of the red lipstick had rubbed off in his sleep, but he washed away any remaining evidence before going to search for Anna.

"Anna?" He called and noticed the guest bedroom door open. He groaned and peeked inside and saw Anna, fast asleep with tear crusted cheeks. He walked over and sat down on the bed beside her, "Baby, please don't be mad at me," He sighed and she opened her eyes. They were filled with pain and exhaustion. She just looked at him and he leaned down to kiss her, but she turned away, "Don't do this," He was starting to get angry.
"You brought it on yourself," She mumbled into the pillow.
"Why are you acting like this? What, you think I'm cheating on you?" He asked.
"No," She whispered.
"Then what the fuck is wrong?"
"I don't know, Brian!" She exclaimed and sat up, "I want you with me but I don't want to be clingy. We've been together for almost two years and I feel like you don't love me anymore," She said, tears threatening to fall again. He wrapped her in his arms and sighed.
"I'll always love you, Baby. You should know that you're my whole life," He said softly and she nodded.

"C'mon, let's get ready and head to the studio," He suggested before getting up and walking back to the room.

Anna dressed in a pair of jeans and a simple band shirt before meeting Brian downstairs, "Feel better?" He asked, wrapping her in his strong tattooed arms and she melted.

He smirked as he felt her loosen up in his arms. She couldn't see the sly smirk on his lips, all she could feel was love. He pulled away and grabbed her hand before walking out the door.

Everyone was already at the studio, including Zacky. The studio was quieter than usual and they went straight to work. Brian finally finished his solo and was somewhat satisfied as Anna added it onto the track, "Alright, Rev, let's see what you got," She smirked.
"Fuck you!" He screamed and everyone laughed as he ran into the recording boot.
"You ready, Rev?" She asked.
"Fuck you!" He screamed again and she pressed record.

The drums took the longest, because of Jimmy being Jimmy and messing up too much, "Do you mind? I would like to get this song done within th millennium," Anna laughed.
"Fuck you!" He screamed back, playing the drum part perfectly.

"Alright, Guys, Scream is done," Anna smiled.
"Yes! What are we working on next?" Matt asked.
"Hm. A Little Piece of Heaven," Anna looked at her checklist.
"I'm so excited, Dude," Matt exclaimed.

"Well, we'll start first thing in the morning," Anna started explained what was going to be done first when Brian's phone rang.

Without a word he walked out of the room and answered it, "Hello?" He answered.
"Hey, Baby," The girl's voice cooed.
"I thought I told you not to call me at work?" Brian was frustrated, he didn't notice Zacky standing in the corner, arms crossed with a disappointed look on his face.
"Well, just missed you that's all. How about you come over right after work and we have a nice time in the jacuzzi," She suggested and he smiled.
"Alright. I'll leave right from work," He promised.
"Bye."
"Bye, Baby. See you soon," Brian smirked and hung up.

He pocketed his phone and without warning he heard slow clapping from behind him. He turned around and saw Zacky, clapping with a look of disbelief on his face, "I'm impressed, Man," Zacky started, "Honestly, everything from one girl to another. I know I wouldn't be able to sneak around right under her nose, but hey if you got the technique," He shrugged.
"Listen, Vengeance, I don't care what you know about my girlfriend or how long you've known her, but you won't tell her anything. Got it?" He jabbed a finger into Zacky's chest.
"Let her find out on her own? Because you know she will," He challenged.
"It's just a little side relationship," Brian explained.
"What, don't want to settle down like you should?"
"What about you, Zacky? You haven't been laid in years and we all know that," Brian smirked.
"I have dignity and respect, Syn."
"Yeah, well I have needs, Zack."
"Needs for lust? Listen, I'm not going to tell her, but if she asks or comes crying to me about you, I won't hold back."
"That won't be happening anytime soon."

Zacky shook his head before turning around and walking back out to the studio. Brian followed and kissed Anna on the cheek, "Listen, I have a meeting with some guys at the label so can you get a ride home?" He asked.
"Uh...Yeah, it's fine," She lied.
"Okay, I have to go. I'll see you tonight," He smiled and gave her a quick peck on the lips before walking out the door.

"Still won't believe it?" Zacky asked when everyone was gone and she turned to him, tears in her eyes.
"Can I get a ride home?" She asked softly and he sighed.
"I guess," He nodded and she laughed.

He put an arm over her shoulders and they walked out to the car, "We'll pick up some food and watch a movie," He grinned.
"You don't need to take care of me," She said.
"Anna, you've been alone every night for the past few months. C'mon, you can have fun too. Let's just watch a movie... Remember the good 'ol days?" He asked and gave her a nudge.
"Yeah, when there was no drama in the world," She sighed.

They picked up food from Pick Up Stix and drove home. They sat on the floor eating straight out of the cardboard boxes watching the Kill Bill movies.

At around ten o'clock the movie was still playing and they were eating ice cream when the door opened. Brian stumbled in, laughing at his own drunken state, "Hey, Baby!" He exclaimed loudly. Anna stood up and put an arm around him, "Zacky, my man! How's it goin' buddy?" He laughed and Anna rolled her eyes.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Anna...Take care of yourself, Syn," Zacky said, letting himself out.

"Why did you drink so much?" Anna asked as she rubbed her boyfriends back while he emptied his stomach into the toilet.
"I'm sorry, Baby," He slurred as he stood up and grabbed his toothbrush.
"You've said sorry too many times, Syn," She sighed and he made his way to the bed.

He fell into the bed, still dressed in his clothes. She sighed and sat next to him and he put his head on her thigh. She ran her fingers through his hair and he started to snore. She leaned back and he still leaned on her. He shifted in his sleep so he could wrap his arms around her.