The Dream That Changed Everything

The Dream That Changed Everything (2)

I snap up, panting and sweating. I look at my clock and see that I’ve awoken an hour early. I get out of bed and look out my window, the sun has decided to sit just off the edge of the Earth and is lighting the sky a dark blue.
So after I take a shower, blow dry, and flat iron my hair. I get dress in blue skinny jeans, a black tank top, and converses.
I sigh as I sit on my bed and run my hands through my thin brown hair. That was one crazy dream, I have never dreamed of anything like that before. I huff out a bunch of air and look at my clock; I have thirty minutes left. I can hear my mom walking around the hall waking up everyone else. My brother is already awake but Ally takes forever to awake.
Mom knocks on the door and opens it. “Hey, are you ready?”
I nod and look back out the window.
“Abbs, are you okay?” Mom asks walking into my room.
I look up at her and nod again. “Yeah, I’m fine.” I say, my throat is scratchy and I try to clear my throat.
“Are you sure? You sound terrible.” She touches my forehead and shakes her head. “No, you’re not sick.”
“Like I said, I’m fine.” I say standing up and straightening out my shirt.
“Are you excited?” Mom asks with a wide smile.
I smile and nod. “Super,” my cell starts going off. I pull it off the charger and look at the caller ID. I open the phone and put it to my ear. “Hola D, what’s up?”
“I’m outside, did your mom cook?”
I laugh as I glance at my mom. “Hey mom, Dakota wants to know if you cooked anything?”
She smiles even wider and shakes her head. “No sorry, Abbs did you eat?”
I nod, even though I didn’t. Mom leaves my room and I follow behind with my book bag and books. “Sorry bud, but Mom didn’t cook.” I open the front door and close my phone. I smile at Dakota.
He’s in black skinny jeans, a tight band shirt, and around his neck is the scarf in my dream. I hold my breath and look him in the eyes, they’re the same bright blue as the boy in my dream and his hair is the same. Dakota waves his hand in front of my face. “Earth to Abigail, hello? Abby? Are you there?”
I nod and look at Dakota. “Huh? Yeah I’m fine. What? Why wouldn’t I be?”
“I don’t know,” he shrugs. “You ready to go?’
“Yep, let’s go. Mom I’m gone!!” I close the door and follow behind Dakota.
“So, are you nervous?” He asks.
“Nope, not even a little.” I say smiling. We walk the rest of the way joking and laughing until we reach the school. Once we enter we head to our lockers filling them back up with books and other crap. “What’s your first class?” I ask, Dakota, standing next to me.
“Uh…” he looks at his schedule. “Uh…Language Arts, then homeroom. You?”
I look at mine. “Same,” I close my locker, lean against it, and watch Dakota struggle to get everything in his. But I see him, a new boy walking down the hall towards us. He has snakebites and an eyebrow ring over his right eye. My breathing picks up and I’m staring him down as if he has stole something from me.
“Hey, see something you like?” Dakota says, following my eyes and spotting the guy walking toward us. “Abby, you can’t think he’s cute.”
I glance at him sideways. “And why not?” I ask, trying to put annoyance in my voice but failing.
“Cause he looks like a bad boy, you don’t like bad boys.”
I scoff and look at Dakota in shock. “How do you know what I like?”
He just smiles at me as the boy walks by and opens the locker next to mine. I glance at him from the corner of my eye and try taking him in. He’s wearing a dark blue shirt with black skinny jeans and a rosary around his neck. I want to get a better look at it but he opens his locker and all I can see is from his ribs down.
I look at Dakota, who has finally got all of his stuff put away and has the books he needs. “So, what kind of girls do you like?” I ask, as we walk away to our class.
He glances at me then shrugs. “Nice ones, I don’t know, girls that don’t always put their friends before me or me before their friends. Girls that can even everything out.”
I shake my head. “Then you will never be married.” I say, smiling as I skip into the classroom.
Mr. Crane is sitting at his desk with his glasses on and a book in his hand. “Good morning Miss Winters and Mr. Hill and how was your summer?”
“Good,” we say in unison and smile at each other, of course we sit next to each other. Dakota is telling me about how his older brother and some of his friends got arrested for smashing in some windows downtown. His brother is a senior too but he’s nothing like Alex. “When is your brother going to understand that soon he’ll be tried as an adult soon if he doesn’t stop?”
Dakota shrugs. “You know how Jesse is, when he see something he wants he takes it.”
I nod but once people start showing up, we stop talking and start pulling out paper and pencils. I glance up once and see the boy enter the room, my heart flutters and my eyes are glued to him. He hands Mr. Crane a note then looks at everyone coming in, I quickly look at Dakota and try to ignore the boy.
Dakota leans into me and whispers; “That kid is stalking you.” He gives me a devilish smile and sits back in his seat. I stick my tongue out and shake my head.
Mr. Crane stands up and asks for everyone’s attention. I look up but try not to make eye contact with the boy. “This is Andy Black, he is joining us from a Catholic school, so why don’t we all make him feel welcomed.” Somebody must have had raised their hand because Mr. Crane points behind me.
“Is this where we say ‘hi’ at the same time?” I turn and see Lucy Ark ask. Her red lipstick is on perfectly and so is her light pink eye shadow.
Mr. Crane sighs loudly and shakes his head. “No but I would like that you don’t mess with him and welcome him kindly to our school.”
Lucy nods with a slutty smile on her face. Although she was beautiful she was out for almost every guy in school and out.
“Mr. Black please take a seat behind Mr. Hill.”
Dakota glances at me as I look down and pretend that my blank paper is very interesting. When Andy walks by I can smell his cologne and it smells sweet and musky at the same time. I inhale quietly but deeply and enjoy his smell.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, let me know what you think