Cross Roads

Chapter Eleven

Thought of the day: I'm with her....Hopefully

Kloe gripped my hand tightly in hers as we walked in the fall breeze. I pulled my jacket tightly around me with a shiver.
"I'm glad we finally have this time together. Y'know, outside of school." she said looking up at me in almost a whisper. I nodded my head in agreement and smiled at her. I honestly did miss her, no matter how hard-ass i seemed i never could put the mask on with her. Just when i reached the peak of my happines, there she was. July.
I swore under my breath and tried to ignore her and i think she tried to do the same but it failed when her jock-like boyfriend called out to me.
"Hey kid! You ought to thank me" he said in almost a concieded tone.
" Well seeing as i could've skipped a detention on my own, i dont think i should" i responded. The smirk that he grew on his lips died a tragic death.
" Well seeing how you didn't i think you should be greatful, Goth-Boy"
July had a look of annoyance on her face and Kloe had a look of concern. I promised her that today was her day, and i cant ruin it with something this stupid. I put my arm around her waist and walked away. FUCK YEAH GRAY! YOU DESERVE AN EFFIN' COOKIE! i thought to myself. Kloe was glowing with pride and she hugged me. Her short body barely reached my chest and her hair clung to my jacket as if it were hugging me too. I smiled and returned the favor.

Monday swung around and i was leaving the house. There was a little frost on the ground which meant that winter was rolling around. Before i could even reach the school the warning bell rang. I mad a mad dash for the door, down the hall, to my locker, and to Miss Foster's. I slid in towards homeplate just in time. "Hehe..safe" October said beneath a grin. I stood and struck a victory pose and made my way to my seat.
"So, Mr. Shit-Face, I heard you had a little run in with July over the weekend." October whispered back to me as i got my stuff out. "Hmm.." I didn't want to entertain her grim sense of humor with an answer, so I didn't. I put my headphones in my ears and stuck my nose in my text book like a good little student and lost myself in the complexed guitar sweeps until a squeel struck the almost antique intercome.
"All students who attended this past saturday detention, please come to the auditorium."
The intercom clicked off and Miss Foster pointed her pen to the door as October and I stood and exited the room. Students apon students filed into the auditorium and sat in the metal fold-out chairs and focussed on our principal on stage. He picked up one of the mics and cleared his throat.
"I'm surre you all know about the early exit of detention this past weekend. Due to a prank by your fellow classmates, you have all been assembled here." He went on and on about how poor choices affect your future and other teacher B.S that no one listens to. Finally he concluded by saying," You all will be reserving your detention next saturday. You only have yourselves to blame students. You may be dismissed."