Cross Roads

Chapter Seven

Outfit of the Day: shirt, pants. shoes, hoodie

I didn't even tell my grandparents about my detention today. I just left early leaving a note that I was going for a run then to the school for practice. I brought along my carry around backpack which had my sketch pad, my ipod, and my cell phone. I grabbed my keys to my car not wishing to walk today and headed out the door.

I pulled up to the school about ten minutes later and I walked inside with my keys in my bag and my bag over my shoulder. Once inside I made my way to the library where detention was taking place. "Miss...." Mr. Allens looked at his clipboard, "Shards? Uuh...take a seat." I rolled my eyes and went to sit in front of July. I pulled out my sketchpad and a pencil and began sketching furiously. I stopped when we all heard footsteps getting louder and louder until Gray Adams appeared. "Nice of you to join us Mr. Adams. Take a seat and be quiet!" Mr. Allen commanded.

Gray looked around searching for a place to sit wwhen he met my gaze. I narrowed my eyes as he made his way over and sat down beside me. He smirked and turned to July.
"Hey gorgeous." He said.
"Go die shit-face!" She snapped back at him.
He placed a notebook in front of him and began tapping his pen on it. I gritted my teeth and side-glared. Gray flipped open the notebook to a blank page, scribbled something down, folded it quickly and sloppily, then passed it to me. I grabbed it, opened it, and stared at the chicken scratch before me. I squinted, trying to make out the words. It read....What are you doing here?

I looked at him meeting his gaze and this time it was my turn to smirk. I wrote back and since I had taken calligraphy before my handwriting was very pretty if I do say so myself. Why does everyone think I'm so innocent?
I passed it back. Again he scribbled quickly and passed it back. And again it took me a moment to figure it out.
Because you're an honors student. You never get in trouble.
I rolled my eyes. Well, I guess you've actually learned something in school this time. I wrote.
He shook his head and crumpled the paper into a ball.

We sat there for about twenty more minutes in silence. This is not how I plan to spend my Saturday. I turned to the back of my notebook where a pocket of extra paper sat. i pulled out a peice and wrote July, we need out! I folded it neatly and tossed it in front of her. She opened it up and read it. Quickly she wrote back and tossed it from in the direction it came. She watched as I picked it up and a smile played on her lips.
In neat curly letters it read Wait and see. And follow my lead.

I smiled. This girl always had a plan. That much I knew.
About ten minutes later I heard her whisper, "Five, four, three, two, one."
A teenager walked in. It was Brenden Hart. July's boyfriend.
"Mr. Hart, what are you-" the man cut him off.
"Your wife is in the hospital!" Brenden said "exhaustedly".
"I-is she okay?"
"Fine, it was just a test but....she fainted. You can go now if you must."

"But..."Mr. Allen thought for a moment,"Nevermind." He snatched his coat up and as he ran out of the doorway he yelled, "Kids! It's your lucky day! Get out now!"
And with that he disappeared. I looked back at July and she smirked. "You're welcome October......and Shit-face." She somewhat whispered.

July stood and ran over to Brenden, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him lightly. "Thanks for the help."
"You're welcome."
They held hands and walked out of the library. I shook my head and gathered my things into my backpack, stood, and walked to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its from October's P.O.V. Its supposed to be somewhat different people!
Comment!
Subscribe!
P3@C3!
Tyler...go.