‹ Prequel: As My Tears Turn Red
Status: I have writers block...soo...Hiatus

Playing The Game Without Any Rules

Chapter 1

Trek:

Trek wandered the park not too far from his apartment.

He remembered the times with the rest of his group back when she was still alive.

Lillith; he missed her more then she would ever know.

It was his deepest secret; the one know one else knew.

He had loved her.

Of course he would never say anything though, especially to Kay, the leader of their group and one of his best friends, also having feelings for her.

Since her death, Trek took to excluding himself.

He rarely ever talked; well he didn’t much in the first place but now even less than that.

He sat on a swing and studied the ground.

Even with his ability to sense people he didn’t notice when someone bounded into the swing next to him.

The chains rattled and he looked up.

A teen girl sat there.

She had brown hair with a slight splash of red in it, and deep green eyes.

He didn’t really care though, and went back to looking down.

“Hi.” Her voice was chirpy and bright causing Trek to cringe.

“Hey.” He looked at her and as the wind blew and got a whiff of her scent.

She was a fallen too.

He gave her an odd look, raising an eyebrow and she mirrored it in a funny mocking way.

The look actually gained a chuckle from Trek.

Laughing was something Trek didn’t do often and he hadn’t at all in the year following Lilith's death.

Now here he was chuckling at a random stranger!

In an odd way the girl reminded him a lot of Lillith.

He had never met her before and here he was feeling as though he had known her for years.

As though she was his best friend.

He looked right into her eyes and the world seemed to stop.

How could this be possible?

“Lillith?” Trek questioned in a soft whisper almost inaudible.

She heard him though.

“Uh, my names Ainsley.” The girl spoke back confused.

“That’s an interesting name.” He tried to recover from his previous thoughts.

“So is Trek.” Ainsley replied and then gasped, “I don’t know how I knew that.”

Trek’s eyes got wide before he burst out laughing.

“You feel it too, don’t you?” He referred to the feeling of knowing each other as though they always had; As though it was meant to be.

Ainsley nodded.

“Who would have thought something like this would happen? I’d have ended up on earth and then meeting you here. It seems as though it was all meant to be, but then again it probably was.” Trek smiled as she finished speaking.

This was probably one of the longest conversations he’s had in forever.

“Well I guess anything is possible, we are fallen angels.” Ainsley smiled at him, staring into his blue eyes.

“Yeah and we won’t be here forever. We’ll be back up as Angels in no time.” He smiled at how optimistic she was and once again he couldn’t help but ask.

“Are you sure your names Ainsley?” She sent him a crooked smile, her brows knitted together in confusion.

“Pretty sure, I mean that’s what I’ve been told since I woke up here on Earth with some other fallens. What reason would they have to lie?” He smiled and shook my head.

“Right, it’s just…” You look so much like Lillith- He didn’t complete that thought however,
“Never mind. So you live around here?”

“Yeah, I live with that group of Fallens I mentioned in a house over the pizza shop in the city. How ‘bout you?” She swung forward dragging her dangling feet in the sand below.

“Oh I live in the apartment complex a little east of here.” He answered standing off the swing,

“You want to go meet some of the other angels?” Her face lit up at that thought and she nodded enthusiastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's a pretty horrible beginning but there it is