The Doctor

The Doctor - One Shot

Out of the peaceful silence seeping through the clean white room, His emotional voice sighs," Lily…" and his eyes soften again with sadness.
"Scalpel. Needle. Thread. Anesthetic." He continues at a whisper to his assistant and within seconds his hands hold the tools. "Heart wound by a broken boy. The effects seem pretty deeply lodged, if only she had come to me sooner after the time of trauma. Oh well, I suppose better late than never. "He chatters to the man standing beside him and begins his craft.

His work is soft and effective, never harming. He finds the foreign object soon, because he always knew where it lay. He sighs sorrowfully at the damage it had caused and swiftly brushes his fingers past his eyes. The man beside him, Michael, pretends not to see the tear smudged away by his great hands. Michael had seen this part of his job enough to know how this goes. But after centuries with Him, Michael knows that his heart cannot begin to understand the stabbing and tearing pain that He feels every time one of his children falls.

Moments of silent work slide beneath them as the pair are absorbed in their patient's heart. Her newly wet cheeks glow under the white light and they smile at her dreamy expression, content in knowing that she will be fine.

After the worst is removed, and she is sowed back together, He moves on to a deep gash on her upper arm." Family troubles. It's minor, but only adds to the pain." He states before stitching up the cut. Soon, it is healed and the same warm sensation that Lily felt in her mended heart, swam through her arm. Tears continue to slide down her cheeks, and everything is okay again.

As He puts down the scissors, needle and thread, he lovingly stares at Lily's content face. Michael moves his hands quickly to prepare the tools for another job but He stops him by gently putting his hands over Michael's. "No more Michael."
"But there are still so many injuries." Michael pleads.
"We cannot fix what she will not allow."
A sad silence lingers in the air as Lily gets up gracefully and walks from the room.

"Jacob" Michael says before another person is wheeled in on a soft table. They both study the bruised body. "The guilt from Hannah's death still eats at him. It's his wound," Michael states pointing to a severe burn on Jacob's chest. "He's made some mistakes Yahweh. But he's so sorry."

"I know." God whispers.