Status: Active :)

Green Eyes

19

Zacky growled menacingly. ‘I suggest you turn around and leave right now, before one of us rips you apart.’

Sammi gulped and took a step back, shaking in fear. ‘N-n-no.’

Jimmy, Matt, Zacky and Kaylee all growled louder, taking a step forward. ‘What did you say?’

Sammi took a deep breath and seemed to take a minute to get her confidence. ‘I’m not going to hurt anyone.’

Jimmy gritted his teeth. ‘Why should we trust you? You’re with them.’

‘Guys,’ we all turned to look at Brian, glaring. ‘She’s not lying.’

The others face’s softened, but Zacky’s still seemed unsure. It was then it struck me. The usual danger I felt present when I was around Sammi was gone, leaving me feeling, well, safe and secure. I wrinkled my eyebrows up in confusion.

Zacky glared at Brian. ‘And how can you be sure of that? What if she changes her mind and attacks one of us? What then?’

Brian opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him. ‘Zacky,’ I said strongly, placing my hand on his shoulder. He turned to look at me, his glare immediately softening. ‘I don’t feel anything either. She’s safe.’

Zacky raised an eyebrow, obviously forgetting the last conversation we had. He started chuckling. ‘Oh yeah, I forgot my girlfriend had powers.’

I smiled and we turned to face Sammi, the mood slightly lighter. Kaylee was still scowling. ‘I don’t trust her. She’s been with Vercro for years.’

Matt nodded in agreement, also scowling. I looked around to see Johnny moving towards my side while Jimmy looked uncertain, and Brian was glaring at Matt and Kaylee. I raised my eyebrow. That was odd.

I felt Johnny at my side and I turned to smile at him briefly before turning back. Zacky laced his fingers with mine, pulling me closer to his side. I heard Johnny huff.

Jimmy was the first to speak up again. ‘Why are you here?’

Sammi looked at her feet, fiddling with her fingers. ‘I want to help you.’

Matt let out a sarcastic laugh. ‘Yeah, what, a few days after you turned Kayla in? Sure, that’s believable.’

Sammi glared at her feet. ‘Guys, she’s not lying,’ Brian said through gritted teeth.

Zacky turned to glare at Brian. ‘Dude, what the hell is up your ass?’

Brian shrugged and looked down, still glaring. ‘I just think you guys should give her a chance. Both Kayla and I think she’s safe, so why not trust her? I’m sure, worst case scenario, we could take one vampire down?’

Zacky sighed and nodded. He looked at Sammi. ‘How about we talk more inside.’ Sammi nodded and we all walked inside, Zacky cautious to grasp my hand and lead us in behind the others.

We all took a seat, Kaylee leaning against Matt’s chest, Jimmy on the floor, Me on Zacky’s lap with Johnny beside me and Sammi slowly sitting in the single chair across from all of us. Brian was standing up, leaning against the wall.

Matt sighed and turned to stare coldly at Sammi. ‘So, how do you propose you help us?’

Sammi looked at her feet. ‘Well I was thinking I could maybe spy on Vercro’s clan for you. I’m in with Layton, who is Vercro’s right hand man, so most of the news of their attacks would probably come to me. If I heard anything about them planning to do anything to you guys, I can come warn you before they attack.’

We all looked at each other, except Brian who was still staring intently at the floor. Zacky sighed. ‘How do we know we can trust you? How do we know you’re not the one spying on us?’

Sammi looked up at us, one by one. ‘Please. I want to help you.’

I could see the earnest and sincerity in her eyes when she looked at me. I knew she wasn’t lying, I didn’t need my conscience to tell me that. But what I couldn’t get was why? Why was she helping us? I didn’t know if I could trust her, after what she’d done to me. If anything, I was angry at my body for giving it a second thought. I wanted to laugh at her and turn her away, but my body was too truthful for that. I knew deep down she could be trusted.

I turned to look at Zacky and our eyes met.

Kayla, what do you think?

Biting my lip, I slowly nodded. Zacky smiled lightly at me before turning to look at Sammi.

‘That would be useful. But if you make one slip up, or if for one second we believe you cannot be trusted, you will either be out of here or ripped to pieces. Understood?’

Sammi flinched slightly before nodding eagerly. ‘I won’t slip up. I’m certain.’

We all exchanged glances. Zacky sighed and looked up at Brian. ‘Gates, what do you think?’

Brian looked up slightly but looked down again when his eyes met Sammi’s. ‘She’s not lying. We can trust her.’

Zacky nodded. I decided to speak up. ‘But why would you want to do this? Just a few days ago you were eager to help them and now all of a sudden you’re on our side? It doesn’t make sense.’

Sammi pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them. It was obvious she wasn’t eager to answer this question. Her nervousness confused me. Just a few days ago, when I had first met her, she had seemed so confidant and cocky in what she did. But this girl before me was secluded, as if in fear. Was she scared of us?

I guess she should be. Each one of us, besides me, could tear her apart. There was something on her mind – something that was making her do this. Something that was making her turn over a new leaf. But what was it?

I was interrupted from my thoughts by Sammi’s soft voice. ‘I…I guess I had enough of them. The way they treated people. I wanted to do something helpful.’

I saw Brian look up at her, frowning. Jimmy turned to Brian. ‘She lying Syn?’

I looked over to Sammi and saw she was pleading Brian with her eyes. I narrowed my eyes. This girl was hiding something.

‘No. That’s the truth,’ Brian said slowly, keeping his gaze on Sammi. I frowned. Something was going on. And Brian knew what it was.

Zacky narrowed his eyes slightly, looking between Sammi and Brian, before nodding and looking down.

I sighed, my mind on overload. Was Brian in on this? Were they in on this together? Suddenly, most of the trust I felt I had secured in Brian I began to question. I mean, his mood the whole time that Sammi had been here was different, so there was definitely something happening. But would Brian do that?

I felt something cold grab my hand, sending sparks through my body. I looked up to see Zacky looking at me, concern in his eyes.

Something wrong babe?

I looked up at him and smiled slightly. ‘Later.’ I whispered, and Zacky nodded. Actually, I really needed to talk to someone about it.

I looked up and noticed all eyes were on me, including Brian’s. Oh crap, I forgot they all had super hearing. Jimmy smirked. ‘What’s later, Kayla?’

Zacky sent him a glare saying leave it, and the others all reluctantly looked away. All except Kaylee, who had her eyebrow raised. I mouthed a ‘later’ to her and she nodded.

Matt cleared his throat, breaking the awkward silence. ‘What happens if Vercro finds out? What if he or Layton notices you disappear every time they leave to attack us? What if they catch you with us?’

Sammi let out a nervous chuckle. ‘They won’t notice. I’m not very important there. I’m sure Layton’s just using me. And if they catch me with you, I can say I was coming to help them. But hopefully they won’t catch you anyway.’

Matt nodded. Sammi suddenly looked up at Brian, switching her gaze between his and Zacky’s. ‘Will you protect me?’

Matt scoffed. ‘Why should we?’

Sammi frowned and Brian growled at Matt. Zacky sighed. ‘If you show us loyalty then yes, we will try to protect you. But our clan comes first.’

Sammi nodded. ‘I better go now. Not that they’ll be wondering where I am. I promise I’ll come if I hear news of them attacking.’

Zacky nodded. ‘Thankyou.’

Sammi turned to look at me, sorrow in her eyes. ‘And Kayla, I’m sorry about the other night. I was just following orders.’

I sighed and nodded slowly, showing that I forgave her. She smiled, before turning to look at Brian. Their gaze stayed on each other for a while before she nodded a goodbye and left.

As soon as she was gone I glared at Brian for a while before grabbing Zacky’s hand and pulling him into my bedroom. Zacky raised his eyebrows at me but followed anyway. ‘Kaylee you’re welcome to come to.’

She began to follow and Jimmy clapped his hands. ‘Oooh group orgy. Me want in!’

I chuckled. ‘Sorry Jimbo, not this time.’ We walked into my bedroom and I shut the door, plopping myself on the bed.

Kaylee was the first to talk. ‘What’s wrong?’

I sighed, looking up at her and Zacky. ‘There’s something going on. I know this sounds crazy and you’re not going to believe this but I think Brian’s involved. He was acting all weird the whole time she was here and they kept giving each other looks. And then when she said why she wanted to help us, I looked at her and it was like she was pleading with Brian not to let us know it was a lie. And Brian seemed very protective of her.’

Kaylee nodded. ‘I agree.’

Zacky ran his hand over his face and through his hair. ‘Babe, Brian wouldn’t do that. He’s been loyal to us for years. And he wouldn’t do anything that jeopardises your safety either. I know him too well. He wouldn’t do that.’

I frowned, looking down. It hurt me that Zacky didn’t believe me. Zacky cupped my face in his hand and brought it up to his, kissing me on the nose. I smiled at him, feeling the butterflies in my stomach. He pecked me on the lips quickly before getting up off the bed. ‘Shall we go back down?’

I nodded and looked over at Kaylee, who reluctantly got off the bed. We headed out the door but Kaylee pulled me behind, away from Zacky. ‘I believe you Kayla. And we’re going to work it out.’

I smiled and nodded, before we both caught up to Zacky. Something was going on with Brian and Sammi, but what was it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooo what's Brian up to? And what's Sammi hiding? I know hehe.

If anyone can guess whats happening i'll dedicate the chapter when they find out to them. So good luck :)

Btw Second Heartbeatxx you're not allowed to guess coz you already know. You'll get the chapter dedicated to you as well anyways for the idea :)

So comment, subscribe, etc. And thanks to those who checked out my other story.

Ash xx