Cross Roads

Chapter Five

Thought for today: Just another day to forget

The final bell rang and i grabbed my stuff and started home. The on way out of the building I just stared at the pink slip. When i looked forward I saw October looking at a pink slip too. "How did someone like her get detention? She's a honor student." I thought aloud. I shrugged the thought off and walked home. Once again the house was a total mess. "I'm home!" i called out hoping someone would answer this time. No one answered. Aunt Kate must be at the bar and Jeremy must be out again. "If i wasn't here to wipe their asses, I don't know what they'd do." i said to myself as i started to clean and prepare a dinner for three.

After i ate me share of fried rice and chicken i wrapped the rest up and put it on the shelf and wrote instructions on how to heat it up on the fridge door. I went to my room and turned on the T.V then pulled my sketchbook off of my shelf and slid a pencil out of my pocket. I put my earphones in and turned the volume all the way up. I started working on the angel picture I did earlier.

Saturday came quicker than expected.I got up and took a shower, then i brushed my teeth. I checked up on Kate, but she was still sleeping so i cooked breakfast, made coffee, and set the newspaper and her anti-depressants(like they changed anything) on the table and left for detention. I was late, as usual, so i found my way to the library and took look around to find familiar faces. I noticed one particularly irritated face staring me down like i was prey ready to be pounced on, October. She was the last person i would expect to be staring back at me on a Saturday morning. " Nice of you to join us Mr.Adams. Take a seat and be QUIET!" Mr.Allen the librarian said. I took my seat next to October and looked over my shoulder and noticed July behind me staring holes through my back. "Hi there gorgeous." i whispered to July. "Go die shit-face!" she said in a harsh voice. "SILENCE!" Mr.Allen called to us.

I ripped a piece a paper out of my notebook and scribbled a note to October that said: What are YOU doing here?
♠ ♠ ♠
okay tami. carry on