Harder Than You Know

No Sleep and Secrets Told

Nightmare’s POV

At about 4:45am there was a loud knock on our door. I heard Max yell “Come on girls it’s time to rock!” I pulled myself up off the couch. I guess it was a good thing they were early. Another fifteen minutes and I would have been out. Stupid Angel was bouncing up and down like she was a freak or something. I looked at her “You didn’t sleep either. Why do you look like a fucking pop tart?” She rolled her eyes at me. “Get up and get your bags Nightmare. We are touring with the best band ever!” Vengeance was already out the door. I dragged my bags out the door. The driver helped load them. I just stood there staring. “What the hell? How are we all going to smash into one bus?” Craig laughed and said, “It’s ok Nightmare. It’s double Decker. There is way more room than what it looks like.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the bus. I looked around thinking he was right. Not bad. Craig took me and showed me the bunk area. All of Dysfunctional Family would be crashing on the bunks on the upper level while the guys had the lower ones. “Dude, you realize that we are not morning girls. Well Angel is. Give Vengeance a Monster and a bag of Gummy Bears and she is fine after that. Sunshine, don’t talk to her until the sun has been up for at least four hours.” Craig laughed. “What about you Nightmare?” I looked at him with my evil face “I’m a bitch until the sun goes down.” Vengeance peeked around the corner “Craig she is always a bitch! Hand her coffee with some Jack and she’s good to go.” I glared at her “Bite the head bitch! You drink just as much as I do when you are in party mode!” She rolled her eyes at me “Yeah! I am just not in party mode every day.” Craig was laughing at us. He thought Vengeance was a laugh a minute.
We unpacked all our shit and I was so ready to sleep. But hell no! Robert came in and said “Come on Nightmare we need you in the lounge.” I groaned “Fuck me! Don’t you people ever sleep?” Robert laughed “Yeah, we slept last night.” I slowly made my way out there. “What do you people want me for now?” Max grabbed my hand “Nightmare follow me!” He dragged me to his bunk. I was thinking Uhm no dude wrong girl. He pushed me down and asked “What can you tell me about Vengeance? I really like her.” I laughed. “She is different. Although we all are a little on the random side. She is the sweetest one of us. She only drinks when she is in party mode. Her parents suck! They threw her out as soon as she told them she wanted to sing. They are rich snobs that wanted her to go to college. Her mom and my mom are best friends. We’ve known each other since we were very little. I swear to you Max you hurt my girl and I will tear your ass limb from limb! She puts on a mean bitch attitude but she really is a sweet girl.” Max looked me right in the eye “Nightmare I would never do that to her. I really like her. So what is your story? I don’t think you are the bitch you pretend to be.” I laughed at him. “Yeah? We will see about that. NOW can I go to bed?” “Not until you tell me about you.” I groaned this shit wasn’t going to leave me alone so I better tell him a little something. “Fine! My parents are snobs too. They hate our music, they hate my blue tips on my hair, and they never paid attention to any of their kids. I’m a hard core bitch because of them. I drink to forget boarding school. Ok, happy now? Now can I go to sleep?” He nodded and I headed to my bunk. The other girls were out cold. I didn’t even pull my blanket over me. I was out before my head hit the pillow.

Vengeance POV

I was so mad. I was still awake when Robert called Nightmare to talk to Max. He’s my hottie. Why does everyone like Nightmare so damn much? All of this was on my mind when I drifted off to sleep. I had dreams about Max all night. Or should I say day. I woke up with the feeling someone was watching me. I sat straight up bumping my head! “Craig? What the hell are you doing sitting on my bunk watching me sleep?” He blushed. “Well I……..I was wondering. Does Nightmare have a boyfriend or anything?” Oh great! Max and Craig are going to fight over Nightmare. “NO! Why do you like her too?” He looked confused “Yeah, I like her a lot. Who else likes her?” I glared at him. “Max. He always wants to talk to her.” Craig laughed “Oh Vengeance honey. No! Max likes you. I know this is a little lopsided. You are more like me and she is more like Max but shit, the heart wants what it wants. I think Nightmare is crazy and fun.” Did I just hear Craig right? Max likes me? Yes! I threw my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. “I think you and Nightmare would be perfect. She needs someone to take care of her. She really is not as bad as she makes out. She’s just been hurt badly before. You see Craig. Nightmare was totally in love with Gerard Way from MCR. They dated for two years and he dumped her flat for Lyn-z. I don’t know if she will be very trusting at first. Whatever you do don’t tell her I told you about this. She really would kill me. Just have some patients she’ll come around. Soo…Max likes me? Really? You aren’t just saying that are you. I would hate to have to kick your ass.” Craig smiled “I wouldn’t do that to you. You know where I sleep for God’s sake.” I laughed and Craig snapped. “Oh shit! Nightmare is in the next bunk! Do you think she heard us?” Vengeance giggled. “No she hasn’t slept so she is out cold. Besides she has her MP3 player stuck in her ears with Tokio Hotel blasting. I could scream at her and she won’t hear me.” Craig looked relived, “Come on, let’s talk up front.” We went to the lounge area and sat on the couch. Craig looked at me with sad eyes. “How did Nightmare meet Gerard?” I sighed “Well, she met him at a concert. Our manager Patrick introduced them. We were just starting out. Gerard was a heavy drinker and that got her started. Not as bad as he was because she always felt the need to take care of him. Everyone thought for sure that they would get married. He always told her he wanted to marry her, until he met Lyn-z. She caught them together. They broke up and then he dumped Lyn-z wanting Nightmare back. She forgave him and all was well for like a year. Then he did it again. Same girl. It destroyed Nightmare. That’s when she really started drinking. She isn’t that bad anymore but she could get that way again really easy.” Craig looked out the window “That sucks! He’s suck a dick.” Little Miss Sunshine burst thru the door. “Bitch! Nightmare is going to fucking kill you! How could you tell him that?” I looked guilty as hell. “Don’t tell her then. Sunshine Craig likes Nightmare. He needs to know and he won’t say anything.” She stomped her foot. “Well when Max asked about you she didn’t tell him any of your shit with Frankie!” Now I was really feeling guilty. Sunshine and I argued for a little while before Nightmare and Angel walked out. Nightmare looked at the two of us “What the fuck is your problem? Not even at the first venue and you bitches are fighting?” Sunshine and I looked at each other with the shut it looks. I mumbled “Nothing Nightmare, we are cool.” Sunshine agreed and Craig smiled and asked her if she wanted something to eat. He made us all some pancakes and we just sat and ate until the rest of ETF woke up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is. I hope you like it. Gave you some back info on why the girls are like they are. Comment please. No there will be no MCR. Just back story.