The Happiness I'm Fakin'

Chapter Four

Image
We've been in New York for about three hours now. It's around 4:30 p.m and Novak and I have been hanging out in my room waiting for Bam and his girlfriend to finish what ever they're doing so we can finally go out somewhere.

"I say we leave." Novak said laying down on the bed.

I just simply stared at the wall in front of me. Why did I come on this trip anyway? I knew it wasn't gonna be what I expected in the beginning. To make a long story short, as soon as we got here Bam worked his charm on his crazy hoe...I mean girlfriend...and she was dazzled. Next thing you know she works HER magic on HIM and now they're in their room doing the nasty...and it is nasty! Thank God their not loud.

"Helloooo-! Are you listening?!" Novak screamed in my ear.
"What!" I yelled back.
"I'm leaving. I've been chick-less for almost ten hours now." He stopped and got off the bed. He walked over to the door and grabbed his sweater off of the coat hanger thingy that stood up by the door. He turned around and looked at me. "You coming?"
"Where are you going?" 'Please say bar!' Was the sentence that kept roaming through my mind.
"I don't know...we'll go sight seeing...and later a bar? Where ever is good enough to score."
I gave him a disgusted look. I hate when they talk about hooking up with bimbos. "How are we gonna get to a bar?" I asked.
"Well...Bam's humping that trash bag so...taxi?" He suggested.
I laughed at him calling Jessica a trash bag. "Oh my God yeah! I totally forgot they had taxi's here."
"You've been in West Chester too long babe. Now, come on!"
"Coming." I mumbled as I lifted myself off the bed I'd be spending the night in.

As Novak and I made our way to the elevator we passed Bam's room. As we did, I thought about how I'd be spending my first day on a trip that I was supposed to be sharing with my best friend...with out my best friend.
Novak and I hopped in the elevator and just as the doors were about to close I looked ahead and saw Bam and Jessica walk out of their room hugging each other. I heard him say to her. "To lunch it is!"
Obviously they were going on a date. Then Bam looked up at the elevator and saw Novak and I on it. He made his way over to us, Novak quickly pressed the first level button letting the elevator doors just close.

"He's bein' a total ass..." Novak said out into the open air.
"I know..." I agreed.

Novak and I stepped onto the sidewalk of a very busy street of Time Square . We waited till we spotted a taxi...this didn't take too long on account of the majority of the cars on the road just happened to be taxis. Novak held his hand up and whistled with the other...no taxi pulled over.
I laughed at Novak's failed attempt.
"Oh! So you think you can do better?" He told me.
"Hmmmm?" I said as I looked at him. I thought about how Bam might be catching up to us so I decided to help him.

I held my arm up and it wasn't long before not one but TWO taxi cabs pulled up to us. I looked over at Novak with a smirk as he stuck his tongue out at me. I laughed at this. So we hopped in the cab and decided we wanted to go to...

"Where are we going?" I asked Novak.
"...I don't know... Where do you wanna go?" He asked me.
"Umm I don't know." I turned to the driver who seemed to be a nice older man."Um excuse me?"
He looked back at me. "Yes honey? Where are you two kids headed today?"
"Uhm that's just it. Heh, you see were from out of town and we were hoping to go sight seeing. Is there anywhere you can suggest?"
"Oh certainly! Have you ever been to Rockefeller Center?" The driver asked.
"I haven't, no...thats sounds nice. Is it far?" I asked dumbly.
"No not at all! You'd love it there." He smiled at us before he pulled out onto the road.

In a short matter of time we arrived at Rockefeller Center. I looked out the window and saw the tree. It might have not been Christmas yet, but they were already setting everything up. I thought about how nice it would look once all the lights were there and all the decorations. It's so beautiful on its own.

"Hey, pay the man!" Novak told me as he was letting himself out of the car.
I glared at him as I handed to man a the amount we owed him. I smiled at him as I did so. "Thank you."
"Anytime!" He said.

I the let myself out as I spotted Novak on the other side of the cab. When the cab drove off in the busy street, I walked over to him and slapped him in the head. "Quit looking at the girl!" I scolded him. He touched the back of his head and gave me a little frown. Then I pinched his the skin on his hand really hard. "And THAT'S for making ME pay YOUR cab fare!" I said as I hopped onto the sidewalk.
"OW!" He screeched back. "Your so aggressive today! I like it." He finished with a smirck.
I turned around and gave him the most creeped out look. "Ew..."

For the next four hours after that Novak and I walked around the city. We were only noticed by a few people. Some approached us, with no shame might I add. And others I assume were nice enough to not walk up to us and demand photos and autographs and such. I'm really not the type of person to be social and stuff, that's why I refuse to take part in Bam's show, even so... people still know who I am. How do you ask? It's that damn internet!
After a few run-in with some fans, a few shopping sprees, and a few cuss words thrown at Novak by a few women for being a pervert, we were on our way to...a bar! Finally! I couldn't wait to get something to drink! Don't get me wrong now, I'm also not really one to drink everyday, it's just things haven't been going so great lately and alcohol has been an escape, not one that I'm proud of though.

As we got to the bar Novak and I both ordered a Jack with Coke.

"You copy cat!" I yelled over at him.
He stuck his tongue out at me. He then checked his phone and then gave a slight frown. "Bam called me like five times..."
"Wow he actually remembered us?" I asked sarcastically.
"Ha Ha! I know right...check your phone?" He motioned towards me.
I did as he said and saw...seven missed calls but only two from Bam.
Novak took the phone away from my grasp and laughed at me as I tried to get it back.
"Bran! No give it back! I'm so not kidding!"
"Ohh! Someone got a text message! Who is it!?" He dodged me once again as I almost fell off my chair.
"NOVAK!" I laughed. "Stop."
"Let me see who it's from! Then I'll give it back." He told me.
I sighed "Fine."
"Ohhhh from the boyfriend." He winked at me.
I only frowned back.
"What's wrong?" He asked more concerned.
"Nothing."
"Chyea! Right." He said.

Before he could play detective on me, a very pretty bartender came by and dropped off our drinks. She gave Novak a sweet smile and said "Here ya go. Anything else I can help you with?"

"No." Novak said bluntly.
I elbowed him. "Um not for now, thanks um..."
She smiled back nicely. "Krista."
"Krista." I confirmed. "Thank you!"
She gave Novak a quick smile before she walked away.

I watched Novak as he sipped his drink and stared down some of the random girls that barely wore clothes that covered them up. I shook my head at him as he caught the attention of one of them.

"Why are you like that?" I asked him
He turned back to me. "Huh?"
"HUH!" I imitated him. "Why were you so rude to that girl...Krissy, or...something." I'd forgotten her name already, what a way to make my point.
"She's not my type!"
"What was wrong with her!? You don't even know her."
"You don't know her either! Looks are deceiving Amberrrr." He slurred.
"Are you slurring already?! Haha! I can't believe you." I told him.
"No! I'm not. I just like saying your name like that." He stuck his tongue out at me AGAIN. "Amberrrrrrr!"
"I'm gonna chop your tongue off." I told him as I sipped my drink.
"Psh! I'd like to see you try." He looked over at an empty booth. "Hey, lets go pop a squat there." He told me as he headed over to the booth.
"Poppa wah?" I said just before he got up and left me for a booth. "Gah!" I whined as I followed.

He took a seat as I slid in the other way.

"MmmMmm! This is cozy!" He yelled catching the attention of a few...what I would call...tarts!
Just as I was thinking so two groups of people that I didn't want to see were headed our way.

"Hey are you Novak?" A groupie said as she planted her ass next to Novak.
"Novak!" Bam yelled.
"Oh my God! Your Bam and YOU are Novak!" The other bimbo squealed as she gave a slight jump in her seat letting her cleavage pop up and down.

I rolled my eyes and took another gulp of my Jack&Coke...the soda fools not the drug.

"Why the hell did you bring Amber to some bar you dumbass."Bam asked Novak as he placed his hands down on the table and hunched over staring from Novak to me.
"Wha...?"Novak didn't finish.
"Wha the fuck are you talking about, Bam!? In case you haven't noticed I'm a big boy now."
"Girl." Novak put his two cents in.
"I was being sarcastic numb nuts." I told him taking another sip of my drink.
"Yeah,-yeah- yeah!" He said back.
"Look! Whatever! Why did you guys leave us at the hotel? " He asked a little calmer.
"You were gonna leave US there. So what's your problem?" I asked him not looking up at him.
He looked behind him to his girlfriend and told her " Lets get our own booth, come on!" He said as he pulled her over to the booth two booths over from us.

"Your even cuter in person!" The groupie continued.

I couldn't take anymore of it. I had to get away from this before I puke. I walked over to the previous spot Novak and I were sitting and surprisingly a seat was available. I sat down and gulped down the last bit of the Jack&Coke. "Well I can honestly say that today sucked." I said under my breath.
"Having a bad day?" Someone asked.
I wiggled my eyebrows a bit before I straightened them up and looked up to see that girl that gave us our drinks. "Oh... yeah. Can I get another one of these? But no soda."
"Heh! Yeah sure." She said as she grabbed my glass and poured more of the liquor in it. "Date went bad, huh?" She asked.
"Huh?" I asked.
She pointed over to Novak.
I looked over to see him slobbering the same bimbo. "Uh! Hell no! He's not my date. He's just a friend. When it gets to “getting his game on'' I make my escape."
"Oh...so he's one of those guys..." She said with a bit of a frown.
"Unfortunately...he's always been."
"I can see. Has he ever had a serious relationship?" She asked.
"One...but that ended pretty fast."
"Oh..."

Suddenly there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head around. "What do you want?" I asked him.
"Why'd you get away from Novak for?" Bam asked.
"He's preoccupied at the moment." I said not turning back around to see that my new 'friend' was no longer there.
"He's not even there Amber. I knew this was gonna happen he left and if I wasn't here right now you would've been left alone and some dumbass would have been hitting on you." He said as he glared at some of the pervs who were staring me down before he got to me.
"You know, Bam-" I stopped as his booth came into view. I looked closely to be sure of what I saw. Jessica gave this random guy a piece of paper and he bent down and kissed her hand.
"Hellooooo! What?" Bam snapped me out of it.
"Huh?"
"You were saying." He said.
I looked over to the booth one more time before my eyes met with Jessica's. She then gave a look of guilt...but I could see right through it. "I can take care of myself."
"Oh can you."
"Yeah asshole I can! Unlike some people I can see what's in front of my own eyes!" I spat at him as I picked myself up from the stool and walked away.

I then realized I had to pee. "G-g-g-great!" I thought. I hate using public rest rooms. Oh well! I have to empty it out...
For some reason the alcohol was kicking in very fast tonight because everything was getting blurry and I haven't felt THIS shitty in a while.

As I made my way to the bathroom I felt the presence of someone behind me. Suddenly I was grabbed by the ass. I quickly turned around to see some older guy. He gave me this disturbing smirk as I swung my fist into his face gashing him in the mouth. He filched his eyes closed as he moved back from me about a foot and held his jaw. I ran into the bathroom and quickly look for a stall. I found the first available one and locked myself in it. I put the toilet seat down and sat on it as I brought my knees into my chest and rested my chin on them. I let a few tears drop from my eyes as I felt some movement in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and looked at the caller ID this time... Danny.

I pressed the green button. "Hello?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever.
Please don't take anything I said about Novak to offense...I don't know the guy personally, this is all just make believe.