Broken Hearts And Last Goodbyes

You Belong With Me

{Nat's P.O.V:}

I woke up yawning. I looked out my window, seeing that it was still dark out and looked at the clock.

2:00 A.M

“Whoa, I wake up at weird times..” I whispered to myself. I looked around seeing Melanie, Fear, and Krista sleeping in their bunks.

I got up taking my hoodie and slippers. I walked out the door closing it quietly.

It was so dark outside, the moon was shining, it looked so gorgeous. I kept walking trying not to be seen, until I got to the lake. Someone was there, I saw their figure. I didn't want to scare the person, but I think I might have.

“Who's there?” the person asked and I came a little bit closer.

“Nat..” I mumbled and the person got up. “Luke? What are you doing here?”

“I'm always here at night. I went every night last year,” he stated. “Wanna sit down?”

“Sure!”

I sat down and took off my slippers letting my feet get in the water.

“Why are you up so late?” he asked doing the same thing I'm doing with the water.

“I woke up out of no where, and wanted to walk around,” I stated and he nodded.

“I took some cookies from the kitchen.” when he said that I noticed some of them in his hand. I rolled my eyes taking one.

“You are so juvenile. I mean you steal cookies, that's horrible!” I yelled and he laughed.

“Hey at least I have something to eat, not like you having nothing,” he whispered.

“Why are you whispering?” I asked.

“We're not supposed to be out at this time.”

“Oh right, I forgot.”

“Obviously!” he joked and I rolled my eyes. I shivered and snuggled into my hoodie. “Are you cold?”

“Mmhmm,” I mumbled and he looked around.

“You should get some rest, its really late,” he announced and I shook my head.

“NEVER!! I WILL NEVER FALL ASLEEP!” I yelled and he covered my mouth.

“Shh, I told you, we're not allowed to be up..” he whispered and when he let go I started to giggle.

“Sorry Luke.” he suddenly chuckled and I giggled again. I suddenly felt nervous, I looked at him and he was looking down at the water.

“Its really nice tonight,” he admired and I nodded, agreeing with him.

“Yes, the moon looks very nice.” Luke took a rock and tossed it at the water, skipping three times.

“Luke?” I asked and he looked at me.

“Yes?”

There was a moment of silence for a second.

Should I tell him? Would he feel the same way? Would he just stay silent? Would he not be friends with me anymore? Would he feel awkward around me? Would this ruin our friendship?

“Umm..are you tired?” I asked fast, deciding not to tell him, but he just sighed. I didn't understand why though.

“No, not really. I'm used of being up so late.”

“Oh.”

“Nat?” he asked and I nodded.

“Do you know anything about your mother?” he asked unexpectedly. I stared at him for a second. He's the only person I told about how much I want to meet her and why she left.

“You mean other than what I told you?” I asked and he nodded. “Hmm..well I know she has brown hair, and looks exactly like me. But that's all I know.”

“What if your mother and your dad had twins, like you and someone else?” he replied and I thought for a moment.

That could be possible, but my daddy never told me about having a sister or a twin. What if he was hiding it from me? He tells me everything though.

“My dad tells me everything, he wouldn't hide that from me,” I stated and he shook his head.

“He could be trying to protect you from something,” Luke stated and I bit my lip.

“I don't think so..”

“Think about it,” he mumbled and I sat there, thinking about what he just told me. This may explain the encounter Luke had with this “clone of me” he supposedly saw.

“I'm sorry Luke, but I don't think he would hide a twin from me. I trust him, like you trust me..and I trust you..” I bit my lip, blushing a little. Luke looked at me, showing the same expression I did. He let out a little smile, and I giggled, unknowingly.

“Are you tired?” he asked, when I let out a little yawn.

“Not really, just a little..nervous..” I mumbled, letting my eyes droop closed. My head rested on his shoulder and I opened my eyes a little, seeing Luke smiling at me. He suddenly looked at the water and everything went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
UPDATED!
Read ?
Comment ?
Subscribe ?
Thankies !
xoxo,
NATAH ! ;D