Knee Deep

Mudak

Image

"Here you go douche." Veronika said, handing Alexei his drink, with a grin on her face.

"Thanks." He downed the drink in one second, watching Nika wearily. She had only been sober for a couple months now. He knew how hard it was for her to even be in the bar without drinking. "Sorry Nika. I didn't think." Alexei felt immensely guilty now. He should have known better not to drink around his alcoholic sister, let alone make her buy it for him.

"It's fine." Veronika reassured him, hitting his shoulder lightly. It had gotten to the point where she didn't even really want to drink anymore. Sure the smell of the alcohol was inviting, but other than that, she found no pull towards it. "Don't worry about it." She leaned up against the wall, water in hand. Most of the people there were drunk out of their minds.

Veronika had been clean and sober for the last eight months, something she was extremely proud of. She had led a life of drinking, and a lot of drug usage, before coming clean. If she had been drinking, she could guarantee she would have already gotten into at least three fights already. It had taken a while, and a couple relapses but Nika was finally straight.

Drinking was her vice, and she constantly had to fight against it. Drugs were just a side project, something else to do when she was with friends. It was David who got her into the heavy stuff. Until she moved to America, all Nika dabbled in was pot. But once she met him, she started to shoot heroin, and cocaine. She had also dropped acid on several occasions.

David was worse than she was when he was high. Nika constantly got in fights, often sending the other person to the hospital. But David didn't like to fight other people. The only person he liked to hit was his girlfriend. It was the drugs and the booze that kept Nika with him for so long. He provided, so she stuck around and took the beatings.

Once she had started to get clean (thanks to her parents), she realized that just maybe David wasn't the guy for her. Nika began to fight back, something David was not used too, or liked.

Veronika shook herself out of her thoughts, and glanced back to her right, only to realize her brother was off breaking up yet another fight. She glanced around the club, and caught eyes with Ryan Dunn again, and gave him a short wave and smile.

"Who the fuck are you waving at Dunn?" Bam slurred, downing another beer.

"This girl I met." He shrugged, taking a swig of his own. Unlike his friend, Dunn knew when to stop, and how to drink in moderation.

"You have a girlfriend man!" He exclaimed, looking around for the girl he was waving at.

"I didn't say I was gonna fuck her. Shut up." Ryan rolled his eyes, but pointed out Nika to Bam.

"Holy shit." He muttered, his slurr was gone. "She's hot as fuck."

"Yeah. Nice as hell too. You know that guy you just hired? Alexei? It's his sister."

"Wow." Was all Bam could say. But he had to tear his eyes away from the Russian beauty. Missy was pulling on his arm.

"Baby." She said into his arm, in a whiny tone.

"Wha?" He answered her, trying hard not to look over in the corner.

"I'm ready to leave." She said, standing up, and straightening her slinky black dress. She saw Novak roll his eyes, but she ignored him. Many people had portrayed her as a bitch, who only used Bam for his money and she blamed a lot of that on Novak. He talked too much when he was drunk.

"In 20 minutes okay babe? The band is about to go on." Bam kissed her on her bony cheek. Missy was a great woman but he wasn't feeling it anymore. And he guessed she wasn't either.

"Okay." She huffed a little but sat back down. Bam turned his attention away from his wife, and back over to the girl, only to find her fighting very loudly with a squirrelly looking guy. "What the fuck is going on?" He wondered out loud, causing Missy and Dunn to look over at the evolving scene.

"David, shut the fuck up." Veronika said loudly, rolling her eyes heavily. "Honestly, get the fuck away from me. We are done. We are broken up. I don't do this shit anymore. Really. Go find another whore to please you, cause honey, that ain't gonna be me anymore." She clutched her water bottle tightly. She knew what was going to happen, and she was prepared for it. If he so much as laid his pinky finger on her, Nika was prepared to kick his ass and then some. She glanced around quickly, noticing she had caught the eye of Bam and Ryan again, but she was desperately looking for Alexei.

"No, you can't do this to me Nika. You can't. You love me!" David exclaimed, almost tripping over his own feet, getting closer to her. "You are mine."

"Poshyel k chyertu." Veronika said harshly. "Go to hell David. I'm not 'yours'. I'm not anyones. Back the fuck off."

"You do not talk to me like that!" He said in a high whisper. At this point, half of the bar was looking at the pair. He took a drunken swing at the girl, which she avoided easily.

"Just leave." Veronika said, shoving him away from her. "Seriously. Go. Before fucking Alexei comes over here and kicks your ass, and I have to call the police. Or worse, I have to kick your ass, and he has to call the police to stop me from killing your stupid ass." David came at her again, grabbing her forearm, where Marilyn Monroe's face was inked.

"Get the fuck away from her." A harsh voice, belonging to her brother snarled before David could do any worse. He had a tight grip on her arm.

"Oh shut the fuck up." David said, his eyes almost shut. Veronika took this opportunity of his distraction, to break free from his grip before her elbow connected to his cheek.

"Mudak." Nika spat, before Alexei got in between them. David glared at the pair, muttered under his breath, before stumbling away.

"Just fucking wait Nika. JUST FUCKING WAIT." He exclaimed, as he walked away.

"What the fuck was that?!" Bam asked, turning to Dunn.

"No idea dude. I'm going over there though." Ryan said before getting off his stool, and walking across the bar, no doubt in his mind that his friend was following.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poshyel k chyertu- Go to hell.
Mudak- Bastard

Two chapters + one night = awesome : D

Comments?