Status: Active :)

Green Eyes

10

The car continued to drive for what seemed like hours, and it had now become dark outside. My throat was sore from screaming for help, and I knew that my cheek was bruised from being slapped. I was beginning to lose hope. Who would come to save me anyways? Zacky and his friends obviously didn’t care about me anymore, or they would have saved me already, and everybody else I knew were humans that would have no chance against these powerful vampires.

I was averted from my thoughts when the car stopped. I looked out the window and gasped when I noticed a giant castle disguised among rocks. Ok, any hope of them saving me was now lost – there was no way anybody would be able to find this place.

The car door opened and smiling down at me was Layton. ‘C’mon princess, we’re home.’

He grabbed my arm and I yelped in pain as he dragged me outside. He scooped me into his arms and held me bridal style, and I began to kick and struggle against him. ‘Put me down! I can walk you know!’

Layton chuckled and threw me up in the air before catching me again. ‘I know but this is more fun.’

I sighed and allowed him to carry me the rest of the way. I had learned from experience that fighting him would get me nothing but a couple of bruises.

We walked through the rocks outside until we reached a giant door. Layton dropped one hand from me and pressed a couple of buttons, and a loud rumbling noise was heard as the door swung open.

We walked inside and Layton immediately dropped me, instead grabbing onto my arms tightly and yanking me forwards.

I yelped in pain as he dragged me violently forward, down a set of stone stairs. I tried to ignore the people that were walking past, looking at me with such hatred I wanted to bury myself in a hole. I didn’t understand why they hated me so much, maybe it was because I was a human. But they’d all been one once, right?

I looked up when I noticed Layton wasn’t pulling me anymore. We had stopped outside what looked like a cell door, and Layton was fumbling with some keys in his hands. He opened the door and threw me into the cell, and I winced when my body hit the cold stone floor. He shut the door behind me and I immediately forced myself off the floor and ran at the door. I shook the bars holding me with all my might, screaming for someone to help me. Layton just sneered at me before smiling once again. ‘Princess, they’re not going to save you. And even if they come to get you, we’ll just kill them instantly.’

He chuckled and turned away, walking out of my sight. I cried and fell to the floor, my body shaking violently with my sobs. I didn’t want to be here. I wanted to be home. I wanted to be with my family, with my friends. Why couldn’t things have just stayed the way they were a couple of months ago? I had been safe and happy. Why did my life have to be so damn complicated?

I growled and slammed my fists on the floor. Why did I have to be so madly in love with a vampire that would never feel the same? I was so stupid.

Was I going to die? But honestly, did it even matter? If what Zacky told me was true, once they had killed me and my brother they’d stop torturing my parents. My parents would be safe.

I didn’t want to die. I’d be crazy if I said I did. There were so many things in my life I hadn’t done. When we were young, Maddy and I had made a pact that when we grew up we would travel the world together. I remember us being so excited about that, and we had spent ages making the plans. Now, that was never going to happen. I was going to leave behind so many empty promises and broken pacts that it made me feel evil.

I wanted to see Zacky again. I hated myself for being so weak and wanting him so bad. I wanted to make the feelings go away but I couldn’t. I hated the fact that at my time of need, it was him I was yearning for. It was him I would give anything to walk through those doors, to see once more before I died.

I heard the sound of footsteps and I immediately forced myself off the floor and wiped the tears from my face. I didn’t want them to think I was weak.

I walked up to the bars and looked out to see the tall vampire walking towards me, looking nervous. He stopped outside my cell and looked at me intently, full of hatred. ‘Come now. The master wants to see you.’

I unintentially laughed at this. Who the hell did they think they were, medieval knights? I mean, c’mon, who goes around calling people ‘master’.

I stopped laughing when I heard the vampire growl, baring his teeth at me. I gulped and looked away, embarrassed.

He grabbed my arm and yanked me forwards, causing me to yelp in surprise. Were they forgetting I was a human here?

I continued to grumble to myself as he led me away from the cell and up a flight of stairs. We stopped outside another giant door, made of gold. I watched him gulp and take deep breaths before opening the door and yanking me through.

I looked around the room, my mouth agape. The room was decorated in paintings with frames of gold and statues made of pure marble.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned around, only to notice everybody in the room was bowed down. I looked around me to see both Layton and the tall vampire glaring at me, signalling to the floor.

If I wasn’t so scared I would have laughed. These grown vampires were treating this person as a king, whoever he was. Seriously, it was a bit extreme.

I heard a deep chuckle, causing me to look up. Standing there, dressed in rich black robes was another vampire. I noticed the fear in those around me increased. So, this must be their ‘king’.

He continued chuckling and began to walk towards me, shaking his head. ‘I see she doesn’t have any manners.’

Layton stood up, looking at the vampire in fear. ‘I’m sorry for her rudeness, master. Please feel free to do to her as you wish.’

The vampire turned towards Layton, his eyes twinkling with excitement. ‘My my, Layton, you have brought me quite a catch. It’s such a pity to have to do away with such a pretty little creature. But, I suppose, they had it coming to them didn’t they?’

He chuckled again and turned to me. ‘Now, my dear, I hear you’ve gotten quite close to Zacky and his friends.’ I felt tears forming in my eyes when he said his name. The way he said it was so full of hatred, regret and adoration that it made me confused.

His blood red eyes met mine once more. ‘Well we don’t need to worry about them coming to get you, I know them quite well enough to be able to kill them off. That shall be a lot of fun won’t it? Maybe if you’re nice, we’ll let you watch.’

I glared at him in hatred and he began to chuckle, immediately being chorused by a roomful of laughter.

He cleared his throat and the laughter stopped. ‘How silly of me not to introduce myself. I’m Vercro.’ Of course I already know who you are, we’ve been looking for you for quite a while now.’

I continued to glare at him in hatred. He seemed amused as he looked down at me. ‘I’m quite sorry for what you will have to go through here. But maybe you’ll come to see your parents mistakes and recognise them as the filth they are.’

I growled. No one called my family filth. The anger soared through me as I thought of all he had done to me. This man was responsible for the death of my brother. He was responsible for everything wrong in my life, and all because my parents were noble and saved someone in need.

I looked him in the eyes and leaned towards him, before spitting in his face. His eyes turned black and his teeth bared as he wiped the spit off his face.

I began to shrink back in fear, realising my mistake. As quick as lightening, he was grabbing my by the collar and throwing me violently towards the wall. It hit the wall with such force that it caused a dent. In pain, I allowed myself to collapse on the floor.

He began to walk towards me and stopped in front of me, his eyes still black. He kicked me forcefully and continued to glare at me. ‘You see, weak human, the power I have? In one finger, I have enough power to kill you in an instant.’ With that he kicked me once more and walked away. ‘Take her to the cells, I’ll deal with her later. And while you’re at it, beat a little sense into her.’

He chuckled madly and I felt myself being lifted off the floor and carried away. I didn’t even feel it when they dropped me in my cell and began to beat me. I felt so numb already.

Zacky’s POV

The last two months had been horrible. I was a mess. I needed her. I hated having to be away from her. I couldn’t help but worry about her and regret what I had done. Had I been too extreme? Just when we had gotten close I had let her go.

Johnny wasn’t much better. He stayed in his room most of the time, refusing to talk to anyone. Even Jimmy was depressed, and hell, that never happened. Matt was mad at me and Brian was quieter than usual, and when he looked at me he would just sigh and turn away. I couldn’t understand how after just one night with us, she had made such a huge impact on all of us. And even after two months of being away from her, we were all still a mess.

I sighed and forced myself off the couch when I heard the phone ring. Reluctantly, I answered it. ‘Hello?’

‘Zacky! She’s gone Zacky, they’ve taken her.’

My chest tightened and I felt tears of anger come to my eyes. ‘You mean Kayla’s gone?’ I could barely get the words out of my mouth.

Mrs Stevens’s muffled sobs came from the other side of the line. ‘You were supposed to be watching her Zacky! You were supposed to be protecting her! What if they’ve killed her! She’s my only child!’

At that moment, my whole world stopped. Kayla was gone and it was my fault. If she died I wouldn’t be able to go on. If they hurt her, I would get my revenge. I would see to it that they all died,

‘Mrs Stevens, I’m going to bring her home safely. I promise.’

She continued to cry as I bid her farewell and ran to get my things. Matt entered the room, and I let the tears fall down my face as I turned to him. ‘Kayla’s gone.’

Matts face hardened and he left the room, quickly returning with his stuff. ‘Jimmy, Johnny, Brian, get here now.’

They all entered the room, noticing the worry and anger in his voice. ‘We need to rescue Kayla. Quickly.’

I watched as their faces turned to fear and then quickly anger. Johnny looked like he had just seen a ghost. They all ran from the room and quickly returned holding the things they needed. We looked at each other once before hastily leaving the room.

Kayla, I love you, don’t die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all! I wasnt going to update today but it was Matt's birthday so i decided i'd make the time :)

Thanks to those who commented, and i hate to be a bitch but i'm not going to update until i get at least 3 comments.

I'm sorry but i would really appreciate the feedback!

Love you all!

Ash xx