Cross Roads

Chapter Four

Track Uniform: jacket, shirt, pants, shoes
School Mascot: Bandit The Purple Panther

The final bell rang and my classmates raced out of the classroom. I rolled my eyes. I mean honestly. I stood up from my seat and threw my backpack over my shoulder. As I walked toward the door I tripped over my shoe laces.....and yes....I certainly did fall. "Son-of-a-mother-fucker!" I yelled as I fell on my face. "Miss Shards! I cannot believe you just-" My teacher Mr. Arrons began. "Agh!" I yelled again sitting up.
"Detention!"
"Wha-What?!" I screeched in outrage.
"You heard me! Deeetention!" He replied cruely, drawing the word out as if I was stupid. Which I'm not because I got all A's on my friggin report card. They handed them out last class.

I glared as he waved the pink slip in front of me after filling it out with a smirk plastered on his face. I snatched the paper from his hand and stomped out of the classroom. I walked to the gym with swift quick paces as I read the write up slip over and over. When I reached the Gymnasium Girl's lockers I pushed on the door hard with my arm.

"Oh what have we here?" July Lutheran asked in bully mock as she snatched it from my hands. "Hmm. I'm surprised it wasn't bitchy Miss Foster that wrote you up. She's been on a rampage today. Well, see you in detention Saturday." She said handing the paper back to me. I creased my eyebrows and got stuck in thought for a second. Wow, coach isn't going to be so happy about two of her best long-distance runners getting detention.

"Come on girls! Hurry it up!" Coach Carson yelled. Quickly I stashed everything away in my locker and changed into the uniform. "Let's go! Let's go!" She yelled a few minutes later as I was pulling my hair into a pony-tail. That's what was required if your hair wasn't short. And I hated pulling it back but I loved track so, so be it.

Everyone exited the locker room and outside onto the feild. I glanced toward the bleachers and saw some students sitting there. Why in hell they would want to sit and hang out and some watch us run....well....it beats me. "Lutheran, Shards, and Hallows! You're up!" The three of us walked up to our marks and began to stretch. Once we were ready we took our marks. "Aaaand......Go!" Coach Carson yelled.

We took off. I felt the wind beat against my face. My hair flapped behind me and it felt as if I were floating, flying in midair. The muscles in my legs began to burn but still I kept going. The three of us ran four laps around until crossing our final mark. As soon as we stopped we were wrenched over panting, trying to regain our breath, each of with smiles painted on our faces. "Great job girls! Still my top!" Coach boasted. A smile played on her lips.

Everyone went over and over with their training and I glanced over at the students at the bleachers who were still there. I walked over to my canteen and took a swig of water. I was parched. Parched and exhausted....I sat. July walked over and took a towel to dab her sweating brow. In the distance we could hear notes being played. I looked over and saw the band warming up on the football feild. "Just lovely." July mumbled under her breath.

The students on the bleachers turned their heads and watched the band for a while. A boy that played the Tuba tripped over his feet and fell. He couldn't get up. I glanced back over at the students. They were pointing and laughing at the poor kid. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my water. "So damn childish." July said taking a long sip of her water. "Alright girls! You had a good run today! Shower and go!" She yelled.

Does her voice ever go hoarse? I wondered. We headed back to the locker room, showered(in seperate showers), dressed, and left. I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder then walked out and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! Yay! Chapter four!
Again comments and subscriptions are greatly appreciated so please do!
Thank thou peeps who read!
Peace.
Tyler your turn.