A Lover Lost, but Never Far

I need to think.

I awoken at the sound of the bedroom door opening. I was layed on the floor, next to Gerard's bed. My head laying softly on his white sheets.

It was Gee.

He moved across the room with grace, placing his art folder down next to a drawing bench and placing his laptop bag in the chair. He stretched out his arms, into the air and sighed deeply. Turning, he looked round the room. I counldn't of been asleep long as the day hadn't passed. It was light and breezy in the room as Gerard opened the main window. He continued to look around again, focusing on the bed, walking over to sort out the sheets. I knelt, and then continued to rise to my feet. I watched as he made the bed, throwing the sheets inplace messily and then walking away out of the room.

I followed him. I could smell that Gerard smell as it lingered in the air behind him. He made his way to the kitchen, switching on the tv and then over to the kettle. Taking it from its stand, he filled it with water and placed it back, clicking the switch on. I took my place, lent up against a wall near the door frame. Gerard moved to the fridge, bringing out a small plastic container, and a bottle of fruit juice. He placed them on the breakfast table and placed an apple, shiney and green, next to them from the fruit bowl. The kettle began to reach boiling point and I noticed it wasn't turning off. Gerard had over filled it and the water bubbled from the spout. I moved over towards it. I could turn it off and he wouldn't notice. He was getting a knife and fork, humming some tune I didn't recognise to himself, so I continued to make my way over. All of a sudden I was distracted by Gerard moving over to where I was rather quickly. He was looking out the window, swinting his eyes. I was confused. What was out there? I left the kettle still boiling as I moved closer to see.

And there it was. Displayed apon the glass, as I had left it. A perfect hand print. I felt myself gasp at the sight of it. Gerard focused his eye's and reached out his hand. He bought his finger tips upto the glass and touched the hand print. Water droplets ran as they had before. He furrowed his brow, "That's strange?" He muttered as he knew he hadn't made the print.

He looked left, then right and noticed the kettle was fully over flowing now. Dashing past me, he flicked the switch and the room was left with the sound of the tv in the background. I felt a strange tingling sensation inside me. But then it disapeared as Gerard dismissed the palm print, wiping it away from the glass and continuing to make his coffee.

I hadn't meant for that to happen. I had to think more carefully about what I was doing.