Status: Active :)

Green Eyes

06

I rolled over in my bed and sighed. That was the best night sleep I’d had in 13 years. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and looked around. Screaming, I jumped from my bed.

Zacky chuckled. ‘Sorry did I startle you? Its just you are so interesting to watch sleep.’

I blushed and let out a laugh. ‘Thanks I guess? How long have you been there?’

He smiled, sending butterflies through my stomach. ‘Just over an hour. I’m glad you woke up now, the others are really eager to meet you.’

My stomach churned. I hated meeting new people. What if they didn’t like me? What if they didn’t want me to be around Zacky? What if they were vampires like Layton? I gulped and nodded, glancing down to examine my state. I was still wearing the clothes I had had on last night.

Zacky noticed me examining my clothes in disgust. ‘You can have a shower if you like. Syn picked up some of your clothes from your house. They’re already waiting in the bathroom.’

My house? Did that mean he had seen my parents? Were they ok? Wait, who was Syn?

As if reading my thoughts, Zacky quickly added: ‘Your parents are fine. They understand that you need to be here for the time being.’

I nodded and thanked him, grabbing the towel sitting on my bed and walking into the bathroom. It was huge. There was a spa as well as a shower lined with gold, and a fancy sink and matching toilet. I quickly marvelled this, before making a mental note to come back to the spa later.

I quickly showered and dried my hair, and decided to leave it out. I put on a light coat of makeup and examined myself. Meh, nothing spectacular. I sighed and exited the bathroom.

I walked over to where I had left my jacket and grabbed my phone. I already had 11 messages – 6 from Maddy, 2 from Brittany, 2 from Tahnee and 1 from Liam. How the hell did he get my number? I opened his first.

Hi Kayla its Liam. Im going to this party tonight of one of my work mates and I was wondering if ud like to come with me? I was gonna ask u today at school but u weren’t there. It starts at 8 so I can pick you up at like 7:30? Hope ur ok :)

Liam xoxo


Chuckling, I shook my head. Man, that guy doesn’t know when to give up. I kinda feel sorry for him.

Hi Liam. Thx for the invite but im at my uncles house so I wont be able to go. Hope u have fun :)

Kayla


I laughed, thinking of Zacky as my uncle. He would have to be the sexiest uncle anyone’s ever had. I opened the first one from Maddy.

Hey girl! Whats up with you not being at school today? Are u ok?

Maddy xx


Next.

Kayla? Yoo-hoo? Answer me bitch!

Maddy


The rest continued in this pattern, and in each her worry for me got worse. I laughed and hit reply.

Hey Maddy! Sorry I wasn’t at school today somethings come up. I’ll talk to u later.

Kayla xoxo


I opened Brittany’s, and immediately cracked up.

Kayla! Help me! Your not at school to save me from the evil leprechauns that are trying to steal my lunch! And I have a tuna sandwich today :(

Brit xoxo

Kayla! Seriously! I’m dieing of starvation here!

Brit


I quickly replied to both hers and Tahnee’s before closing my phone and leaving the room.

My stomach filled with butterflies as I headed down the stairs to where the voices were coming from.
‘He managed to get away before we could finish him.’ I heard a growl.

‘What?! What if he comes back for her?’ I recognised Zacky’s voice. I decided to enter.

I casually walked into the room, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach. ‘Who comes back for who?’

I felt 4 pairs of eyes fixate on me, and I shrank back. I gazed around the room, noticing that all the guys but Zacky were staring at me with wide eyes. They quickly turned this to smiles as they noticed my concerned expression.

The silence was broken by Zacky’s menacing growl, followed by a chuckle from one of the guys. ‘I’m just saying’, he mumbled, chuckling

Zacky glared at him quickly before turning to the tallest of the others and growling loudly. He turned to Zacky and laughed. ‘Jeez can’t a guy be have a single complimentary thought around here?’ Zacky continued to glare.

Okay, now I was really confused. I stared at Zacky questioningly but he just smiled.

Zacky’s POV

The door opened and both Syn and Matt entered. Jimmy was busy stuffing himself with as many pancakes as possible. Yeah, vampires can eat normal food too. I turned to Matt. ‘Well? Did you kill Layton?’

Matt sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. ‘He managed to get away before we could finish him.’

I growled, my thoughts immediately turning to Kayla. ‘What?! What if he comes back for her?’

Matt was about to answer when we were interrupted by the door opening. ‘Who comes back for who?’ Kayla asked, casually waltzing into the room. She looked breathtaking. Well, she would have if I wasn’t a vampire. The guys all stared at her with wide eyes, and I watched as she began to become worried.

Smile idiots. She’s freaking out.

I watched as they all began to smile, and Kayla immediately relaxed. Brian’s voice appeared in my head.

Wow, that’s one fine looking girl.

I growled at him, and he chuckled. ‘I’m just saying’ I continued to glare at him until he turned away embarrassed.

I’d like to root that…

I growled, turning my attention to Jimmy. He laughed. ‘Jeez can’t a guy be have a single complimentary thought around here? I glared at him, before turning to Matt, silently warning him. I turned around when I noticed Kayla staring questioningly at me. I just smiled. ‘Time for introductions.’

‘Me first!’ Jimmy jumped up and down and ran towards Kayla, who took a step back. ‘I’m Jimmy!’ He grinned at her widely. Kayla chuckled and smiled at him.

‘I’m Kayla, nice to meet you Ji…’ she was cut off by Jimmy scooping her up in a hug and squeezing her tightly. I laughed as she awkwardly hugged back.

When Jimmy finally let go, Matt walked over and smiled, showing his dimples. I laughed at his attempt to charm her. ‘I’m Shadows, but you can call me Matt.’

She smiled back brilliantly, making my dead heart flutter. She had the most beautiful smile. ‘Shadows, what an awesome name for a vampire.’ They continued to smile at each other until Brian came up and pushed Matt out of the way. ‘I’m Syn, or Brian.’ He said, seductively. Both Jimmy and I cracked up laughing when she just awkwardly smiled back. Syn was used to girls swooning over him. Brian frowned and walked away.

She looked at me and smiled. ‘So do you guys have any special vampire powers or something?’

I laughed at her question. ‘Yeah, actually we all do.’ I turned and pointed to Matt. ‘Shadows is probably the most powerful vampire around. He can set fire to things just by looking at them. It doesn’t work with vampires though.’ I turned my attention to Brian. ‘Syn can tell if someone’s lying, so I’d be cautious what you say around him if I was you.’ Kayla nodded, and I turned to Jimmy. ‘The Rev’s power is a bit more complicated. Basically, it seems that he can just disappear and appear in an instant. What actually happens is he briefly stops time and restarts it when he is where he wants. We’ve tried to train him for ages to learn to stop time whenever he wants to, but we haven’t been successful yet.’

Kayla gasped as Jimmy suddenly appeared in front of her. ‘Cool huh?’

Kayla laughed and nodded. ‘Just don’t go surprising me all the time. Us humans aren’t as strong as you.’

Jimmy smiled and Kayla turned to face me. ‘What are you’re powers Zacky?’

God I loved the way she said my name. It was so innocent, so utterly cute. I smiled. ‘I can put thoughts in people’s heads without them actually thinking it. I can disguise it as their thought or I can make it seem like I am talking to them. It’s very useful.’

Kayla’s face scrunched up in realisation. ‘Is that what you were doing to me the night you saved me?’

I pondered on whether to tell her my theory, about the real reason behind this, but instead decided to leave it at that. I nodded, causing all the guys to send questioning glances at me.

Not now guys. She’s had enough information for today

Kayla seemed to accept my answer and instead changed the subject. ‘Hey, weren’t there five of you the other night?’

Oh yeah, Christ was missing. Hard to notice him since he took up so little room. I chuckled at the thought. ‘Yeah Christ is missing. He’s probably out sorting stuff out or something.’

Kayla raised her eyebrows. ‘Christ?’

We all laughed. ‘Each of us have a vampire name that we tend to call each other most of the time. I’m Vengeance, Brian’s Synister Gates, Jimmy’s The Rev, Matt’s Shadows and Christ is Johnny’s name.’

Kayla smiled and nodded. ‘Can he do anything cool?’

I laughed at her choice of words. ‘Johnny has the power to make people do things without realising or having control over what they are doing. It’s a dangerous power but it only works when people have their mind open.’

Kayla nodded and grinned at me. Wow, I loved her smile. I really could get used to having her around here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Thanks to those who commented you make me smile :)

Im not happy with this chapter. Its a filler but i needed to get the info out there.

Next chapter Zacky will explain everything to Kayla (dw its much more interesting than this) as well as a little surprise at the end!!

Pleeeeease comment and rate to put a smile on my dile :)

Ash xx