Cross Roads

Chapter One

Outfit of the Day: shirt, pants, shoes, scarf. gloves

I kept my arms crossed and I ducked my head as I walked through the crowd of high school students. Friends in groups eyed me with what I couldn't tell was curiousity , pity, oor disgust. It was spine tingling. My teeth chattered from the fall cold as I sought out a place to sit and wait for the the doors of Plum Creek High School to open.

Everyone who was here was early. I checked my Gir watch and sighed. The school's doors would't open for another fifteen minutes. I couldn't exactly remember why I left to walk for school so early this morning. Maybe I was just trying to get away from my grandparent's house. It hasn't really ever been my favorite place to stay.

And I don't think anyone would understand why. I pulled my hoodie closer around me. It was freeezing and I hoped that it would warm up for this afternoon for Track practice. But I'll worry about that later. Right now I was trying to make my way to the school's front steps.

Once found I sat and went through my backpack for my sketchpad. I flipped through it until I had found the page I'd been drawing on. But before I could really get into sketching the bell rang and the doors opened. Students slowly made their way inside. I stuffed my sketchbook back inside my backpack, stood, walked inside, and walked to my locker. Once my locker was opened I searched around inside for my English book.

The warning bell rang just as I slammed my locker closed. "Shit," I cursed under my breath as I began racing down the halls and down the stairs to my first class. The bell rang just as I entered the classroom. "Cutting it close now aren't we?" Miss Foster said as I sighed with releif and went to sit in my seat. But right as she was closing the door a hand reached out and blocked it. A boy by the name of Gray Adams walked into the room.

"That's your third tardy this month Mr. Adams." Miss Foster reminded him. "It wont happen again Miss Foster," He replied flashing her a smile and began making his way to his seat. I shook my head as he slid into his seat with a smirk on his face. I pulled my notebook and began to scribble down the notes that Miss Foster was rambling on about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay well that was Chapter One of Cross Roads. I am terribly sorry that it is as short as it is. And I'm also sorry for all of the links. I just wanted you guys to visualize what everything looked like. I hope it was an okay start!
Comments and subscritions are very much appreciated!!!!!!
Tyler, it's your turn.