Status: Active :)

Green Eyes

22

The waiting part was horrible. I sat, laying against Zacky’s chest, staring at the motionless body of my best friend. Was she dead? Would she ever wake up?

I felt tears beginning to form in my eyes as I thought of what the future would hold. I didn’t know what I’d do if Maddy died. We were like twins – we knew absolutely everything about each other and could tell when the other one was lying or what they were feeling.

Maddy let out a scream and her whole body started shaking. My eyes widened and I buried my head in Zacky’s chest. He ran his fingers through my hair, cooing in my ear. ‘It’s ok baby. It has to happen. She’ll be ok.’

I shook my head and continued to sob, wetting Zacky’s shirt. Maddy screamed again and I turned around to see her body bolt up, her eyes widening, blood red. She screamed and held her hands out, and I watched as the nails on her hand grew sharp and pointed, before she fell back to the floor, her eyes closed, shaking violently.

Zacky wrapped his arms around my waist as I stared at her in horror. My best friend was changing before my eyes. Her normally tan skin was slowly turning a glossy white, and her lips were becoming blood red. Her body continued to shake as it took on its transformations, and occasionally she let out a scream.

I felt someone grab my hand and I looked up to see the sombre face of my mum. I smiled weakly at her, cringing when Maddy let out another screech. She rubbed my hand reassuringly. ‘Maddy’s going to be fine, sweetheart. She’ll be back as she used to be soon.’

I nodded slowly, and smiled at her as well as I could. She dropped my hand and I watched as she walked back over to dad, who grabbed her hand.

I turned around abruptly when I heard a shriek, and saw Maddy was sitting up again, clenching her fists. Shaking, I backed myself further into Zacky’s body, who tightened his grip on me. He kissed the top of my head and rocked me slightly.

I looked up to see Johnny was looking at me with hurt eyes. I smiled weakly at him which he returned before looking down.

Maddy continued to scream, clawing at her face with her hands. Her mouth opened wide and shakes took over her body, rocking her so much I was surprised she didn’t collapse.

Zacky put his mouth to my ear. ‘I think her fangs are forming. That’s the bit that hurts the most. It’s nearly over.’

I nodded and looked up at him, pecking him on the lips. We pulled away and smiled at each other.

I heard someone let out a low growl and I turned around to see Johnny clenching his fists. I called out to him and he looked up, his facial expression softening. I smiled at him. ‘Paris, remember? You and me.’

He smiled and nodded, his fists unclenching. Zack leant down, a frown on his face. ‘I don’t think I’ve heard about Paris.’

I nodded and grinned mischievously. ‘That’s because it’s Johnny and my secret. ‘

He chuckled and raised an eyebrow. ‘Am I a part of this?’

I shrugged, playing the innocent look. ‘That’s up to Johnny.’

He pouted and gave me the puppy dog eyes. I laughed. ‘Sorry Zacky, you’re no where near as good at that as Jimmy.’

Jimmy punched the air. ‘Hell yeah!’

Zacky chuckled and placed a kiss on my nose. We stared into each other’s eyes attentively until a scream caused us to look up.

I looked over to Maddy and I was shocked by what I saw. Her black hair was shining in the moonlight and her mouth was wide open, showing her pearly white fangs. Her lips were blood red and her eyes were bloodshot, and her body continued to shake. Her skin was the same pale colour as Zacky’s, and the nails on her fingers were sharp and pointed. Her tattoos stood out on her skin, and her body was becoming more toned.

Overall, she looked absolutely horrifying. She screamed once more before falling to the ground, her body finally seising to move.

Zacky pushed me onto my feet and grabbed my hand. ‘It’s over. She’s made it.’

I smiled and hugged him tightly, tears falling down my face in relief. I looked over to Johnny. ‘What happens now? Will she wake up?’

Johnny glanced at Maddy. ‘She won’t wake up for a couple of hours. I think it’s best if we take her back to our place.’

The others nodded and I frowned. ‘What will we tell her parents?’

My mum looked up at me and sighed. ‘Her parents already know what’s happening. They’ve been friends of ours for years. I had to let them know in case anything, well, happened to us. They were going to take you in.’

I smiled at her, before turning back to the others. ‘That’s easy then.’

They all nodded. Matt walked over and picked up Maddy gently, holding her in his arms. ‘Shall we go?’

We all nodded and separated into the cars we had come in. Mum and Dad said goodbye, hugging us and thanking the guys before going home.

Four hours later…

I couldn’t stop myself from yawning as I looked down at Maddy’s still-motionless body. It was 1am, and I had been waiting up for hours. Kaylee was seated beside me, playing with my hair. I was growing impatient. When would she wake up?

I heard a soft sound and my eyes quickly diverted to Maddy. Her eyes fluttered open, and my heart began to beat faster.

Maddy’s POV

I lay there, unsure of what my body was capable of doing. All I knew was the pain was over, and I was praying it wouldn’t come back. I tried opening my eyes, but they felt as heavy as lead. I opened my mouth and tried to speak, but nothing happened. What was wrong with me? Was I dead?

My mind flipped back to the last thing I remembered. The vampires. That’s what they were, weren’t they? They must have killed me.

That one with the black hair, I remembered how he had laughed at me. He was looking for Kayla.

Kayla.

They couldn’t have killed me. I remembered her voice, I remember warning her to get away. Oh god, did they kill her too?

Suddenly, I felt like I was suffocating. I tried to breath but my mouth wouldn’t open. My mind began to panic as I desperately tried to get my body working, and get the air I needed.

Then all of a sudden, my nose opened, and I hungrily breathed in the air. I could smell something in it – something that was calling to me. I breathed again, savouring the scent. I had to get it. I needed it.

I forced my eyes open slowly, and I began to take in everything in the room. Everything looked so clear – so perfect. My ears popped and a range of sound came flooding through, including the sounds someone breathing, the sound of people talking and the sound of the trees outside. How was it like this? Was I an angel?

I took in another deep breath and I was immediately reminded of the smell. My mouth began to water and my other senses shut down, only focusing on the cause of the delicious scent. The blood pumped through my veins harshly, and I began to feel a rush of adrenaline. At that moment, my whole world revolved around that scent.

I sniffed the air and turned in the direction the scent was coming from. A pair of blue eyes met mine, and I hungrily licked my lips. I had to get it. I needed to have it. I thirsted for it.

I felt a large growl erupt from my throat, and I grinned, savouring how powerful I felt. Crouching on the floor, I ignored everything around me, except for those blue eyes. They were the source of the scent.

I growled again and pounced forward, grasping out at it with my hands. I heard a scream and I laughed, feeling even more invincible.

My hands grasped around something soft, and I breathed in again. I could hear the person screaming for help, and the sound of people running but I didn’t care.

I looked down at the fresh skin and smiled, licking my lips. I ran my nose over the skin, and I could feel my fangs pushing out, begging me to press down. I needed to break the skin. I needed to feel the warm blood flow through my body. That was all I needed.

I felt something push my stomach and I almost laughed at how weak it was. I couldn’t be defeated! Not when I felt so invincible!

When my nose travelled over a plump vein, I savoured the scent before pressing my fangs to the skin. With little might I pressed down, and I felt the blood begin to flow into my body. I moaned as the feeling of absolute pleasure ran through my body, and the warm blood trickled down my throat. I pressed my fangs down harder, wanting more of the sweet taste. It was the best thing I had ever tasted – and I didn’t want it to stop.

I felt something grab my back and throw me backwards. The sensation left my body and I growled, my back hitting the wall. I picked myself up, not having felt a thing. A saw a pair of hazel eyes on me, full of anger. I pounced forward, clawing my hands out, wanting to get rid of the thing in front of me so I could get back to the source of my pleasure.

The thing pounced towards me and I was surprised when I was thrown backwards and pinned against the wall. How was it stronger than me? Wasn’t I invincible? Wasn’t I the demon of all existence?

I growled and fought back, thrashing my fangs everywhere, trying to get it off me. I tried pulling away but it held me so tightly I couldn’t even move. The hazel eyes bore into mine, and surprisingly, they didn’t hold as much anger as before. Instead, understanding.

I was so confused. I was a monster! I thrashed around some more, desperate to have the warm sensation of blood trickling down my throat once more.

Stop

My head shot up. What was that? I growled and pushed myself forward, but all it resulted in was me being held onto tighter. I could hear mumbled voices and I glanced around the room, but my senses still felt blocked off.

Focus on your eyes. Focus on getting them working. Forget everything else.

What the hell was wrong with me? What was happening!

I did what it said, and forced myself on focusing on my eyes. I pushed all of my strength into getting them working, and I could feel my body shaking with might.

My vision began to become clearer, and I took in everything around me. The person holding me was a man, with pale white skin and big muscles. I looked around further, and I noticed two more people standing in front of me, arms crossed. I pushed my vision further, and I saw a body on the floor, with people surrounding it.

It looked unconscious, and a dark haired man was holding it’s head on his lap, running his fingers across its face. Beside the body was another boy, looking down upon it with just as much concern as the other one. The first one looked up, and his green eyes met mine. His face looked tortured, and I could feel myself shaking. He growled at me, before turning back to the body laying on the floor, kissing it on the head.

My eyes drifted back to the body, and I growled as I felt the scent come back to me. My senses began to become blurry again, and I tried fighting against the arms holding me once more.

Don’t breath. You don’t need to. Concentrate on your eyes.

Shaking, I stopped myself breathing, waiting for suffocation to happen. But it didn’t.

Once I was sure I was ok, I began to focus on my eyes again, and getting them clearer.

When I could see clearly, I looked down at the body again. My eyes took in its long brown hair, and slowly drifted to its face.

When I saw it, my body dropped to the floor, so full of emotion I couldn’t hold it up. All of the eyes turned to me, and I felt tears forming in my eyes. Even the green-eyed boy looked up at me, uncertainty in his eyes. I knew who he was. He was the one I’d seen with Kayla. Her boyfriend. And the body – the one I’d attacked, the one with the mouth-watering scent, was that of my best friend.

‘Kayla.’

What kind of monster was I? My eyes closed and I collapsed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all.

Thanks to those that commented - i really appreciate it. Do you reckon i could get 6 this time? Pretty please?

Also, i would really appreciate if someone could make a banner for me. My page is a bit empty and i need some pictures :)

Hope you liked this one!

Ash xx