Status: Active :)

Green Eyes

08

I walked into the room behind Zacky and was immediately greeted by all the boys. Jimmy jumped up and down in excitement and wrapped me in a massive hug, while the others just smiled and hugged me. Yesterday, after the introductions I had really gotten to know the other guys.

Jimmy, I would have to say, was my favourite. Well, behind Zacky. He had quickly become my best friend in the house and his personality reminded me greatly of Brittany’s. He was loud, fun and very immature.

At first Brian intimidated me, probably because of his continued attempts to seduce me. Jimmy told me he wasn’t used to being shut down. Eventually I began to see that he was a really nice guy once you got over the cocky attitude. I found he was very easy to talk to about anything.

Matt was like a big brother. He was also very easy to talk to and when he smiled you found yourself smiling back. I knew immediately that I could rely on him to have my back in any situation.

That left me with Johnny. As soon as I walked into the kitchen I knew it was him. He was exactly as the others had described – short with blond and black hair. As the others greeted me I watched him turn around and stare at me, an unknown emotion in his eyes. After a couple of minutes of staring I finally decided to introduce myself. I awkwardly walked towards him, waiting for sort of sign that that was ok. After receiving none, I decided to continue anyways. ‘Hi, I’m Kayla. You must be Johnny.’ I held out my hand.

Johnny, still gazing at me dreamily, shook my hand and nodded, before walking out of the room. I looked at the others questioningly. Jimmy sighed and walked over. ‘Don’t worry, its not that he doesn’t like you, he can just be a little weird sometimes.’ The others nodded in agreement, and I chuckled nervously.

‘Ok then.’

Zacky looked at the others, once again having a ‘silent conversation’. I was starting to get annoyed. ‘Hey guys, human here. Can you get out of each others minds for a second and talk out loud?’

Zacky laughed and turned to look at me. ‘I think its time we told you a little more about Johnny.’

I nodded and followed the guys into the room with the beautiful view. I sat down in the same spot as I had yesterday, and to my surprise, Zacky sat next to me. I felt the desire to scoot closer but was interrupted when Jimmy took a run up and landed between me and Zacky. ‘Owww Jimmy you idiot!’

Jimmy smiled sheepishly at me and Zacky while Zacky looked at him annoyed.. Brian cleared his throat. ‘Shall we start?’

The guys all nodded and turned to Brian. Obviously he was going to start.

‘Johnny, although the youngest physically, is actually the oldest vampire here. About 200 years ago, Johnny lived in a town in South America, in Argentina. He worked on a farm with his parents and two sisters, and they had to work quite hard to survive.

‘One winter, when Johnny was 17, his family were sitting by the fire when there was a knock at the door. Standing there, soaking wet and shivering from the cold was a woman. Her name was Lorette. She was about Johnny’s age, and had run away from a group of bandits that had tried to kill her. Johnny’s family immediately offered her a place to stay, and although it was hard for them to afford it, they made sure she had food to eat and a bed to sleep in.

‘Months passed and Lorette still stayed with them. They had grown to love her as one of their family. Johnny and her had become really close, and quickly realised they were in love. They planned to get married and spend the rest of their life together.

‘One summer night, Johnny and Lorette were lying under the stars, in each other’s arms, when something interrupted them. A group of pale white creatures appeared before them, growling. Johnny scooped up Lorette and tried to run, but the creatures quickly caught up and threw them both to the ground. Johnny tried to protect Lorette but the creatures took her away from him, screaming. Johnny fought them but they were too powerful. He watched as they killed Lorette. After they were finished, they turned to him. He begged them to kill him so he could be with Lorette but they laughed and said they had something much better for him. Two of them pinned him to the ground and as he struggled against them, one leant down to his neck and bit him. They drained him to a point of almost death before disappearing. He lay there, all the time thinking he was going to die.

‘About a week later, he began to regain strength. He found himself craving blood, which disgusted him. When he was fully recovered he began to discover his strengths. Johnny desperately wanted to know what he was, what he had become. He searched for the creatures that had done this to him but they had disappeared from the area.

‘He mourned for Lorette with everything he had. Each night he would promise her he would come for her, and that he would destroy those who had killed her. One night, in despair, Johnny tried to kill himself. He tried to stab himself in the heart with a knife, only to be greeted by the realisation that he was in fact immortal

‘Johnny knew he had to leave everything he ever loved in order to keep them safe. He left his family and began to wander the world, searching for other people like him.

‘His heart stayed with Lorette and he spent his days searching for her. Although he knew she was dead, part of him clung to the fact that she might still be alive, reincarnated as another being.

‘About 100 years later he met up with Matt, and they formed a clan. A few years on, the rest of us joined, and we moved here with Zacky. Ever since we first met him, he has been the same. Always dazed, still searching for Lorette.

‘And that, my friend, is the story of Johnny.’

I hadn’t noticed I was crying until I felt Jimmy wrap his long arms around me. I couldn’t help but cry. Here I was, thinking my life was a mess, when Johnny had literally lost everyone he loved. He had to watched his lover die, his family grow old, all the time knowing he himself would never join them. I felt absolute compassion for him. I felt the need to be there for him, to befriend him. I wanted to be the one that made things ok.

I looked up, realising everyone was staring at me. Embarrassed, I went to wipe away my tears, but instead felt Zacky do it for me. I looked up at him and smiled, before turning to the others. I didn’t quite know what to say. ‘That’s horrible. Poor Johnny.’

The others smiled grimly at me and nodded. Jimmy patted my shoulder. ‘See he doesn’t dislike you. He’s just naturally weird.’

I snorted with laughter. ‘Nicely put Jimmy.’

The others smiled and patted my back before leaving the room, leaving me alone with Zacky. I looked up at him and he smiled. ‘Need a hug?’

I laughed and nodded. I didn’t know why I was so affected by this story, but I was. Maybe it was the fact that I knew what it was like to lose someone that special. But no matter how hard my life was, I could never experience the pain that Johnny had.

Zacky scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. Electricity pulsed through me as I snuggled into him, holding onto him desperately as if he was going to leave. We seemed to fit together perfectly, and I wanted to stay there forever.

I looked up at him and my eyes met with those green ones I had grown to love. I knew the emotion in them. It mirrored my own. Love.

He leaned down towards me slowly, and everything in the room stopped. Me breathing quickened as his lips came towards mine. All I wanted right now was to kiss him.

When his lips met mine, I felt I was soaring. I pushed myself closer to him, deepening the kiss as I clung to him, never wanting this to end.

I whimpered as he pulled away, and smiled at me. ‘Feeling better now?’

I couldn’t even answer him. I just nodded.

Johnny POV

I stared at her through the window, watching the tears falling down her face. I wanted desperately to go wipe them away for her and to hold her close to me.

‘I see the way you look at her.’

I jumped up in surprise and turned to see Matt standing there, eyeing me suspiciously. ‘Johnny don’t do this again. I’ve seen you do this so many times before. She’s not Lorette.’

Lorette. God I missed her. I shook my head to dismiss the thoughts. ‘I know she’s not Lorette. But she’s the one. She’s my soulmate. I know it’s her.’

Matt sighed. ‘Johnny she’s not your soulmate. She’s Zacky’s. Try to get over it ok? Don’t do this to yourself again. She’s a sweet girl. Try to be friends.’

She’s Zacky’s soulmate? She couldn’t be! They were wrong! She was mine – I was sure of it. I had never felt this way about someone before, besides Lorette. I needed Kayla, I couldn’t live without her.

I ran from the room and went up to the roof to think.

Kayla’s POV

After the kiss, I was on a high. I walked into the kitchen smiling giddily, when I heard crying from the roof. Cautiously, I climbed up onto the roof, to find Johnny sitting there, curled up in a ball.

My compassion for him from earlier came back and I immediately knew I had to help him. Crawling over to him as quietly as I could, I called his name.

He looked up in shock when he saw me, and his eyes began to cloud over again as he wiped away his tears.

I sat beside him and put my arm around him. He shivered at my touch. ‘What’s wrong?’

Johnny looked up at me and sighed. Slowly, his head started to move towards mine. Oh god – he was going to kiss me! I started to move away but something came over me, forcing me forwards, placing my lips on his. The kiss was nothing like Zacky’s, and the whole time my thoughts told me to pull away but I couldn’t.

A growl came from behind us. ‘Johnny, let her go.’

Johnny gasped and pulled away, releasing me from my trance.

Standing there, eyes black with fury, was Zacky. I started crying. ‘Zacky it’s not what you think.’

Zacky’s eyes softened when he met mine, and he forced a smile. ‘I know Kayla. Remember Johnny’s power?’

Johnny whimpered from beside me and I immediately felt guilty. No matter what he had made me do, I couldn’t be mad at him.

Zacky continued to growl at Johnny before he turned to me, grabbing onto my arm. ‘We have to go.’

Before I knew what was happening, we were moving at an extremely quick pace, and when we stopped I realised we were outside my house.

I looked up at Zacky and noticed he was crying. I felt my eyes begin to fill with tears also as I looked at him. Zacky wiped my tears away. ‘I have to go. You need to be away from Johnny. This is goodbye for us.’

I shook my head. It couldn’t be. We had just kissed – I had to be with him forever. He couldn’t leave me! The thought that I would never see him again made me mad and I feel to the floor sobbing. Zacky looked like he wanted to help me but quickly took a step back. ‘Goodbye Kayla’.

Then he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok.. alot of info there. That one was really hard to write so i'm sorry if it didn't turn out too well.

All i can say is - poor Johnny :(

Thanks to those who commented and please keep it up it encourages me to write more!

Hope you liked it

Ash xx