The Happiness I'm Fakin'

Chapter Seven

Image

When I woke up the next morning in Danny's bed I was lucky enough not to be wrapped up in his arms. I reached over to the desk at my side of the bed and detached my phone from the charger. It's been acting up lately. It hasn't turned on in a few days so I left it on the charger. I pushed the green button saying a silent prayer in my head hoping that it would turn on this time and to my luck, it did. I covered the ear piece with the palm of my hand so that the noise wouldn't wake Danny. And there the letters flashed 'Welcome to T.Mobile. I smiled at my phone.

"It lives!" I whispered to myself. I had to wait until everything loaded so I flipped it closed.

I then heard a whimper from Danny. After sneaking out of bed I tip toed over to my overnight bag and grabbed some clothes and ran into the bathroom.
I flipped opened my phone again and saw that I had twenty-eight missed calls. . . When I clicked select to see who these calls were from every single one of them were from Bam, they were dated the night in New York.

"He did look for me. . ." I said to myself. How could I have been stupid to think that he lied about that.

In the middle of my thoughts there was a knock on the door. "Babe? You okay in there?"

"Yeah!" I said a little too fast.

"What'r you doing?" He asked.

"I'm gonna take a shower."

"What about breakfast?" He asked.

"I'm . . .not hungry."

"Well I am!" He yelled. "When are you gonna be hungry?" He asked.

Completely annoyed I scolded him "I don't know!"

There was a little silence. "Wanna go out for food?" He asked totally not getting it.

I sighed "Fine."

"Alright. Hurry up!"

I rolled my eyes as I undressed and got in the shower.

"Rocket's." I smiled with fake enthusiasm.

"Yeah! Our usual hang out." Danny winked at me.

We got out of the car and walked into the usual place Danny always takes me when he wants to be cheap. I hate it here. I don't like fancy places either, but the food here tastes like crap which's the explanation for the prices. We sat down at a booth as Nancy, the only waitress working here, came to take our orders.

"What'll it be?" She asked uninterested.

"Uhmmm. . .A bagel with cream cheese, please." I told her silently regretting it.

"And you?" She turned to Danny.

"Eggs with toast."

"Alrighty. . . one of you wanna a paper?"

"News paper?" Danny asked.

"Duh" Nancy replied dully.

"Okay!" Danny accepted.

Nancy left to fetch the paper but returned shortly. "Here." She flung it on our table. "Your food'll be done shortly."

After nancy left Danny ripped open the paper and grabbed out the funnys section, the rest he gave me. I sighed as I placed my hand on it and slid it over to me. I opened it up to the back page and the first thing I saw were ads for condos and apartments. Suddenly I felt a pair of eyes on me.

"What'r you reading?" Danny asked me.

"Hmm? Oh nothing." I said quickly closing the papers.

I couldn't tell him I was starting to look for an apartment. When I first moved back here I met Danny on the first night at Duffers the worst place to meet a guy,I know, but he seemed normal at the time. After a few weeks of dating him I told him I was saving to get an apartment and he insisted that I moved in with him. I declined his offer and he was offended. He was even more pissy when I moved in with Bam temporarily. But what else did he expect me to do!? Stay in hotels the whole time or live with him, he was a complete stranger at the time, I couldn't do that. Bam has been my best friend forever and he insisted I stay with him until I could afford a place of my own, he even insisted on loaning me money, but I refused his offer and told him that I wanted to earn my own way.

"Here you go." Nancy came back with our food. She dropped the plates on the table and walked away.

I stared down at the food in front of me and knew what was coming and that my friends was the nasty taste of artificial cream cheese. . .

"Looks good huh?" Danny asked happily.

"Uhhhmm. . ."

"Boy am I starved!" He dug into his eggs as if they actually tasted like the real thing.

I stared back down at my bagel and gulped loudly as I brought it to my mouth and took a small bite. As I was forcing myself to eat this contraption I began to think about how it would be to have a place of my own. How great would that be?

After breakfast, Danny and I spent the day at the beach, sitting in the sand and watching the beautiful view and later we planned to go see a movie. I thought maybe I'd give him another chance. He is trying to patch things up between us. And he's really been nice to me lately. So what if he's annoying, maybe soon enough he'll get the point.

--------------

"Bammy." She whispered in his ear.

"Hmmmm!" He moaned annoyed.

"Bam. . . come on I wanna go out for breakfast." Jessica whined.

"I'm too tired." He told her truthfully.

Lately Jessica has been getting on Bam's nerves. He felt that he could talk to her about anything in the beginning of their relationship, but now all she ever wants to talk about is how other people are stupid compared to her and how great she is. He can't stand it any longer. She's been whining in his ear for the past fifteen minuets and she won't leave him to sleep. Bam was unbelievably tired and after the dream he had about Amber last night he felt that he couldn't go back to sleep.

"Bammmm!" She yelled. "Are you listening!?"

"No!" He retorted.

"Fine! Then maybe I'll just leave!" She yelled back.

"Go ahead! You know the way out!" He yelled back.

She huffed and got off the bed. Soon Bam heard ruffling and movement. The last thing he heard before he fell asleep was her heels clicking out his door.