Collision

Classes

Harper rubbed at her eyes and stretched out her arms. The sun was shining brightly through the castle windows and birds were chirping softly outside. Harper's lips spread into a smile as she got out of bed. She began to get ready for her first day of classes, when one of her roomates stopped her.

"Harper, I have a question."

Harper turned around to see her roomate, Jill McVane, hesitating. Her hazel eyes were looking down upon the dark, wood floors.

"Yes?" Harper asked softly.

"You're friends with George Weasely, right?" Jill questioned.

"Yeah, how come?" Harper replied.

Jill lifted her head to look at her, biting her lip. "Do you think you could introduce us?"

Harper grinned and nodded at her. Jill's face automatically glowed as she grinned back. She thanked Harper many times before hurrying down the stairs into the common room. Harper quickly dressed and ran a brush through her waves of chocolate brown hair. Setting her silver brush down, she slipped on her shoes and began to hurry down the stairs as well.

Jill gathered her books and together, the two Gryffindor girls headed towards the Great Hall for breakfast. The room was buzzing happily with the voices of hungry students, anxious to start their classes. The two took their seats across the Weasley twins.

"Morning," Harper greeted them as she took an apple from a golden tray in front of her.

"Morning," the twins both replied before eating a spoonful of their oatmeal.

"Oh, Fred, George, this is my friend Jill," Harper said, smiling at the dark haired girl next to her.

"Hi," Jill said shyly, smiling at George.

"Hi!" The two replied, smiling brightly at her.

Jill blushed a light shade of pink and began to eat her biscuits and gravy happily. As Harper ate her own meal, she overheard Hermione lecturing how important it was to start the day off with a good meal to Harry. He insisted he wasn't hungry, but Hermione kept persisting, as usual. Harper chuckled and finised up her breakfast quickly.

"Come on, let's get to class," Harper said, getting up from her seat.

George and Fred joined her, waving goodbye to Jill. Jill's lips, once again, broke out into a wide grin. Harper chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Fred asked.

"Oh nothing," Harper replied.

Fred shrugged and let it go, knowing that if Harper didn't want to say something, you wouldn't be able to get it out of her easily.

To their luck, Defense Against The Dark Arts was their first class of the day. They took seats in the middle of the class. George and Fred went about to talking to other students, but Harper stared up at the front of the class.

Their new teacher, Professor Lupin, wasn't like the past Defense Against The Dark Arts teachers they'd had before. His clothes seemed to be a bit tattered and aged. Even his face looked worn out and tired. Yet, he smiled happily at the class.

"Good morning, class!" Professor Lupin called out.

"Good morning," the class replied.

Professor Lupin smiled and began going over their first lesson: Dragons. Harper carefully took notes while the twins paid attention, but every once in a while, turned their heads to look out of the windows instead.

After half an hour, however, the class ended. All of the students hastily picked up their books and began to head off to their next class. Harper, however, took her time. She gathered her books and began to walk out of class when she noticed Professor Lupin staring at her.

"Have a good day, Professor Lupin," Harper said, staring at him curiously.

"You too, Miss Ferry," Professor Lupin replied, nodding at her.

The brunette sent him a small smile before walking out of class to collide with the back of George. He hushed her and pointed over to a doorway. In front of it lay a small, flashing, red ball. When the door opened, a tall, Slytherin girl began to walk out, her head held high. But, when she stepped upon the small ball, it exploded, enclosing her in a large cloud of gold and red smoke.

When the smoke spread out from her, everyone watched as her body became dyed a bright shade of red. She screamed and ran away, her eyes set in a furious glare. The twins chuckled and high fived one another. The crowd chuckled and then began heading out to their next classes once more.

Luckily, it was Quidditch Tryouts for Harper and her friends. They hurried back up to their dorms, fetched their broomsticks, and then ran happily out to the Quidditch field. A few other people were there, along with the team from last year.

"Hi, Harper!" Katie Bell yelled from the center of the field.

Harper waved back happily and grinned with all of her pearly white teeth. When they reached the center, Harper stood beside the twins and Harry, facing Oliver, who was once again the team captain.

"Hello, everyone," Oliver greeted. "Alright, well, today we'll be running tryouts. You will all be split up onto two teams and from there, I will judge who gets to pass on to be part of the Gryffindor team. Am I clear?"

A number of yes's and nodding heads went throughout the small crowd. Oliver nodded and climbed on his broom. Everyone followed his orders and got onto their own broomsticks. Others had some issues with staying on, but Harry, of course was one of the best.

Oliver nodded approvingly and, before giving further instruction, turned the Harper.

"Let's play then, shall we?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I saw the new Harry Potter! :D
Did any of you see it?