Eden, the Dreamers Last Remnant

Chapter Two

“Please, I mean no harm.” For some reason the intruders whispers weren’t reassuring.
I struggled in his grasp, thrashing about. His hands were like iron, there was no way I could peel either of them off with one hand.
“I beg you! Cease…” His whisper became a plea, gentle against my ear. He was panting. I could feel his heart pounding against my back every time he took a shallow breath. Why would a robber be panicking like this? It was obvious that he’d never done this before. His heart was beating faster than mine!
“I beg you! Please listen to my words!” He was still whispering, but judging his voice, he couldn’t have been much older than me. I stopped trying to break loose, because there was no way to over power him. As I held my arms still I noticed that the kid was shaking. Terribly.
He let out a tiny gasped and removed his hand. I sucked in a breath of air promising myself that I’d scream as soon as the kid told me why he was in my bedroom. I turned to question him, but he was gone. My eyes darted around the room, searching for a silhouette, a glitter of color, anything.
“Do not be brazen with me, please.” I heard his soft voice in front of me. He was in the shadows, so I couldn’t see him well, but he looked hunched over, his head hanging. I backed against my nightstand and gathered my courage.
“What do you want? I don’t have anything valuable, if you’re after jewelry you’ll have to try closer to town.” I felt my voice break into panic towards the end. The figure seemed to perk up when I finished. His bare feet shone in the moonlight.
“Jewelry?” His hushed voice questioned. He took another step into the moonlight. It slashed his body in half, keeping his face unknown. He was still breathing heavily, like his lungs weren’t pumping enough oxygen. I know I shouldn’t have but my teen instincts kicked in and I let my eyes wonder over his bare chest and arms. They looked perfectly sculpted and strong. His kind voice didn’t seem to match his lean figure. His body quivered as I surveyed him and he stepped out of the shadows. I sucked in my breath and held it.
“Am I frightening?” His gentle words sounded pained and hurt. I swallowed and shook my head. He was quite the opposite. He took another step towards me, his raven colored hair seemed to glimmer and shine with bursts of the rainbow. He was biting his lip, and his amber eyes screamed wary and unsure. He was about a head taller me. He kept looking to the side rather than at me, one had clinging to the others forearm, like he felt awkward in his skin. I felt a pang of sorrow hit me. He looked so guilty and sad. He took another step then froze, in the middle of the room. Completely submerged in the moons rays. He looked at me for an instant, freezing my breathing and thoughts, then he looked back to the floor.
“I…have I finally found you?” His gaze was locked on the floor, but I knew he was talking to me. I took a step towards him, but he retreated. “Who exactly are you looking for?” I asked, leaning my body closer, trying to catch his eyes with mine. He flinched at my words and closed his eyes. I drew back, unsure of what to say. “You can hear me. You can understand me.” He nodded to his feet. I arched an eyebrow. That was a statement, not a question.
“Who are you?” My voice seemed to snap him back to reality and he shifted his weight. “My…name is Sid.” He stated. I giggled a little and his face grew panicked. “Sid? Really?” I asked half mockingly. His eyes tore around the room, as if he were looking for a way out. He blinked. “Sid is a perfectly normal human name.” He took a step forward, but his statement seemed more like a question to me. I frowned and he stopped moving again.
“Yeah, sure.” I took another step back. His chest was still pounding, but he looked relieved.
“Then you will come with me.” He was smiling now. A bolt of fear shot through me. I wasn’t going anywhere with this creep. “Um, no. How about I stay and you leave.” I threw on my best glare and steadied myself so I could run down the hall to my parents’ room. Sid’s face twisted with confusion and anguish as he came towards me. “I can not leave with out you.” He reached out for me and I let out an ear shattering scream and I ran to the door.
“Mom! Dad!” I yelled at the top of my lungs praying they’d hear me. I got to their door and flung it open.
Their bed was empty.
Tears pricked at my eyes as I panicked. “Your parents are not here.” Sid stated and placed his hands on my shoulders. The anger was rising now. “That’s obvious! What did you do with them, you sick freak!” I whirled on him, making him stagger back. “I have done nothing to them. It is you who has made them disappear.” His expression was pained.
“And I am no freak.” He half whispered. For some reason that last statement cut me deep. Sid closed his eyes and drew away from me again. I looked to the floor, sorry for what I said. “Will you speak with me?” His voice sounded small. I looked up at him. His eyes were pleading. I half nodded and his face lightened softly. He reached for me, but quickly drew back, his eyes growing distant.
“Not here. We must talk elsewhere.” He was whispering again and looking around. I looked quizzically at him, but didn’t ask.
“Meet me in the forest. When the sun is high in the sky, bleaching out the shadows.” He shivered. “Why should I?” I questioned, unsure of his motives. He began to look panicky. “There is not time now. Please…” He reached out his hand and touched my forehead. A searing hot pain shot through me and everything went white. I felt myself losing consciousness.
“I have found you!” Sid’s soft voice echoed in my head.

I woke up with a scream in my throat.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!! I updated!! 83
I really like Sid, push over shy boys are the best!
I hope you like him too Jayme! lD

Comments?
Questions?