Collision

The Three Broomsticks

Before they even knew it, a week of classes had already passed. On their first day off, George, Fred, and Harper decided to get away from Hogwarts for a while by visiting the nearby town of Hogsmeade.

Harper quickly grabbed her warm pea coat and hurried down the steps to the Common Room. The twins were already waiting for her, but they were not alone. Ginny smiled shyly at Harper and gave her a small wave.

“Are you coming with us, Ginny?” Harper asked sweetly.

“No, I’m not old enough yet,” she answered, her soft pink lips in a half frown.

“Cheer up, you’ll be able to go next year,” George said, smiling down at his little sister.

Ginny nodded and shrugged before heading back to her dorm. Harper slid on her coat and hooked arms with the twins. They walked down the corridors of Hogwarts, laughing with one another and occasionally greeting friends and acquaintances that they passed by in the hall. When Harper noticed a familiar pale Slytherin boy to her right, she walked faster and ducked her head.

“What?” Fred asked.

“Malfoy,” Harper replied, rolling her eyes.

“Nasty little twit, isn’t he?” George replied lightly.

Harper nodded. But her foul mood from Malfoy turned right in the other direction when they got out to the courtyard. Outside, the skies were cloudy and a soft wind swept into the cobblestone courtyard. Leaves scattered across the ground and through the air as if they were in a ballet. Harper smiled to herself. Autumn had always been her favorite season.

“So where first?” George asked as they entered the busy streets of Hogsmeade.

“How about the Three Broomsticks?” Fred suggested.

“Sounds fine by me, I wouldn’t mind being able to see Madam Rosmerta,” George chuckled.

Harper gasped and pushed George away, laughing at him. He shrugged but chuckled as his twin agreed with him. Harper had an idea that it was just a thing with the Weasley boys. All of them seemed to like the owner of the always-busy bar.

When they entered the bar, it was busy like always. Many of the Hogwarts students, year three and up, were seated with their friends, chatting and laughing animatedly. Harper offered to get the butterbeers while Fred and George went to go find a table for them. As Harper waited for the three butterbeers, she fished five Sickles and a Knut from her pocket.

“Just a moment, I can’t find the other Sickle I brought,” Harper told Madam Rosmerta.

“Here,” a voice said.

A small clinking sound on the counter brought Harper’s eyes from her pocket upwards. Just as she was about to tell them it was alright, she paused. The same pair of dark eyes that made her heart race were staring back at her.

“O-Oliver,” Harper said.

“Don’t worry about it,” Oliver stated.

“I have to repay you some way,” Harper said.

Oliver smiled and said, “Alright. Then how about you join me for a butterbeer?”

“Oh, okay,” Harper replied, surprised.

She grabbed the three butterbeers and walked with Oliver back to the table Fred and George had picked out. After the twins had greeted their team captain, Harper handed them their butterbeers.

“Where are you off to?” Fred asked.

“I’m going to sit with Oliver, is that alright?” Harper asked.

“Psh, of course it is!” George exclaimed, looking at her like she was crazy for even asking.

Harper smiled and chuckled. When Oliver turned to take her over to the table he had chosen, Fred and George winked at her and gave her a thumbs up. The fifth year girl’s cheeks turned bright pink as they did so. She joined Oliver at a booth beside one of the windows looking over at where the Hogwarts Express usually dropped them off every year.

“So, Harper, did you check the list yet?” Oliver asked.

“List?” Harper questioned, her head tilted to the side.

Oliver smiled. “The list of people who got on the Gryffindor quidditch team?”

Harper slapped her forehead lightly, her mouth ajar. “Oh my god, how could I have forgotten?”

“Don’t worry, you made it,” Oliver chuckled.

“Really?” Harper asked excitedly.

“Of course.” Oliver replied. “I couldn’t ever leave you off of the team.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's pretty short!
But I thought I needed to at least update a little.
Don't worry, the next one will be longer, I pinky promise. :)