The Happiness I'm Fakin'

Chapter Five

Image
"Amber?" Danny asked on the other side of the phone.
I only sobbed.
"Honey? What's wrong? Where are you ? What's all that commotion in the background?" He asked question after question like he always does.
"We're in New York... and-" I couldn't finish my sentence because I choked up on my tears a bit.
"NEW YORK!? We who? Who are you with?" He asked sounding pretty worried.
"BAM is supposed to be with me. THIS was supposed to be our trip Danny...Me and him! We're supposed to be best friends..." I sobbed again.
"Babe?"
"Hmm?" I sniffed rather loud.
"Are you drunk?" He asked calmly as if I were some baby.
"NO! Why is everyone treating me like some kind of a child!?" I yelled as I kicked the stall door in front of me. I calmed down a bit and eased my sobbing. "I'm sorry Danny...I-I just-"
"N-no Honey. Shhh" He comforted me through the phone. "It's okay, alright. It's okay. I'm...I'm gonna come get you okay. "
"...Okay..." I agreed.
"Okay, now. You're gonna have to tell me where you are. Okay? Can you tell me?"
"I'm at... that-that Las Vegas Bar thing."
"In Time Square?" He asked.
"Yeahh- How'd you-?"
"Okay, I know where that is. Okay. I'll be there as soon as possible." He said hurriedly. "I'm leaving right now, okay. Give me a hour, NO fifty minuets! TOPS!....Okay?"
"...Okay." I agreed.
"I love you..." He told me.
I just smiled hearing those words. I can't believe after all of the things he put me through...I can smile at those words...coming form his mouth. I just shut the phone closed.

"I can't stay in this shit hole the whole night." I said to myself as I got up from the seat and walked out.

I stumbled towards the front of the bar, but before I did so I looked around to see if Bam was around. I didn't see him anywhere. Happy that the cost was clear, I continued to make my way to my destination. I took a seat and continued to chug down a few shots of Vodka.
Why did I come here? I thought to myself.

Within the hour Danny had successfully made it to the right bar at the wrong time. I had gotten really drunk. A bartender had order security to get me a taxi and to escort me back to my hotel because he had noticed that I had too much to drink. But thankfully, in my case, Danny arrived just as the security guard brought me outside.

"Hey! Amber!" Danny yelled out to me. He got out of his car and came over to me and the guard who was trying to support up by my arm. "Hey! What'r you doing with her!?" He yelled at the guy.
"You know her?" The guard asked.
"She's my girlfriend." He said before he took me away from the guard's grasp.
"Okaaay- Well your GIRLFRIEND has been doing quite some drinking tonight. Take care of her." Was all the guard said.
"Yeah. I know what to do okay. Thanks." He replied rather rude. Then again Danny is quite rude, that's something I've always hated about him.

The next thing I knew Danny was carrying me to my hotel room. When we got to the door he braised me against the wall and asked me where the key card was. All I did was smile at him as I almost fell over. He tried his best to help me before I fell but was too late. That's all I remember before everything went black.

----------------------------------

I woke up to snoring. Rather loud snoring might I add. I poked my head up to see Danny? What the hell? What kind of a twisted nightmare is this? I rested my now throbbing head back down on my pillow. Did I really call HIM of all people? What the fuck is wrong with me. How do I get out of this one? I tried to pick myself off of the bed but failed due to Danny's grip on me.

"Great..." I whispered to myself.

I moved my arms around a bit as I tired to loosen his arms around my waist. I moved my got my left arm free from under him and turned a bit. I struggled to get my right arm out from under me but I got it out successfully...so I thought. The snoring suddenly stopped and Danny opened his eyes and caught me in my attempt to escape.

"Morning." He said with a genuine smile.
Was this guy for real? I didn't say anything back. I sat up really slowly.
"You feeling okay Honey?"
"Hmm?" I don't know how much more I drank, but I feel insanely dizzy.

I looked up at the clock at the corner of my side of the bed and saw the time. 7:03 a.m. When I turned my head Danny thought it would be a great time to give me a kiss on the neck. I curled my lip into a frown as I grew nauseous. Before he could try to get carried away my stomach lurched as I jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom slipping out whatever was in my stomach into the sink.
After about two minuets of my discomfort, I finally cleaned myself up. I looked at myself in the mirror. I saw that my eyes were slobbered with eyeliner. I looked like a panda! I gave a little giggle thinking about pandas.

"Hey babe! You okay in there?" Danny asked from the bed.
"Thanks for checking on me." I mumbled to myself.
I heard him turn on the TV.

I then dropped my head a little wondering why did I call him as I glanced down at what I was wearing. I ended up doing a double take.

"Where are my pants?" I said in a bit of panic. Oh my God! I hope he didn't do what I think he did! I felt a tear leak down my chin as I looked back up at my reflection. My head began throbbing even more. I walked out of the bathroom and saw that Danny was only in his boxers. He looked up at me as I walked in. I tried to cover myself up as much a possible.

"You okay?" He asked as I walked over to my bag in the corner of the room and pulled out the first pair of pants I could find.
"Where are my pants?" I asked him seriously.
"Wha-?" He sighed as he pulled me towards him on the bed. He held onto my mid-section as he told me "I know your uncomfortable with us having sex at the moment. And I know I hurt you last time about it, and I've learned babe..." I gave him a glare as I slipped my shorts on. "I- we didn't do anything. I promise."
"Then why'd you take off my pants?" I asked calmer.
"Cause I didn't want you to sleep with your jeans. It would have been uncomfortable." He told me.

Just then Bam and Novak came into my mind.

Danny saw the look on my face and asked "What's wrong?"
"Bam and Novak...I have to call one of them." I said as I grabbed my phone but only to see that it was dead. I pulled my hand through my hair and headed back towards my bag. I grabbed my pone charger and plugged it in. As I was connecting my phone to it Danny got up and approached me.
"What do you think your doing?" He asked.
"What does it look like?"I asked as I looked for a outlet. I successfully found one by the lamp on the other side of the bed. I hoped over it and plugged in the charger.
"Why bother calling them? They ignored you the whole time last night." He said with a slight mean look on his face. I had already turned my phone on. Danny came over to me and gently took the phone out of my hands and placed it on the side table. "Forget about them. They didn't care about you last night. That's why I came. I care." He said as his facial expression changed to a softer one. I just stared at his face as it came crashing down on mine. Our lips met and I almost completely forgot about calling Novak...or Bam.

Just then there was a loud knock on the door. It scared the crap out of me and I jolted up and pushed Danny away from me a bit. The knocking continued. It made my head hurt even more. Danny held my waist and brought me to the bed and told me to sit down and that he'd handle it as he finally realized my hangover. He opened the door and said "What the fuck do you want!?" he yelled at whoever was at the door.

"What the fuck are YOU doing here? And don't talk to me like that! Amber!?" Bam yelled as he pushed Danny outta the way and walked towards me. "Where the hell have you been?!" He yelled.
"Stop yelling!" I yelled back as I clutched my head.
His voice grew softer and calmer "Where were you? I've been out there looking for you for hours Am'." He said as he took a seat next to me on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and said "I'm sorry. I really am, just don't run away like that okay."
"I didn't run away. You did."
"Me? I waited for you to come out of the bathroom and you took forever. So I waited at the booth and then I had Jessica go in to get you out after a few minuets and she said you weren't in there. Then we left to go find you." He paused for a bit and looked at me." You scared the shit out of me Pebbles."
I frowned and looked at him. "I'm sorry." I rested my head on his shoulder.
"Where'd you go?" He asked. "I called your phone hundreds of times, and you never picked up."
"I was at the bar the whole time and then-" I was cut of by Danny.
"And then I came to get her because she was scared and neglected."

Bam just ignored Danny and kept his focus on me. "I'm sorry.It's not gonna happen again. I PROMISE."