Broken

Two

I couldn't say I was completely mesmerized by him. He looked quite average if you asked me, in fact, the first time I saw his dumb cocky smile, I sort of hated him more than any other student. Not that I hated them. But, I just hated him already. He looked like one of those people just looking to be popular, like he wanted all the attention. Yet, everyone fell for it pretty easily. They stared at him like he was some sort of goddess.

He strutted through the freakin' classroom like he was all that. Ugh. He sat next to me and nodded at me with a smile. I glanced at him and turned my head back to the teacher.

"Hey, names Jason. What's yours?" Jason said, smiling at me. I looked over my right hand side to see someone else were there that he was smiling to. Then realized it was me who he was smiling at. I looked at him and he nodded, "Yeah, I'm talking to you." He smiled again.

I just looked at him and opened my mouth. I was just about ready to say something. Any second now. I will say something. In any moment. Just. Say. Hi! Oh well, I can’t think of anything. My mind is completely blocked. I don't know when this started happening, when I couldn't even talk to anyone directly anymore. When I was a kid, believe it or not, but I talked a lot. My parents couldn't even make me shut up, they would always try to shush me but I would just keep talking about the smallest things I see. Now that I think of it, I started being more quiet when I was around eighth grade, that was when my parents started to fight all the time; at the beginning of eighth grade.

I would stay in my room, and hear them fight. They'd scream at each other, and they didn't even know that I was listening. I don't exactly know what they fought over, but most of the time I knew it was about work, the bills, etc.etc. Their fights always started around 10 or 11, when they thought that I'd be asleep by the time, but I never was. Never. Not even once. And I heard all of their fights, that went on for a year before they finally decided to get a divorce. Once they got divorced there was always the awkward silence between both my parents and me. I think they knew that I'd heard them. I'm not sure how, but somehow they knew. Every morning they'd pretend like nothing happen, and whenever I looked up, they pretended that nothing was even wrong. So, they both played the part of "perfect family" in the morning, "working people" in the afternoon, and "fighting couple" at night. I'd stay home alone all those afternoons, doing whatever I can. I really stopped talking then. When they started fighting. They didn't even notice it at first, until half way through high school during winter break. I really just stopped because that's what they always told me to do; to be quiet. So, I was quiet in both of their requests, thinking that it would solve everything. Stupid idea. I got use to being quiet after that. I just never got back to myself after that.

"Hellooo?" Jason now said, looking at me strange. "Hey, kid, don't you talk?"

I shook my head, blinking out of my gaze. I glanced at him and then the board. He was still looking at me funny, I glanced at him one last time before finally just paying attention to the teacher talk about, God, who knows. Really, no one was paying attention to him.

"Are you actually paying attention to this guy?" He asked me after a couple of minutes of silence between him and I. I ignored him. "If you're actually paying attention, then what was he just talking about?"

I shrugged not really looking at him. Soon, he started ignoring me too and were just talking to other people. He started flirting to some girls that sat around him, and was all buddy-buddy with some guy that sat in front of him. I payed no attention to anyone and started doodling on my hand. I don't know what I was drawing; they were just a bunch of swirls and bubbles, I guess. I smiled to myself unconsciously. Suddenly, I heard my name.

"Oh, yeah, Carson? She doesn't talk to, like, anyone. I swear, she probably thinks she's better than everyone or something" I heard a girl whisper. I stopped doodling and started listening to what they were saying. I don't know who just talked.

"Nah, she's probably just shy, right?" I heard Jason say.

"I don't know, like, a lot of people has tried talking to her, seriously. She just stares at them. It's sort of creepy."

"It is creepy!" Another girl joined in, her voice high-pitched. I recognized this voice, it was Becka Perez.

I then realized that she sat two seat away, and the other girl sat right in front of me. They were talking to me like I wasn't even right there. Right in front of them-- or actually, behind them. Like I didn't exist. They were talking about me, and they didn't even know I was here. . . ? I saw all three of them look at me -- Jason, Becka, and the other girl. I looked up and they all looked away, except for Jason. I just stared at him. I was use to this, I guess it is my fault for acting like this. But, really, I was right there.

We both just stared at eachother, I was actually trying to glare at him; trying to act tough (ha-ha, me. Tough). But it didn't turn out so right, because next thing I knew, he smiled at me. Wait, what?. In my moment on confusion, he smiled even wider.

"Hey, how come you don't talk? Say hi to me, come on, say it." He smiled leaning on the side of his desk, towards me. Now, I was looking at him funny. "It's not that hard, just say hi. H-I. Hiiii." He spelled like I was some sort of idiot. I ignored him the whole time he was trying to make me talk, God, he doesn't shut up. He was talking the whole class time. As in, every single second he was talking. He kept talking about how I should talk. I was getting incredibly irritated. I'm hating this guy more and more.

Finally, the bell rang, and I sat still; waiting for everyone to get out first. I wasn't in a rush to get anywhere.

"Hey! Where's your next class?" Jason asked, standing up. I shrugged."Okay, I swear, I can make you talk. You'll see." He nodded." Seeya Carson." I raised my eyebrow, and he smiled. He waved and walked out of the class, saying hi to everyone and all that. Geez, can someone say over-social?
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed the story line): I'll just see what happens.
Jason's a flirt, just note one that [:

Sorry for the wait. My brother exited Word because he was gonna play maplestory and that supposedly lagged it? -o-" And he didn't' save it.
And I found out they had a draft space thing on mibba. I'm just gonna go there instead of Word, aha. :D lol. Comments, ye?

-Jessica[: thanks