Collision

Tryouts and Full Stomachs

Harper sat upon her broom, many feet above the air. The soft breeze blew at the gentle curls in her hair and tickled her skin. But, she remained in the game, keeping her eyes on the quaffle at all times. When Oliver blew the whistle she quickly caught the ball from Katie. With a great surge of speed, she raced across the field and roughly threw it into one of the opposite team's rings. Her team cheered and whistled, but quickly got back into the game.

"Good one, Harp!" George yelled, pointing his club at her.

Suddenly, a large brown object caught Harper's eye. A quaffle zoomed towards George, who was grinning at her, oblivious.

"George, look out!" Harper screamed, pointing at the Bludger.

George quickly turned to his right and smacked the ball roughly. It spun away, heading towards a player on the other time. George yawned.

"All in a day's work, my friend," George said.

Harper laughed and turned her head when she heard Katie call her name. The young girl threw the ball at her. Harper cradled in in her hand and tucked it in her side, flying off towards the other teams goal. When she reached the ring, she threw it quickly. A grin spread on her lips as she proudly flew away from the ring, feeling victorious.

The tryouts continued until it was almost dark. Oliver was reluctant to stop, but had to according to the rules.

"Alright, thank you very much for trying out. The new team players will be posted tomorrow in the Gryffindor Common Room."

Oliver excused the students and let them go back to their common rooms. He stopped Harry, though, to give him a pat on the shoulder. Oliver smiled that gorgeous smile that made Harper shiver. Harry smiled before hurrying away to meet Ron and Hermione.

"Good game, eh?" Fred asked Harper.

"Yeah, it was fun," Harper replied.

Oliver ran over to them, his Quidditch robes floating behind him as he did so. He caught his breath for a second.

"You three were magnificent," Oliver stated.

"Thanks!" The three said at once.

Oliver turned his dark eyes towards Harper. "You scored some great goals, Harper. You definitely have a great talent at it. Are you going to continue Quidditch after you're out of Hogwarts?"

"Umm, probably not. I was hoping to be an Auror, actually," Harper replied.

Oliver's expression changed from adoration, to surprise. "An auror, really? You'd be an amazing Quidditch player."

"Thanks, but I really do want to help out in the wizarding world. Don't worry, I'll be keeping my broom," Harper said, smiling.

Oliver's lips spread back into a grin. "Well, if I get onto a team, I expect you to be there to cheer me on."

Oliver said a quick goodbye before walking away. Harper stared after him, her mouth open slightly. Fred and George were laughing hysterically. They leaned against Harper; they could barely stand they were laughing so much.

"Well, if I get onto a team," Fred immitated.

"I expect you to be there to cheer me on!" George finished, bending over to laugh more.

"Oh shut up!" Harper scolded them, pushing them away from her and onto the ground.

Harper began to walk off of the field, the two Weasley twins stumbling in after her. The three fifth years dropped off their brooms before heading to the Great Hall for another welcoming dinner.

"So how were they? Rough?" Seamus Finnegan asked Harper.

"No, not at all rough," Harper replied, her voice coming in short breaths.

She quickly took a drink of water from her goblet and piled some pasta onto her golden plate. For one, Harper actually seemed to fit in with the Weasley twins. They all dug into their dinner, not speaking to anyone. They were far too hungry from the long practice.

Once dinner was over, Fred, George, and Harper slowly made their way up to their dorms. But, it was hard with full stomachs. When they approached the fat lady's painting, Harper cleared her throat.

"Felix Felicis," Harper muttered.

"Correct," the fat lady replied, letting them inside. But, as the three stumbled in, she rolled her eyes.

"Oh dear Merlin, why did we eat so much?" Fred groaned.

The three were spread out on the ground and couches in the Gryffindor common room. Harper rested her head on Fred's lap, holding onto her stomach and keeping her eyes shut. The world seemed to be spinning.

"Because you're bloody idiots, that's why."

"Oh shut it, Ron," George hissed at his younger brother.

Ron laughed softly before walking up the stairs with what seemed to be Harry. George sighed to himself. Harper opened her eyes to see George staring at her, smiling.

"What?" she asked.

"You should have seen your face when Oliver told you to come to his games if he's famous," George stated, laughing to himself.

"You looked as if you had taken a major dose of a love potion!" Fred laughed.

"Oh shut it," Harper muttered.

Fred laughed at her and smoothed down her hair. Just as Harper had become relaxed again, Fred stopped.

"You've got to be less obvious, Harp," he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha I liked this chapter.
Cute, eh?

Comments = lots of lovage. :3 <3<3<3