Collision

Hogwarts Express

"Harper, you better get up or I'll tell Mum to leave without you!" a rough voice called out.

The door slammed shut. Harper groaned as she felt her walls shake from the rough slam. With one hand, she rubbed at forehead, pushing back her chocolate colored bangs. She then decided to get up. If they left without her, she wouldn't be the happiest person. And somehow, she didn't doubt that they would leave without her.

She sleepily rose from bed and let a yawn escape her pouted lips. The sun was shining brightly through her pale cream curtains, casting a soft glow on her already pale skin.

"Today's the day," she whispered to herself.

Harper quickly dressed into her school uniform and pulled her wavy brown hair back with a small, gold ribbon. She smoothed down her gray and burgundy skirt once before she checked herself in the mirror. A pair of auburn eyes stared back at her through the reflection. She smiled and smoothed down her hair.

"Good enough," Harper stated.

Harper began to walk out of her room, when she ran into her bigger brother, Peter. He smiled at her sleepily and put a hand on her shoulder.

"You ready for your fifth year?" he asked her.

"Of course," she replied eagerly.

Peter captured her in a tight hug. "Make me proud, alright?"

"I will," she promised, smiling up at her dark haired brother.

Peter let go of his younger sister and let her bound down the stairs, her long hair chasing after her as she turned the corner into the front room.

Harper's mother and other big brother, Sean, were waiting in the front room. Her mother glared at her daughter and ordered her to hurry up and get her bags. Harper quickly fetched them from the hall.

It was the perfect day. The sun was outside shining brightly as if saying nothing bad could happen that day. Harper grinned at this weather. But, her mood dampened when her brother pushed her out of the way to get his bags into the carriage.

"Move," he grumbled.

"You," she shot back, her autumn eyes narrowed in a glare.

"Knock it off, you two!" their mother hissed.

Harper and Sean loaded their trunks into their carriage. Mrs. Ferry handed the driver a few Galleons. He grunted and gave the horses a little flick with his reins. They began to ride away quickly from their beautiful mansion, sending the corners of Harper's lips downwards.

Harper had always been very close to her big brother Peter. However, he had left Hogwarts last year and was getting ready to open up a new store in Diagon Alley. She was stuck with her rude and rather obnoxious brother", Sean, who was a sixth year at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

All of the Ferrys had been Slytherins; well, all of them except for Harper. In her first year, she had been put into Gryffindor. Her family wasn't pleased at all by this news. Peter had been very glad that she had been put into that house, but the rest of her family began to slowly pretend she wasn't there; like she was just a ghost.

Soon enough, the carriage had stopped by King's Cross. The three hopped out and quickly hurried to Platform 9 3/4. They swiftly walked through the brick column and met the side of a large scarlet train. Harper grinned and looked around, hopping to spot familiar faces. When she thought she had seen one, her mother's bony hand grabbed her shoulder.

"Goodbye," she said, looking just above her daughter's eyes.

Harper swallowed a lump of pain in her throat. "Bye, Mum."

Harper hopped up onto the bus and hurried to find a seat. When she located her friends, she grinned and threw open the doors.

"Harper!" Two red-headed boys jumped up from their seats to wrap their arms around Harper.

"Hey Fred, hey George!" Harper replied, laughing.

"How you been?" Fred asked.

"We sent you letters," George said.

"Loads!"

"Mum wouldn't let me open any of them, you know she hates anyone who isn't from Slytherin. Besides, the Malfoys have already told her that you Weasleys aren't much good," Harper said.

"I oughta show Malfoy some of our new tricks," George said bitterly.

"How about our new Pus Pops? He'll be having pus pour out of his face for weeks!" Fred said, pulling out what looked like lollipops from his back pocket.

"Nah, save them," George replied, shrugging.

Harper smiled and sat down beside her two friends. Fred handed her a Chocolate Frog and stared at her brightly.

"Did you bring Bug?" Fred asked her.

"No, Peter said he'd send him to me with his first letter," Harper replied.

Bug was Harper's pet owl. He had gotten the name bugs for his strange obsession with, well, bugs. The little gray owl would always bring different types of bugs back to Harper. Harper hated bugs, but she dealt with it for her little owl.

"Where's Lee?" Harper asked.

"Off to go get some more Licorice Wands I suppose," George said.

Just then, a knock on their compartment door surprised them all. The three fifth years jumped and turned to see a tall boy standing there. He grinned at them, his dark eyes sparkling in the light from the window.

"Oliver Wood."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter!! Haven't done a Harry Potter Fanfic in a long time. Glad to be back. :)